Injury watch 2022/23

808 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Injury watch 2022/23

by Stranded » 10 May 2023 08:27

I doubt Ejaria would be on 15k next year, as there should be the standard relegation clause - would still be our top earner.

If someone comes in for him, even with a nominal fee then it is probably best for all parties that he moves on but I wouldn't be surprised to see him still here come pre-season so that the new guy can take a look at him.

A fit, focused Ejaria playing as a #10 could be too good for most L1 teams. Question is, if such an Ejaria exists.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 May 2023 08:32

Stranded I doubt Ejaria would be on 15k next year, as there should be the standard relegation clause - would still be our top earner.

If someone comes in for him, even with a nominal fee then it is probably best for all parties that he moves on but I wouldn't be surprised to see him still here come pre-season so that the new guy can take a look at him.

A fit, focused Ejaria playing as a #10 could be too good for most L1 teams. Question is, if such an Ejaria exists.

Do you genuinely think the club has been well run enough for most of our players to have relegation wage reduction clauses?

Ejaria's contract was long enough ago I doubt he has one.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 May 2023 08:38

Snowflake Royal
Stranded I doubt Ejaria would be on 15k next year, as there should be the standard relegation clause - would still be our top earner.

Do you genuinely think the club has been well run enough for most of our players to have relegation wage reduction clauses?

Ejaria's contract was long enough ago I doubt he has one.

I would hope that as it is a pretty standard clause, that even the club it's current state haven't managed to screw that one up but who knows.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 10 May 2023 08:42

I'd suspect he might have one, the players who might not could be those players who renewed deals in the last couple of summers given the wages they are reported to be on (some reports say around £3k p/w for some players).

Even if he does, he will still be earning a very good wage for the level we are playing at and he isn't that sort of player that would justify it based on what we've seen over the last few seasons. It would take him to have a blinding season (and for us to get promoted) for us to even consider renewing and, even then, his services might be wanted elsewhere. The chances of that scenario happening though are pretty slim by now.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 May 2023 08:43

Difficult to know what is going on behind the scenes with him. I’d continue to argue he was a very good player two years back - the all round stats show this and he’d have got into most champ teams at the time

Last two years have been dismal though - esp the last one.

I’m not sure there will be many offers for him. Depends what if any additional restrictions we are under and what the wage bill currently looks like

A front 4 of something like Ince, Ejaria, Azeez and Carroll could be very good in L1. Really does depend on their attitudes, fitness and if they want to stay

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 May 2023 09:33

There is no question that in L1 a player of Ejaria's ability should be getting 15+ goals and assists combined, minimum.

I also have little doubt he wouldn't.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 10 May 2023 09:36

Snowflake Royal There is no question that in L1 a player of Ejaria's ability should be getting 15+ goals and assists combined, minimum.

If we were to get Wilder I couldn't see him having much time for Ejaria's antics. He'd be transfer listed within a week.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 10 May 2023 11:04

NathStPaul
Snowflake Royal There is no question that in L1 a player of Ejaria's ability should be getting 15+ goals and assists combined, minimum.

If we were to get Wilder I couldn't see him having much time for Ejaria's antics. He'd be transfer listed within a week.

Let's just give everyone a clean sheet going forward, no reason to think that if the club can't get a manager who puts a buzz about the place and supporters, rather than the totally depressive feeling of the last few appointments, that the players won't also all be wanting to buy into things and be winners.

Fingers crossed for Wilder, he is one of the very few experienced realistic target managers for Reading who could do that and we've seen with the owners that, to be fair, they are loyal to the management team so whoever it is should get a fair crack.

808 posts