MATCHWATCH : Cardiff City (h)

274 posts
Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Cardiff City (h)

by Nameless » 06 Aug 2022 18:52

windermereROYAL Referee saying Ince took the ball too wide for the pen to award a red card, it was a tap in you fucking clown.

More than balanced by the utterly cynical foul and lack of covering defender. He seems to have decided to give the benefit of the doubt to the defender, without considering how rapid Ince is....

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Aug 2022 18:52

Hound
Nameless
CountryRoyal I like the look of Fornah.

First half he looked like a schoolboy, did some good stuff second half but doesn’t look physically strong. Hopefully he will develop as he clearly has ability. Can’t see him starting ahead of Loum next week....

Thought he was decent throughout from 20 mins in but certainly got better

Thought he looked pretty strong personally. But Loum will come in ahead of him, but useful back up

Yeah, don't see the lack of strength at all.

Once again he grew into the game. Can’t spend the first 45 minutes of every game being anonymous and deep in our half, but he was far from alone in that in either game.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 06 Aug 2022 18:52

Ince's goal was lucky.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 06 Aug 2022 18:53

NewCorkSeth
Nameless
Snowflake Royal Are you talking about when Hendrick tried to kick his head off his shoulders?

Will be interesting to see that one again. Looked in real time like Hendrick was waiting for the ball to drop, swung and as he did Rino went diving in head first. Still a duty on the player not to endanger another player so probably right to be a free kick.
The incident right at the end where a Cardiff defender threw Ehitb into the boards was worse, totally intentional and no excuse of having his eye on the ball !

Yeah, that was some real thuggery. Ehitb looked pretty bright didn't he? Big fella too unless my eyes deceived me.

He’s big but he’s a decent player. I think he’s a better prospect than Clarke personally.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Aug 2022 18:53

windermereROYAL Referee saying Ince took the ball too wide for the pen to award a red card, it was a tap in you fucking clown.

Isn't Ince left footed?

With a keeper on the line, sure, but the goal was empty.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Aug 2022 18:54

Poor excuse. He didn’t give himself anytime to think about decision, card went straight up and he made a poor choice in yellow

Couldn’t be a more obvious red

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Aug 2022 18:55

Nameless
NewCorkSeth
Nameless
Will be interesting to see that one again. Looked in real time like Hendrick was waiting for the ball to drop, swung and as he did Rino went diving in head first. Still a duty on the player not to endanger another player so probably right to be a free kick.
The incident right at the end where a Cardiff defender threw Ehitb into the boards was worse, totally intentional and no excuse of having his eye on the ball !

Yeah, that was some real thuggery. Ehitb looked pretty bright didn't he? Big fella too unless my eyes deceived me.

He’s big but he’s a decent player. I think he’s a better prospect than Clarke personally.

Yes he looked good. Decent control, quick and worked hard

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 06 Aug 2022 18:56

:D

Paul Ince on Nelson not being sent off:

'The ref said to me that once he'd gone around the goalkeeper he wasn't going to shoot. What was he going to do? Stand there and juggle the ball?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 06 Aug 2022 19:02

morganb :D

'The ref said to me that once he'd gone around the goalkeeper he wasn't going to shoot. What was he going to do? Stand there and juggle the ball?

To Ben fairnthere have been times in recent seasons where from that position we’d have played the ball out wide, then back to the full back, inside to LAurent, back to Morrison and then all the way back to the keeper. Perhaps the ref had done his homework ?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Aug 2022 19:02

Ref is an absolute moron.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 06 Aug 2022 19:05

Good to see that Lumley has settled in so well, decent command of his territory…..memories of Marcus

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 06 Aug 2022 19:07

AthleticoSpizz Good to see that Lumley has settled in so well, decent command of his territory…..memories of Marcus

But he`s shit, our fans said so.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 06 Aug 2022 19:07

Lumley and Ince outstanding today with 7/10s and more elsewhere.

Fornah was class and grew into the game.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 06 Aug 2022 19:08

windermereROYAL
AthleticoSpizz Good to see that Lumley has settled in so well, decent command of his territory…..memories of Marcus

well, one did.

Pre-judgement can be embarressing :lol:

Singing Defective

by Singing Defective » 06 Aug 2022 19:12

I was about twenty yards away in 1871, and the ref really needs to re-read his rule book. Wtf did he expect Ince to do, pass the ball behind back to the keeper?

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 06 Aug 2022 19:12

Nameless
Snowflake Royal
Hound Rino - well can see one of the reasons why our midfield was so dominated in his time here. Headless chicken. Better off without.

Are you talking about when Hendrick tried to kick his head off his shoulders?

That's what I saw. His head was down and Hendrick went for the spectacular.
For me Hendrick deserved more credit today, picked up some brilliant second ball and the midfield shielded the back line pretty well at the end. Last season I would have been confident we would have conceeded.
We just need to start better though.....

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Aug 2022 19:14

AthleticoSpizz
windermereROYAL

well, one did.

Pre-judgement can be embarressing :lol:

More than one.

And it's a long old season. Everyone was singing Southwood's praise after 2 games.

Doing pretty well so far.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 06 Aug 2022 19:15

Why was there no goal music? it’s a great decision if they’ve decided to scrap it.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Aug 2022 19:15

Haha nice quote

I do quite like p ince.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 06 Aug 2022 19:16

Very satisfying to win from behind, something we've failed to do regularly over the past few years. When was the last one?

As for the red, poor call but ref's do seem to err toward giving a yellow when giving a pen if there is any modicum of doubt in their minds over the challenge.

274 posts