MATCHWATCH : Watford (a)

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Watford (a)

by tidus_mi2 » 09 Sep 2022 00:59

I kind of think they've forced themselves to have to postpone the other fixtures now, otherwise they're forcing 4 teams to have a slightly more congested fixture list while allowing the others to continue as normal.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Sep 2022 06:07

Stranded
windermereROYAL
tidus_mi2 I hope they don't postpone the games but they've already postponed the Friday games so they probably will

It will happen, i could anticipate all sporting events will be cancelled this week.

I can imagine this weekend being cleared, midweek fixtures may happen and anything else will depend on the day of the state funeral. I think that may be on the 18th.

Yeah 18th

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 09 Sep 2022 07:30

Franconian Royal
karbota
windermereROYAL
It will happen, i could anticipate all sporting events will be cancelled this week.

And so they should be.

Since when? A Queen who never apologised for the racist vitriol her family happily dished out over the last century. A Queen who never apologised and never thought of apologising to countries in the Caribbean for the slave trade, not to mention the idea of even giving compensation to those countries. You’re a tw@ KKKarbota. Go back to hiding hole.

Disgusting comments, did you never study history at school? The British were the first major power to abolish slavery and many died in doing so. Gandhi once said "If I have to be ruled by anyone let it be the British" It was a 2 way thing all counties benefited from British Rule and thrived, America, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, India, Singapore, ,Hong Kong, some countries mostly African and Afro Caribbean have chosen not, I wonder why?. Do the decent thing and apologise to those counties (including many in the Caribbean) where the Queen was still head of state.

RIP Queenie we will never see the like.

Franconian Royal

by Franconian Royal » 09 Sep 2022 07:42

karbota
Franconian Royal
karbota
And so they should be.

Since when? A Queen who never apologised for the racist vitriol her family happily dished out over the last century. A Queen who never apologised and never thought of apologising to countries in the Caribbean for the slave trade, not to mention the idea of even giving compensation to those countries. You’re a tw@ KKKarbota. Go back to hiding hole.

Disgusting comments, did you never study history at school? The British were the first major power to abolish slavery and many died in doing so. Gandhi once said "If I have to be ruled by anyone let it be the British" It was a 2 way thing all counties benefited from British Rule and thrived, America, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, India, Singapore, ,Hong Kong, some countries mostly African and Afro Caribbean have chosen not, I wonder why?. Do the decent thing and apologise to those counties (including many in the Caribbean) where the Queen was still head of state.

History was one of my main subjects at university. Abolish slavery - yes, but when Prince William travelled to Barbados, he had the chance to apologise and give the Barbadians compensation. Did he? NO!
Did they thrive? Really?! Come on! All the luxuries were plundered, after independence was called, the Brits tore the countries apart: Israel, Palestine, India, Pakistan

Franconian Royal

by Franconian Royal » 09 Sep 2022 07:47

tidus_mi2 I kind of think they've forced themselves to have to postpone the other fixtures now, otherwise they're forcing 4 teams to have a slightly more congested fixture list while allowing the others to continue as normal.

Agree on this, but yet again it's rather double standards. How were Arse and Manure allowed to play yesterday? Either all games across the country are cancelled or all are played, not a hybrid mixture of the biggest teams play, the smaller teams one don't play.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Sep 2022 08:37

So whats the consensus? Good or bad time for the Watford game to be postponed?

Gives us a chance to get Meite, Long, Sarr and Loum back fit so that's a major positive.

On the other hand it seems like Watford haven't figured out how to beat teams that sit back and defend. Their 3 victories have come against the other teams expected to be top 6 in Burnley, Sheffield United and Boro so now might have been a good time to play them.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 09 Sep 2022 09:03

NewCorkSeth So whats the consensus? Good or bad time for the Watford game to be postponed?

Gives us a chance to get Meite, Long, Sarr and Loum back fit so that's a major positive.

On the other hand it seems like Watford haven't figured out how to beat teams that sit back and defend. Their 3 victories have come against the other teams expected to be top 6 in Burnley, Sheffield United and Boro so now might have been a good time to play them.

Maybe in the current circumstance but you never know, particularly with our injury record, how many injuries we will have in any rearranged fixture, not to mention extra congestion in an already tighter schedule.

The decision is obviously out of our hands but, I'd just play the fixture personally and, whatever the result is, it is what it is ultimately.

