MATCHWATCH : Middlesbrough (h)

145 posts
JR

Re: MATCHWATCH : Middlesbrough (h)

by JR » 21 Aug 2022 01:05

windermereROYAL That goal is disallowed with VAR, Hendrick standing right in front of the keeper, but i don`t care.

Don’t think so - the Spurs goal that was much worse last week wasn’t.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Aug 2022 06:55

windermereROYAL That goal is disallowed with VAR, Hendrick standing right in front of the keeper, but i don`t care.

Pretty sure he still had clear sight of the ball, so may well not have been.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Aug 2022 08:59

JR

I don’t watch much PL but what I have seen I've never got the impression anyone rules out much for a player being offside in the keeper's eyeline. It's always been a very high bar.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Aug 2022 09:00

Snowflake Royal
JR

I don’t watch much PL but what I have seen I've never got the impression anyone rules out much for a player being offside in the keeper's eyeline. It's always been a very high bar.

Different league admittedly but watching the Frankfurt-Köln match at the weekend, the latter scored an equaliser with a player offside and blocking the keepers view. VAR reviewed it and allowed the goal as they decided the player being there made no difference as he wouldn't have been able to save it anyway.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Aug 2022 10:29

Stranded
Snowflake Royal
JR

Different league admittedly but watching the Frankfurt-Köln match at the weekend, the latter scored an equaliser with a player offside and blocking the keepers view. VAR reviewed it and allowed the goal as they decided the player being there made no difference as he wouldn't have been able to save it anyway.

#Germanydoesitbetter

145 posts