MATCHWATCH : Millwall (a)

236 posts
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Millwall (a)

by CountryRoyal » 27 Aug 2022 17:08

Sarr, Loum and Fornah all terrific, Hutchinson good.

I know it’s early days but Bowen at DOF looks to be a stroke of genius. I know he didn’t play but NGW has impressed me too!

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 27 Aug 2022 17:09

Blimey …..football ! Unbelievable Jeff

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Aug 2022 17:10

Well that was a MASS-ive win.

“Nobby” has styles all of his own.

Got to be a Sarrtain starter at Bramall Lane.

A Sarr in the making.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Aug 2022 17:10

CountryRoyal Sarr, Loum and Fornah all terrific, Hutchinson good.

I know it’s early days but Bowen at DOF looks to be a stroke of genius. I know he didn’t play but NGW has impressed me too!

Shows how much money we've wasted the last ten years, when you can build a squad capable of competing on a shoestring.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Aug 2022 17:11

What a win. Three successive wins. Three successive clean sheets. No goals conceded in the second half this season. Top of the table.

Blimey.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Aug 2022 17:11

Hound Great result - excellent stuff

Didn’t expect that

Top of the table and 7 clear of the bottom 3

Wish it was May.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 27 Aug 2022 17:12

That's the badger.

Sebastian the Red

by Sebastian the Red » 27 Aug 2022 17:13

How on earth are we top of the league? After the truly excellent new home kit, drawing attention to climate change, and various other initiatives to drag us into the 21st century I am genuinely excited about the club - and pleased to see some very limited (thus far) success.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 27 Aug 2022 17:17

Me too, Seb, me too.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 27 Aug 2022 18:04

Snowflake Royal
Greatwesternline I know it's all the rage but not actually sure why a game should stop for medical attention in the crowd.

Football crowds are a large number of people, you are going to get ailments within a big group of people.

I went to a Thomas the Tank Engine day out at Colchester railway where an old lady had a mild heart attack and collapses on to the floor. There were only about 300 people there but the show still went on.

Because it's distressing and it allows medical staff to take the shortest route to the person who needs attention.

Why have physios become the team that treat spectators as opposed to St John's ambulance paramedics strategically placed in e wry concourse?

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 27 Aug 2022 18:08

CountryRoyal
Greatwesternline I know it's all the rage but not actually sure why a game should stop for medical attention in the crowd.

Football crowds are a large number of people, you are going to get ailments within a big group of people.

I went to a Thomas the Tank Engine day out at Colchester railway where an old lady had a mild heart attack and collapses on to the floor. There were only about 300 people there but the show still went on.

What happens if someone scores and hundreds of people celebrate in the immediate vicinity of the fan needing attention, causing potential further damage and or stopping medical personal getting to him or administering help?

Probably the same thing that has happened for the past 100 years of football. Someone in need of medical attention is assisted our of the crowd and is treated away from the pitch.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 27 Aug 2022 18:10

Norfolk Royal

Tbf the Fat Controller would have sorted it out pretty quickly.

One baby and pram fell on the actually main line track from the platform, and the fat controller stayed in character while people like me jumped on the track and lifted the baby and pram back onto the platform before the next train came through. Such a professional actor!

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 27 Aug 2022 18:12

Re: the commentator, didn't listen today but Kevin Hand did the Blackburn game in March. IIRC he was fine, and it helped that he had seen the Fulham-Blackburn game not long before, but getting him to do Millwall away when he usually works for BBC Radio London doesn't seem the best idea...

Where's Jonny Saunders these days? Thought he usually did games during the school holidays.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Aug 2022 18:16

Greatwesternline
Snowflake Royal

Because it's distressing and it allows medical staff to take the shortest route to the person who needs attention.

Why have physios become the team that treat spectators as opposed to St John's ambulance paramedics strategically placed in e wry concourse?

Because someone's life was at risk and they could get there first. One of the players was one of the first to raise the alarm because it happened right next to them :|

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 27 Aug 2022 18:20

Classic hob nob. top of the league after a fantastic away win, what shall we talk about? 2 pages of shit about a 4 minute delay In the game cos of an ill millwall spectator

:|

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Aug 2022 19:00

Good interview with Ince. Lots of positives to talk about, and he did, but also picking up on things he's not yet happy with and areas to improve after 3 wins in a row.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 27 Aug 2022 19:05

Snowflake Royal Good interview with Ince. Lots of positives to talk about, and he did, but also picking up on things he's not yet happy with and areas to improve after 3 wins in a row.

Part way to the Brian Clough methodology.
Pick up on the good things when they’ve had a bad day and pick up on the bad when they’ve had a good day
Should keep things on an even keel

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 27 Aug 2022 19:17

Another great battling performance and we should have won by at least 2 goals. We look like a team of “MEN” now and we out muscled a side that has swept us aside in recent times. I am under no illusions about how difficult the season ahead is likely to be but we know that this team will leave nothing on the pitch and will fight for the fans and each other. I felt positive before the season started and I feel really happy right now.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 27 Aug 2022 19:36

Snowflake Royal

Shows how much money we've wasted the last ten years, when you can build a squad capable of competing on a shoestring.

This 100%, it was Luton last season, got to the play offs on a shoe string budget and Preston have pretty much been consistent over the years, and even though its been forced onto us by our past mistakes its now hopefully our turn to shine.
I love this "Reading Way" and as Ince says "This Is Us" :D

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Aug 2022 20:09

Crowbar6753
Snowflake Royal

This 100%, it was Luton last season, got to the play offs on a shoe string budget and Preston have pretty much been consistent over the years, and even though its been forced onto us by our past mistakes its now hopefully our turn to shine.
I love this "Reading Way" and as Ince says "This Is Us" :D

Lets’s not get carried away with anything just yet, a hell of a long way to go yet and the next 2 away games are probably the most difficult a team in the Championship could have currently. However do think letting Mark Bowen run the football side of things and letting the manager get on and manage the players he and his team want is definitely the way to go.

Also, perhaps the club should ask the FL if the can remain under an embargo continually :wink:

236 posts