Put it this way, play them now or March time for example, I wouldn't exactly be filled with much confidence of getting a result away to a superior side in terms of quality.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 09 Sep 2022 09:08

The whole of the football programme will be canned this weekend, so whether it is better for us to be playing Watford tomorrow or not is irrelevant.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 09 Sep 2022 09:08

Franconian Royal
tidus_mi2 I kind of think they've forced themselves to have to postpone the other fixtures now, otherwise they're forcing 4 teams to have a slightly more congested fixture list while allowing the others to continue as normal.

Agree on this, but yet again it's rather double standards. How were Arse and Manure allowed to play yesterday? Either all games across the country are cancelled or all are played, not a hybrid mixture of the biggest teams play, the smaller teams one don't play.

Probably because it was announced during the Arsenal game, and about an hour before Man Utd kicked off

Franconian Royal

by Franconian Royal » 09 Sep 2022 09:09

Simon's Church
Franconian Royal

Probably because it was announced during the Arsenal game, and about an hour before Man Utd kicked off

Feels a little bit like double standards, but doesn't matter.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 09 Sep 2022 09:11

Franconian Royal

Arsenal had kicked off before news of her death broke and were not in the UK.

As for the United and West Ham games - news broke what 90 mins before kick off? - a large number of fans will have already been in the relevant stadiums, or in the vicinity, included a few thousand who will have travelled from Spain/Romania for the game. Cancelling those at such short notice really was not an option.

They will have to postpone all games this weekend now - would imagine we will then see midweek games take place whilst any games on the day of the funeral will be postponed or moved forward/back 24 hours.

Franconian Royal

by Franconian Royal » 09 Sep 2022 09:13

Stranded
Franconian Royal

Arsenal had kicked off before news of her death broke and were not in the UK.

As for the United and West Ham games - news broke what 90 mins before kick off? - a large number of fans will have already been in the relevant stadiums, or in the vicinity, included a few thousand who will have travelled from Spain/Romania for the game. Cancelling those at such short notice really was not an option.

They will have to postpone all games this weekend now - would imagine we will then see midweek games take place whilst any games on the day of the funeral will be postponed or moved forward/back 24 hours.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Sep 2022 09:38

Don’t really think it ‘helps’ or hinders us especially

It may possibly mean we have Meite, Loum and Long available but it’d have been nice to have built on the Stoke game

Watford prob have injuries similarly as well.

Anyway certainly should get a good rest in before the next game. Would be nice to sign a couple more free agents in that time as well

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 09 Sep 2022 09:44

Franconian Royal

It's because the games played last night were in UEFA Competitions, the games this weekend are PL/FA Competitions. It's up to each individual governing body.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 09 Sep 2022 09:46

Franconian Royal
karbota
Franconian Royal Since when? A Queen who never apologised for the racist vitriol her family happily dished out over the last century. A Queen who never apologised and never thought of apologising to countries in the Caribbean for the slave trade, not to mention the idea of even giving compensation to those countries. You’re a tw@ KKKarbota. Go back to hiding hole.

History was one of my main subjects at university. Abolish slavery - yes, but when Prince William travelled to Barbados, he had the chance to apologise and give the Barbadians compensation. Did he? NO!
Did they thrive? Really?! Come on! All the luxuries were plundered, after independence was called, the Brits tore the countries apart: Israel, Palestine, India, Pakistan

Boo hoo

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 09 Sep 2022 10:27

I absolutely refuse to apologise for something over which I had absolutely no control whatsoever

I have some family members that have done bad things. Would I be apologising for them ?
I don’t think so

However, do I think what happened was acceptable … NO

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 09 Sep 2022 10:35

Think Saturday’s matches will go on.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 09 Sep 2022 10:40

I think postponement would benefit us. I don’t want to be a debbi-downer but I think we’d struggle to get anything from Watford, especially without Long, Loum, Sarr etc.

This way, we’d have back to back home games and another great opportunity for 3 points which would give us a great platform to pick up decent points in the next couple of games afterwards, before Norwich.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 09 Sep 2022 10:42

All football cancelled this weekend including grassroots.

Restarts on 12th. No games to be played on day of funeral at any level.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 09 Sep 2022 10:47

Franchise FC I absolutely refuse to apologise for something over which I had absolutely no control whatsoever

I have some family members that have done bad things. Would I be apologising for them ?
I don’t think so

However, do I think what happened was acceptable … NO

You might have done at the time, particularly if you were a cotton mill owner in Manchester.