Kids going to Reading games in other teams colours.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Kids going to Reading games in other teams colours.

by Millsy » 25 Oct 2022 10:15

Nameless
Millsy
Nameless

People might support another club but what sort of thought process do you go through when planning what to wear on your day out ?
If you are going to watch Reading play why would you opt for a Chelsea top rather than a Gap hoodie or a George at Asda sweat shirt ?
Just another example of how far this country has sunk. It’s disgusting.

TBH I see where you're coming from. I remember when I muttered to my wife when I saw a d*ck wearing fake QPR hoops around Reading. I then realised it's my problem not his, and I just need to man up and accept it's a free country. But yeah you've got to be a bit dumb to wear an opposing kit and I'd never do it. I watched Oxford play a few times as the local club when I lived there, but I never wore a Reading top.

I wear my Reading coat to non league games and people usually assume I’m a scout.

When I'm kicking the ball around with my son in the park with my Reading top on people come up and ask if I'm a new big-wage Reading signing. I tell them I'm not a professional, just a fan. They say "well you should be... and if you carry on like that you'll probably be the best in the country."

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 25 Oct 2022 10:24

Agree with those that have no issue-the good news is that the kid has attended a Reading match.

We have a relative who has an Arsenal fanatic father so the boy has always had everything Arsenal and has been to many of their matches.
He is now 15 and his mates watch Reading and he has become a convert-I suspect that he might not wear any football shirt to games but I feel that it is great that he is now a regular at our home games.

BTW I have always felt that it is naff for adults to wear football shirts especially fat people.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 25 Oct 2022 12:42

South Coast Royal
BTW I have always felt that it is naff for adults to wear football shirts especially fat people.

shots fired at just about every RFC fan

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 25 Oct 2022 13:38

South Coast Royal Agree with those that have no issue-the good news is that the kid has attended a Reading match.

We have a relative who has an Arsenal fanatic father so the boy has always had everything Arsenal and has been to many of their matches.
He is now 15 and his mates watch Reading and he has become a convert-I suspect that he might not wear any football shirt to games but I feel that it is great that he is now a regular at our home games.

Ruuuude.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 02 Nov 2022 22:43

Almost as bad as sitting in Club1871

Should be kicked out the ground or covered up, you never know if the firm or hooligan youths drunk on a tinnie of Foster or Coors Light will start trying to fight