BFTG/TV - M'bro H

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

Re: BFTG/TV - M'bro H

by gazzer, loyal royal » 22 Aug 2022 06:48

Not surprised the players were a big leggy. Understand the Blackburn game was the largest collective output in 4 years! Makes sense considering the players questioned Pauno a lot about intensity in training and games

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Aug 2022 08:33

With Clarke, I'm a tad confused if he take a squad place on not. I think not given his age but he was a "first team" signing brought in after the agreed decision, so that may mean he does.

Either way, looking like we may have a player there - would continue his development with us up until Jan at least getting minutes here and there but would then be tempted to send him to a L1/L2 side for the second half of the season, if we have enough fit CBs naturally, or he really steps up and becomes a first choice.

Great bit of business by us to spot him and his potential.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Aug 2022 08:41

Nameless
skipper
Zip
Glad this has been mentioned. To repeat this lad only turned 18 in April and I think he looks the part.

He looks hard as nails too. Surely we can't have a 3rd defender in as many years break into the first team?

We’ve had 3 Academy defenders break through. Clarke isn’t an Academy product.....

Indeed we nicked him from Port Vale's Academy

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Aug 2022 08:50

Zip
Nameless
skipper
He looks hard as nails too. Surely we can't have a 3rd defender in as many years break into the first team?

We’ve had 3 Academy defenders break through. Clarke isn’t an Academy product.....

Tbh I don’t understand how we got Clarke or NGW being as they should both of cost compensation- assume PV offered Clarke a contract

He does look good. Ince obviously trusts him to an extent as well. Tons of potential there

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Aug 2022 08:50

gazzer, loyal royal Not surprised the players were a big leggy. Understand the Blackburn game was the largest collective output in 4 years! Makes sense considering the players questioned Pauno a lot about intensity in training and games

Really? Can believe it certainly

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 22 Aug 2022 09:07

Stranded With Clarke, I'm a tad confused if he take a squad place on not. I think not given his age but he was a "first team" signing brought in after the agreed decision, so that may mean he does.

Either way, looking like we may have a player there - would continue his development with us up until Jan at least getting minutes here and there but would then be tempted to send him to a L1/L2 side for the second half of the season, if we have enough fit CBs naturally, or he really steps up and becomes a first choice.

He was signed as an u21/ Academy player so wouldn’t count to the 25. He’s also not started 3 games at this level.
We also signed Tuma and Craig after the agreement, both have played 1st team games but wouldn’t count as part of the 25.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Aug 2022 09:24

Nameless
Stranded With Clarke, I'm a tad confused if he take a squad place on not. I think not given his age but he was a "first team" signing brought in after the agreed decision, so that may mean he does.

He was signed as an u21/ Academy player so wouldn’t count to the 25. He’s also not started 3 games at this level.
We also signed Tuma and Craig after the agreement, both have played 1st team games but wouldn’t count as part of the 25.

I see that argument but we've also just signed 4 players this week and made it absolutely clear that they are not eligible for the first team - Clarke clearly is, so there needs to be a reason why the club have now had to make this distinction.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 22 Aug 2022 09:41

The first time we have had 2 consecutive clean sheets since last October........

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Aug 2022 09:49

Hound
Zip
Nameless

Tbh I don’t understand how we got Clarke or NGW being as they should both of cost compensation- assume PV offered Clarke a contract

He does look good. Ince obviously trusts him to an extent as well. Tons of potential there

Club are only due compensation if the player is under 24 and they have been offered a new deal that is on at least the same terms as the one that just expired. Not sure on Clarke but with NGW, whilst offered a deal, AFCW were relegated, so imagine the new deal was on L2 money rather that L1, so no compensation due.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Aug 2022 09:51

Stranded
Hound
Zip

Club are only due compensation if the player is under 24 and they have been offered a new deal that is on at least the same terms as the one that just expired. Not sure on Clarke but with NGW, whilst offered a deal, AFCW were relegated, so imagine the new deal was on L2 money rather that L1, so no compensation due.

