BTFG - Bristol City

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

BTFG - Bristol City

by paultheroyal » 22 Oct 2022 18:41

To kick this off…

I thought that was a decent performance. More energy, pressing further up, and challenging the highest scorers in the division which was a surprise considering how poor I thought they were.

Some notable standouts but for me MOM was Hendrick. Best game in Reading shirt.

Baba, just needs to be more expressive. Few times in first half he is just facing one defender and in space, take him on!! Guiness Walker offers us more on that front.

Loving Lumley and loving that second goal.

Atmosphere outstanding, one of the best. Well done Club1871. Never heard there fans once.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BTFG - Bristol City

by Hound » 22 Oct 2022 19:04

Yeah nothing to disagree with there

Mbengue was our best player first half. Looked full of potential

Meite and Jeff did well throughout, great sub appearance from Long who was excellent

Defended pretty well if not totally convincing. Do think Ince should have made some subs a bit earlier as we were starting to run out of steam. But great to have a bench with the likes of Ejaria, Fornah, NGW, Long and Carroll - all of whom could have a good case to be first 11

Get some cbs back and we should be good.

Brizzle were crap. Offered nothing, dived a lot. Poor at the back. Surprised they are as high as they are

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 22 Oct 2022 19:09

MOTM and POTS is Ince, his work rate just sets the tempo for everyone.

I thought we really deserved that, despite pressure from Brizzle they really didn't have a chance, and I don't think they actually managed a shot on target.

It was a good result to stop the rot of previous results.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 22 Oct 2022 19:10

The opposition were poor and we were good.. next!

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 22 Oct 2022 19:11

1871 were brilliant today may have only been 13k but the noise was better than most clubs who have double that.
Scrappy first half, but 2nd once the goal we got the goal never looked like losing great to get the goal near the end for the icing on the cake.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 22 Oct 2022 19:11

1871 were brilliant today may have only been 13k but the noise was better than most clubs who have double that.
Scrappy first half, but 2nd once the goal we got the goal never looked like losing great to get the goal near the end for the icing on the cake.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 22 Oct 2022 19:21

Crap first half , great second half and great atmosphere too, bit of a rearguard action second half but the boys did well, special mention to Tom Ince , his workmate and effort is truly phenomenal , great result

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 22 Oct 2022 19:29

Had a bit of a funny conversation with my Dad before the first goal:

*Win a corner*
Dad: Our corners have been pretty poor so far
Me: Yeah but those were on the right, Ince normally has better delivery
*Goal is scored*
Me: Yeah, like that

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 22 Oct 2022 19:42

tidus_mi2 Had a bit of a funny conversation with my Dad before the first goal:

*Win a corner*
Dad: Our corners have been pretty poor so far
Me: Yeah but those were on the right, Ince normally has better delivery
*Goal is scored*
Me: Yeah, like that

Me, literally, to guy beside me!

POT 1st Half, Mbengue. POT 2, Hendrick. Decent performances all round. Surprised that Brizzle weren't better, given their league position. They were top-class at diving though.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Oct 2022 19:47

The first half was a bit of a non event. We were much better in the second half and fully deserved the win.
I really like Mbengue. This lad hasn’t has had to work his way to where he is now. He has a great attitude and did very well. I hope we can extend his contract. A brilliant last ditch tackle stopped a great chance for Brizzle.

I was moaning about Hendrick at half time. He was outstanding in the second half.
More cakes amongst our community in the ED today. There are about 15 of us who have got to know each other on first name terms. I will miss them if I don’t renew next season.
Last edited by Zip on 22 Oct 2022 20:06, edited 2 times in total.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 22 Oct 2022 19:58

Very special mentions :
The ball from Hendrick down the line to Shlong
The brilliant hold off by Shlong when Klose tried to stop him
The very precise, very unselfish ball from Shlong
The excellent finish by Christmas

Saved us a lot of nervousness at the end

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 22 Oct 2022 20:01

Andy Carroll is already a legend at Reading in my book. He went out of his way to shake the hands of the Royals mascots pre-match as he went back to the dressing room, and at halftime was pleased to celebrate with the kicking competition winner. Not many players would do that.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 22 Oct 2022 20:03

Royals and Racers Andy Carroll is already a legend at Reading in my book. He went out of his way to shake the hands of the Royals mascots pre-match as he went back to the dressing room, and at halftime was pleased to celebrate with the kicking competition winner. Not many players would do that.

He was kicking a ball around with the smallest mascots before the game as well
As you say, a legend already

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Oct 2022 20:04

Royals and Racers Andy Carroll is already a legend at Reading in my book. He went out of his way to shake the hands of the Royals mascots pre-match as he went back to the dressing room, and at halftime was pleased to celebrate with the kicking competition winner. Not many players would do that.

Yeah the hug with the lad who won the half time compo was great. The lad milked it all for all he could and why not

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Oct 2022 20:05

Did notice just how much the older guys in the team seem to be really enjoying their football - Jeff, Carroll, Long, Ince….some of the hardest workers and give the most back to the fans etc

Nice to see and seems we chose good characters rather than just players after a last payday etc

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 22 Oct 2022 20:06

Yes, pleasantly surprised by him, good pro.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 22 Oct 2022 20:08

+1 what a guy for that! I feel a better connection with the players and fans. As good as I've seen in years.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 22 Oct 2022 20:08

Loum with a hard on celebrating his goal, that must be a first

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 22 Oct 2022 20:30

Poor attendance today. Our home form has improved so why are the fans staying away?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Oct 2022 20:36

Royal_jimmy Poor attendance today. Our home form has improved so why are the fans staying away?

Because it will take more than an improvement over the short term & no ein in 4 would have a decent number of floaters assuming that the plummet is on.

Plus a lot of people are watching their spending and if you haven't been going, it will be hard to rationalise the spend when day to day life is getting more expensive with each passing week.