From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Stoke City (h)

by From Despair To Where? » 04 Sep 2022 14:28

bcubed
Snowflake Royal
bcubed
His Dad in his heyday?

I've never watched large amounts of PL football, but I remember Paul as a hardcase more than a frenetic speed machine.

Think he was known as box to box before it had even been coined
Remember him as someone who just never gave up
And Thomas is the same

Paul Ince had a reputation as a hard tackling box to box midfielder bit check out some clips of his time at Inter and you'll see a player with a fcuk of a lot more skill than he was ever given credit for in this country.

He was an absolutely fantastic player.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Sep 2022 14:54

From Despair To Where?
bcubed
Snowflake Royal I've never watched large amounts of PL football, but I remember Paul as a hardcase more than a frenetic speed machine.

Think he was known as box to box before it had even been coined
Remember him as someone who just never gave up
And Thomas is the same

Paul Ince had a reputation as a hard tackling box to box midfielder bit check out some clips of his time at Inter and you'll see a player with a fcuk of a lot more skill than he was ever given credit for in this country.

He was an absolutely fantastic player.

Yeah used to love him as a player back in the day

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 04 Sep 2022 14:57

Lovely stuff !
Logically it should be us verging on suicidal.....

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 04 Sep 2022 14:58

I didn’t get why the Sky commentators were saying we will need to continue playing like this if we are going to stay up. It is bottom feeders like Stoke they should be making those comments about, I thought they looked really ordinary and more likely bottom six material than us. We should be comfortable in mid table.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 04 Sep 2022 14:59

Hound
CountryRoyal
bcubed Love that run and tackle from Ince
Outstanding

His work rate is unbelievable. MOTM today imho.

Been brilliant today. Nice for him to absolute boss his old team

Excellent win again with half the team missing

I am starting to wonder who would now come into the side as this is possibly only one or two short of our best.
Ejaria just wouldn't fit in to the style of play otherwise I'm not sure who else really is "missing".

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 04 Sep 2022 15:01

Millsy Hendrick awful loss of ball earlier.

I don't see what he adds to the team tbh

He was good today, kept things ticking over in midfield, doing the simple things well.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 04 Sep 2022 15:02

Was reading that forum on my way home from the game. Some of the Stoke fans seemed beside themselves that Ince had been brilliant today. Having a right go and saying "he never played like this for us"

Had a quick look at the West Brom forum as well. They seem a bit p*ssed they never signed João. :lol:

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 04 Sep 2022 15:03

Supposedly a Stoke fan's daughter was hit by a flare after we scored, luckily nothing serious happened but no need for that at a football game.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 04 Sep 2022 15:08

I see what he adds. He is in the right place at the right time always and mops up the second ball. The same second ball that last season was our undoing, especially late in matches. Yes he has the odd mistake in him, but I like him and he works hard and puts the effort in and he is one of the reasons we are not conceeding late goals this season.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 04 Sep 2022 15:10

Another brilliant home performance and T Ince was amazing. This squad of players has so much character and leave nothing on the pitch. We’ll have to endure some more heavy defeats against the best teams in the division but we’ll also surprise a few.

Yet again another side who have saved their worst ever performance against us. We out worked Stoke today and we looked much fitter. I thought we should of had 2 more penalties too.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 04 Sep 2022 15:12

Ascotexgunner

I see what he adds. He is in the right place at the right time always and mops up the second ball. The same second ball that last season was our undoing, especially late in matches. Yes he has the odd mistake in him, but I like him and he works hard and puts the effort in and he is one of the reasons we are not conceeding late goals this season.

Playing like he did today he would be a real asset. Every team needs a player like that, who does the bits and pieces and gives other the freedom to play. He was dropping back to cover when the CB raided forward, he was filling in when Ince went roaming. People used to say they didn’t see what Harps did but his team mates knew his value.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 04 Sep 2022 15:13

Paul said it was important to get a win with Watford coming up next week, you have to admire his honesty.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 04 Sep 2022 15:18

tidus_mi2 Supposedly a Stoke fan's daughter was hit by a flare after we scored, luckily nothing serious happened but no need for that at a football game.

We’d have seen a flare surely ?
And there was no obvious steward /police/ first aid stuff going on.
If it happened it’s utterly stupid.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 04 Sep 2022 15:19

First game of the season for me. We are a limited side but fully committed. Ince a different gravy Hendricks needs to stop giving away the ball too cheaply. Club 1871 were very good. We will be fine this season if we continue with that showing expect us to finish around 12th.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 04 Sep 2022 15:25

Brogue First game of the season for me. We are a limited side but fully committed. Ince a different gravy Hendricks needs to stop giving away the ball too cheaply. Club 1871 were very good. We will be fine this season if we continue with that showing expect us to finish around 12th.

Ince was the one giving it away cheaply for the first 20 minutes

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 04 Sep 2022 15:27

Nameless
Brogue First game of the season for me. We are a limited side but fully committed. Ince a different gravy Hendricks needs to stop giving away the ball too cheaply. Club 1871 were very good. We will be fine this season if we continue with that showing expect us to finish around 12th.

I’m not having that … that’s blasphemous :wink:

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 04 Sep 2022 15:29

Franchise FC
Nameless

I’m not having that … that’s blasphemous :wink:

I withdraw the fact unreservedly ….

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 04 Sep 2022 15:31

Nameless

Tbf it`s easy to mix up Tom Ince and Hendrick, and yes Tom did give it away quite a lot early on before he improved later on.
Last edited by windermereROYAL on 04 Sep 2022 15:33, edited 1 time in total.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 04 Sep 2022 15:32

Stoke look like us from last season, clearly lots of individual quality but no cohesion going forward and pretty soft at the back.

Also good to now find out that Fornah is absolutely rapid over 30-40 metres. He could end up being some player

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 04 Sep 2022 15:38

Down to 3rd has it stands, Ince out.

188 posts