Yes good point. Forgot about the same money thing

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 22 Aug 2022 12:43

Just querying, when was the last time we won 3 home league games on the bounce? 2017 under Stam?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Aug 2022 12:46

YorkshireRoyal99 Just querying, when was the last time we won 3 home league games on the bounce? 2017 under Stam?

October last year under Paunovic

CavershamRoyal

by CavershamRoyal » 22 Aug 2022 12:49

YorkshireRoyal99 Just querying, when was the last time we won 3 home league games on the bounce? 2017 under Stam?

Peterborough, Middlesbrough and Barnsley last season in September to October.

Just looking at the HNA match reports and there was such a dearth of quality at the bottom end of the league last year - we were 21st on 11th December 2021 and didn't move up or down the table a single place for the remainder of the season, despite losing 7 in a row straight after :shock:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Aug 2022 13:16

CavershamRoyal

Just looking at the HNA match reports and there was such a dearth of quality at the bottom end of the league last year - we were 21st on 11th December 2021 and didn't move up or down the table a single place for the remainder of the season, despite losing 7 in a row straight after :shock:

Yeah bit nuts about that 21st position thing

We actually won 5/6 under Pauno didn’t we at one point? Cardiff and someone else away who I can’t remember. And not playing particularly well in any of them

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Aug 2022 13:49

Hound
CavershamRoyal

We actually won 5/6 under Pauno didn’t we at one point? Cardiff and someone else away who I can’t remember. And not playing particularly well in any of them

Yeah the 4-0 drubbing at Huddersfield was followed by a run of 5 wins and a draw from the next seven games. That was ended by the Blackpool game, where we threw away a 2-0 lead that would have seen us climb into the play off places after 13 games. That Blackpool defeat was the first of a run of 13 defeats in 18 games where we picked up a grand total of 9 points.

A frankly staggering 34% of all points earned last season was in that 7 game run between 11th September and 16th October.

That run is the main reason I'm not getting carried away by being 3rd after 5 games, as nice as it is.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 22 Aug 2022 13:56

Stranded
Hound
CavershamRoyal

Yeah the 4-0 drubbing at Huddersfield was followed by a run of 5 wins and a draw from the next seven games. That was ended by the Blackpool game, where we threw away a 2-0 lead that would have seen us climb into the play off places after 13 games. That Blackpool defeat was the first of a run of 13 defeats in 18 games where we picked up a grand total of 9 points.

A frankly staggering 34% of all points earned last season was in that 7 game run between 11th September and 16th October.

That run is the main reason I'm not getting carried away by being 3rd after 5 games, as nice as it is.

I forgot that they were all within the same span of games, but yeah fair enough so not as big a milestone as I'd thought.

I think when we beat Birmingham at home, at the time, I think about 41% of our points were collected against Birmingham and Preston alone.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Aug 2022 14:49

YorkshireRoyal99
Stranded
Hound

I forgot that they were all within the same span of games, but yeah fair enough so not as big a milestone as I'd thought.

I think when we beat Birmingham at home, at the time, I think about 41% of our points were collected against Birmingham and Preston alone.

About 25% from doing the double over those 2.

Ince picked up 31% of our points in his 12 games.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 22 Aug 2022 14:52

Stranded
YorkshireRoyal99
Stranded

Yeah but at the time when we beat Birmingham we had 29 points and 12 were collected against both Birmingham and Preston which is just over 41%, which was pretty incredible actually.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Aug 2022 14:55

YorkshireRoyal99
Stranded
YorkshireRoyal99

Yeah but at the time when we beat Birmingham we had 29 points and 12 were collected against both Birmingham and Preston which is just over 41%, which was pretty incredible actually.

Ah got you, apologies.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Aug 2022 15:22

Fulham away the missing result from that 5