Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Sheffield United (a)

by higher » 30 Aug 2022 10:43

Will settle for a 4th clean sheet on the spin. :D

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 30 Aug 2022 10:51

With Hutchinson's injury record, I wonder if it's worth resting him for this one, could move Mcintyre central and bring in NGW or Hoilett without losing too much defensively.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Aug 2022 10:52

super darren caskey Match pass is avaliable in the uk for £10 tonight. Could be a good match,i will be dropping a £10 on it

Ah cool, that's changed since yesterday. Smart move, will certainly have quite a few buying that I would think.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Aug 2022 10:56

Simon's Church With Hutchinson's injury record, I wonder if it's worth resting him for this one, could move Mcintyre central and bring in NGW or Hoilett without losing too much defensively.

Ince clearly went with a bigger team on Saturday to negate Millwall's physicality which worked, United are more of a footballing side, so we can probably afford to have someone a little more flexible out wide, so think that would be a good switch but I'd be loath to bring Hutchinson out as I think he gives us that little bit of extra nouse at the back that the others may not quite have.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 30 Aug 2022 11:04

We were one of the main news talking points on sky sports news this morning… we don’t want that… ssshhhh… what’s going on!!

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 30 Aug 2022 11:59

Hendo
paultheroyal Can we confirm red button is active for this fixture please?

It is not.

F*cking Watford on again as well. GRRR.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Aug 2022 14:11

Max Lowe vs Yiadom could be interesting. He's a real threat down their left so Yiadom and Holmes have to be on it today.

I'm tempted to say start NGW as he is an actual LB and Baldock is hugely experienced. Maybe bring on Hoilett towards the end to bring more offensive play?

The real player we need to stand out today is Joao. If everyone can just perform as they have been and Joao turns on the flair we might sneak a win here.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 30 Aug 2022 15:03

Hendo
Stranded
Bristol Paul
There are a few games on the red button tonight according to a schedule I found, but this doesn’t appear to be one of them. Clubs live stream seems to offer the game for £10, is that because it’s a midweek game as can’t usually live stream these at the weekend unless you’re out of the Uk I think?

Only way to see the game tonight is to either be there, live out of the UK via Royals TV, or make it look like you are (Hi VPN) and purchase a video pass.

I believe the club have opted out of the red button service to try and boost attendances.

Or is it because the club pulled out of iFollow and went their own way, which Sheffield United appear to have done too?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Aug 2022 15:12

RoyalBlue
Hendo
Stranded
Only way to see the game tonight is to either be there, live out of the UK via Royals TV, or make it look like you are (Hi VPN) and purchase a video pass.

I believe the club have opted out of the red button service to try and boost attendances.

Or is it because the club pulled out of iFollow and went their own way, which Sheffield United appear to have done too?

They were not on iFollow last year either and all eligible games were on the red button.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 30 Aug 2022 15:13

RoyalBlue
Hendo
Stranded

Didn't know they could do that. Thought it was part of the whole Sky EFL deal worth 600 mill.
For 10 quid can the game be streamed on the big Tele or is it App and mobile devices only?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 30 Aug 2022 15:30

Ascotexgunner
RoyalBlue
Hendo

Didn't know they could do that. Thought it was part of the whole Sky EFL deal worth 600 mill.
For 10 quid can the game be streamed on the big Tele or is it App and mobile devices only?

I always just use the website off laptop and HDMI, Apple TV works too.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 30 Aug 2022 15:37

NewCorkSeth Max Lowe vs Yiadom could be interesting. He's a real threat down their left so Yiadom and Holmes have to be on it today.

I'm tempted to say start NGW as he is an actual LB and Baldock is hugely experienced. Maybe bring on Hoilett towards the end to bring more offensive play?

The real player we need to stand out today is Joao. If everyone can just perform as they have been and Joao turns on the flair we might sneak a win here.

I think we have enough to win the midfield. Also I hedge my bets on Ince on the form he is on to out manoeuvre Basham, which would hopefully pin Baldock back a bit.
As you say keep out Lowe and it almost keeps them at bay. You can never write off Mcburnie at this level either.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Aug 2022 15:39

Ascotexgunner
RoyalBlue
Hendo

If your tv has a web browser then you can just go to the website, click on Watch Live and make the video full screen. If not, laptop and HDMI cable.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 30 Aug 2022 16:30

RoyalBlue
Hendo
Stranded

I thought it was because the red button rights only covered 8 midweek matches and because of the World Cup there are 10 scheduled midweek matches this season. Therefore the first 2 of these have not been on the red button but they will be after this round.

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 30 Aug 2022 16:33

CountryRoyal
Ascotexgunner
RoyalBlue

I always just use the website off laptop and HDMI, Apple TV works too.

Last time I managed to cast it to Google Chrome from the app I believe (or may have been from Chrome)

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Aug 2022 16:52

Coppells Lost Coat
NewCorkSeth Max Lowe vs Yiadom could be interesting. He's a real threat down their left so Yiadom and Holmes have to be on it today.

I think we have enough to win the midfield. Also I hedge my bets on Ince on the form he is on to out manoeuvre Basham, which would hopefully pin Baldock back a bit.
As you say keep out Lowe and it almost keeps them at bay. You can never write off Mcburnie at this level either.

Well McBurnie hadn't scored in over a year before last game right? Let's hope he starts that again. I think Bash plays central of the 3 now? The new guy on the right.

Ince could have a fun game if he continues anywhere like the level he's been at so far. But yeah, the Midfielders could potentially just cancel each other out.

It's odd but I'm excited rather than nervous. Guess my expectations are so low this season that the fantastic cushion we have already built ourselves is making me feel less shit.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 30 Aug 2022 16:54

NewCorkSeth
Coppells Lost Coat

Well McBurnie hadn't scored in over a year before last game right? Let's hope he starts that again. I think Bash plays central of the 3 now? The new guy on the right.

Ince could have a fun game if he continues anywhere like the level he's been at so far. But yeah, the Midfielders could potentially just cancel each other out.

It's odd but I'm excited rather than nervous. Guess my expectations are so low this season that the fantastic cushion we have already built ourselves is making me feel less shit.

It was McBurinie’s first goal since December 2020 apparantly. He’ll score again tonight, guaranteed !

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Aug 2022 17:17

Stranded
Simon's Church With Hutchinson's injury record, I wonder if it's worth resting him for this one, could move Mcintyre central and bring in NGW or Hoilett without losing too much defensively.

Ince clearly went with a bigger team on Saturday to negate Millwall's physicality which worked, United are more of a footballing side, so we can probably afford to have someone a little more flexible out wide, so think that would be a good switch but I'd be loath to bring Hutchinson out as I think he gives us that little bit of extra nouse at the back that the others may not quite have.

Me and Seth were chatting about this yesterday. I fell Hutch, he fell TMac, either works.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Aug 2022 18:24

To confirm:

Reading FC

@ReadingFC
Tonight's game is not on the Sky Sports red button

It is available exclusively on RoyalsTV this evening.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 30 Aug 2022 18:46

1 change - Hoilett for Fornah

296 posts