BFTG Coventry

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG Coventry

by Hound » 10 Dec 2022 23:13

Lumley has been average (in a fairly positive way - we need to be average this year) but thought it was his best game today for us.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 10 Dec 2022 23:21

What is “average” ?

Think he brings a bit more than just his on-pitch performance.

Glad that he is exceeding ‘some here’s’ expectations…would be happy seeing him get a permanent contract…..if that’s what he wants

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 10 Dec 2022 23:51

Very surprised not to see more plaudits for Mbengue. What a gem this Iad is. Strong in defence,took his goal well and a terrific run forward in the second half. My MoTM.
Yaks, Lumley and Ince all good too but we were very lucky to win.
I thought their 10 and 17 were excellent.

Club 1871 very poor today. Nice for Mereoak Park and Ride to whack up their prices by 33%.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 11 Dec 2022 07:17

Hound Lumley has been average (in a fairly positive way - we need to be average this year) but thought it was his best game today for us.

He got lucky fron that corner which hit the post. Otherwise solid
I get what you say. He hasn't dropped many clangers but doesn't pull off many great saves..

I would swap average for decent.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Dec 2022 08:08

Yeah average is in ok, not great, not bad. Rank the keepers in the div and he is mid table

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Dec 2022 08:40

AthleticoSpizz Yeah, great…but you (the sage that you are) pre-judged.

We all pre-judge signings and whether they're likely to be good or not.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 11 Dec 2022 09:25

Snowflake Royal
AthleticoSpizz Yeah, great…but you (the sage that you are) pre-judged.

We all pre-judge signings and whether they're likely to be good or not.

That’s just not true - not everyone does

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 11 Dec 2022 09:26

Royal_jimmy We will still get relegated

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 11 Dec 2022 09:27

Zip Very surprised not to see more plaudits for Mbengue. What a gem this Iad is. Strong in defence,took his goal well and a terrific run forward in the second half. My MoTM.

Club 1871 very poor today. Nice for Mereoak Park and Ride to whack up their prices by 33%.

Price increase for Reading Busses across the board unfortunately, rather than just for Mereoak. I’ve gotten into the habit of parking at Mereoak and walking, takes about half an hour and I was nice and toasty by the time I got to the ground/back to the car :D

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 11 Dec 2022 09:29

Thought it looked very much like 2 teams who had a month off for much of the game.

Cov stepped it up in the second half and were probably the better side but couldn’t really carve out a golden opportunity, we did and took ours.

End of the season people won’t remember this performance but remember the 3 points and really at this point in time, that’s all that matters.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 11 Dec 2022 09:42

Hendo
Zip Very surprised not to see more plaudits for Mbengue. What a gem this Iad is. Strong in defence,took his goal well and a terrific run forward in the second half. My MoTM.

Price increase for Reading Busses across the board unfortunately, rather than just for Mereoak. I’ve gotten into the habit of parking at Mereoak and walking, takes about half an hour and I was nice and toasty by the time I got to the ground/back to the car :D

Yeah fair comment
We walked back from the ground to Mereoak the last time they did the kids for a quid due to the length of the queues
Might do what you are doing to save a few bob.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 11 Dec 2022 13:09

Does Lumley not have the worst save percentage in the Championship? Of players to have played more than half the minutes total or whatever..

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 11 Dec 2022 13:19

Twenty four hours after the game all i can recall is how cold it was and price of the beer in the jazz club is shocking

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 11 Dec 2022 13:21

NewCorkSeth Does Lumley not have the worst save percentage in the Championship? Of players to have played more than half the minutes total or whatever..

I do remember seeing something like that, I think we are probably letting his time wasting and shithousery cloud over him not being a very good goalkeeper, just a step up on Southwood who's confidence had been shattered, I'd say largely due to having an utterly incompetent defence in front of him. He now seems to be having a solid season at Cheltenham so he could come back and become #1 or we look for another keeper once we're out of restrictions.

Obviously we'll need to sort the goalkeeper situation in the Summer with Lumley only being on loan but I don't think he or Bouzanis will be the solution.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 11 Dec 2022 13:33

tidus_mi2
NewCorkSeth Does Lumley not have the worst save percentage in the Championship? Of players to have played more than half the minutes total or whatever..

I do remember seeing something like that, I think we are probably letting his time wasting and shithousery cloud over him not being a very good goalkeeper, just a step up on Southwood who's confidence had been shattered, I'd say largely due to having an utterly incompetent defence in front of him. He now seems to be having a solid season at Cheltenham so he could come back and become #1 or we look for another keeper once we're out of restrictions.

Obviously we'll need to sort the goalkeeper situation in the Summer with Lumley only being on loan but I don't think he or Bouzanis will be the solution.

I think the fact that we allow amongst the fewest shots on target per 90 in the league yet our keeper let's in more shots that almost every other keeper in the league speaks for itself.

He seems likeable sure but the numbers simply don't back him up. Has had some good performances to be fair to him.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 11 Dec 2022 13:38

Gunny Fishcake Twenty four hours after the game all i can recall is how cold it was and price of the beer in the jazz club is shocking

I went to buy a tea pre-match from the food outlet in the lower west and they didn`t have any :D - unbelievable !!!!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Dec 2022 13:47

NewCorkSeth
tidus_mi2

I think the fact that we allow amongst the fewest shots on target per 90 in the league yet our keeper let's in more shots that almost every other keeper in the league speaks for itself.

He seems likeable sure but the numbers simply don't back him up. Has had some good performances to be fair to him.

There's half a dozen goals I've thought you;d like ti see your keeper do better on. I thought his save yesterday low to the corner was a little unusual for him.

Not close to Shaka, Hahnemann, Martinez or Al-Habsi imo, but ok. Agree we'd ideally be looking for better next season.

Southwood's main probably was being bullied and ganged up on at set pieces in a team that couldn't defend them to save their lives, then being scapegoated. But I think his time here is definitely over. Would have liked to have seen more of Andersson. Bouzanis definitely not a solution, but seems competent as back up.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 11 Dec 2022 14:54

Yes, very good performance by Mbengue who seems to be developing into a very decent player. Only 20 too (21 in January). Definitely worth offering a longer contract IMO.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 11 Dec 2022 15:17

Only three teams in the League have won more games than us this season and only four teams have lost more than we have. It's a very strange season

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Dec 2022 16:44

Zip Only three teams in the League have won more games than us this season and only four teams have lost more than we have. It's a very strange season

We've been a bit of an all or nothing team for a while now.