Why the **** are you still here ?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Why the **** are you still here ?

by Dirk Gently » 28 Mar 2022 10:56

karbota
YorkshireRoyal99
karbota I warned you all years ago about the perils of foreign ownership, managers, and players.
Dont wanna say it but I will I TOLD YOU SO. Looks like the chickens are well and truly roosting!.

You can't really say that though because, for the bad one's, there are very much good foreign owners, managers and players.

There are plenty of examples of British owners, managers and players that are as bad as/worse than a lot of the foreign owners, managers and players.

So just bad luck with our last three owners and managers?.

No. The more damage a bad owner has done to a club, the less attractive it is to a sensible buyer, so the greater the likelihood the next owner will be even worse.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Mar 2022 12:41

Thread title should read:

Why the **** is anyone still engaging with the stupid racist troll?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 28 Mar 2022 15:23

Snowflake Royal Thread title should read:

Because it’s a discussion board, and he’s clearly just another regular poster having a ‘laugh’.

Hiram K Hackenbacker

by Hiram K Hackenbacker » 31 Mar 2022 17:47

Dirk Gently
karbota
YorkshireRoyal99
You can't really say that though because, for the bad one's, there are very much good foreign owners, managers and players.

There are plenty of examples of British owners, managers and players that are as bad as/worse than a lot of the foreign owners, managers and players.

No. The more damage a bad owner has done to a club, the less attractive it is to a sensible buyer, so the greater the likelihood the next owner will be even worse.

I agree

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 31 Mar 2022 18:52

Hiram K Hackenbacker
Dirk Gently
karbota

I agree

Welcome back dickhead, you are one sad prick. btw tis is aimed at the latest comment.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 01 Apr 2022 09:39

Nameless

Because it’s a discussion board, and he’s clearly just another regular poster having a ‘laugh’.

Yeah being a massive racist is hilarious and should be considered as banter.

percy_freeman

by percy_freeman » 01 Apr 2022 17:15

I moved to Yateley in 1967 and when the 67/68 season started I met some lads who went to Aldershot so started going with them. Some when during that season I met some new friends and they took me to Elm Park. As a 12 year old, the walk to Sandhurst station and then the walk from Reading station to Elm Park was a major event. I have been to a various ammount of games every year since then, even when I lived in Spain for two years and I still se a couple of those lads who took me to my first games. Been to a lot less games this year due mainly to mobility issues but I expect if we were flying high I would of made the effort a bit more. I'll be back every year that I can as Reading FC are my one and only team and always will be. Not many can say they have seen them in Div 4,3,2,1,The Championship, The Premiership and at Wembley.

fred sharpes nose

by fred sharpes nose » 01 Apr 2022 19:57

percy_freeman I moved to Yateley in 1967 and when the 67/68 season started I met some lads who went to Aldershot so started going with them. Some when during that season I met some new friends and they took me to Elm Park. As a 12 year old, the walk to Sandhurst station and then the walk from Reading station to Elm Park was a major event. I have been to a various ammount of games every year since then, even when I lived in Spain for two years and I still se a couple of those lads who took me to my first games. Been to a lot less games this year due mainly to mobility issues but I expect if we were flying high I would of made the effort a bit more. I'll be back every year that I can as Reading FC are my one and only team and always will be. Not many can say they have seen them in Div 4,3,2,1,The Championship, The Premiership and at Wembley.

Blimey Blimey Blimey - my family moved to Yateley I think 1968. First Reading game was 1970, from then on I follow in your footsteps - the walk to Sandhust station, and then along the Oxford Road to Elm Park. Maybe get the Evening Post Sports supplement at the station. If had a bit of spare cash would stop at a chippy in Oxford Road on the way back. Seem to remember cowering in the chipy doorway as a full on bundle took place between the hardnuts from the South Bank and a bunch of Villa fans - big crowd early 70s ( I think we lost as was par for the course). Exciting times for a young lad from the backwaters

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 01 Apr 2022 22:04

NathStPaul
Nameless

Yeah being a massive racist is hilarious and should be considered as banter.

Where and when, please?.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 01 Apr 2022 22:06

Nameless

Thanks, Nameless some are quite unable to accept the alternative view.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 19 Apr 2022 08:33

A terrible season marred by the points deduction, injuries, Pauno, 0-7 at home to Fulham and the constant threat of relegation..........and then the team come back from 4-1 down with barely 30 minutes left and a local lad gets a 95th minute equalizer that pretty well secures our place in the Championship AND relegates the media's favourite team.

That is why the **** people still go to games.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 19 Apr 2022 08:45

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 19 Apr 2022 09:59

Yep, 100%.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Apr 2022 11:04

Yep moments like that make it all worth it

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 19 Apr 2022 14:24

Hound Yep moments like that make it all worth it

Was saying to Lady Hendo today that for all the disappointment and shit this year, yesterday was so special and makes sitting through the dross worth it. You wait years and years to have a feeling like that yesterday.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 19 Apr 2022 17:44

Hendo
Hound Yep moments like that make it all worth it

Was saying to Lady Hendo today that for all the disappointment and shit this year, yesterday was so special and makes sitting through the dross worth it. You wait years and years to have a feeling like that yesterday.

Yep, that's what I was alluding to when I said:

Dirk Gently
Green perhaps fear of missing out

That's exactly it. For years and years I had a season ticket and went to drab, miserable and depressing matches week-in, week-out always in the fear that if I didn't go I'd miss a 4-3 over Plymouth or an Archie vs Wolves or a similar dramatic and memorable match.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Apr 2022 08:28

I dream that one day, hopefully soon, the sun will rise again on the Madejski Stadium under a new owner and there will be a new dawn of success, good management, good football and sustainable finances.

Football is cyclical. We will rise again from the ashes of Zingarevich, Stam, Gomes, Clement, Paunovic, Joorabchian, Gourlay and Yongge and have a club to be proud of once more. And I hope to still be here to see it.

And when that time comes, we shall win a Play Off Final at Wembley. And peace and goodwill shall reign on Earth. Except in Swindon.