BFTG Coventry

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BFTG Coventry

by Sutekh » 12 Dec 2022 17:34

blythspartan I can’t say I enjoyed the game but the result was great. It wasn’t pretty but I couldn’t fault the team’s resilience. I thought Coventry lacked a cutting edge but Callum O’Hare looks a quality player. I think they’ll finish top 6 this season. Give me 7 or 8 more 1-0 wins like that and I’ll be happy.

Surely, NGW has to get more games and Mbengue needs a nice 3 year contract. I am hoping that Azeez can add some much needed pace to the strike force.

Yes, really don’t understand currently why Rahman starts ahead of NGW.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Dec 2022 17:47

Franchise FC
Snowflake Royal
Hendo
Would much rather that than a team who draws a lot of games.

No thanks. Last season we lost more than half our games and it was utterly dreadful. This season we've lost almost half and its been pretty painful at times. Give me a 3 way split over all or nothing.

That's great except that we end up with fewer points that way
21 games - 10 wins, 1 draw - 31 points
21 games - 7 wins, 7 draws - 28 points

I'll take what we've got thanks

Losing sucks balls.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Dec 2022 17:49

Hound Baba was poor on Saturday. Certainly think NGW offers us more, esp if we have the likes of Sarr and Yiadom back for their experience

Rahman's been poor for ages, and he was distinctly average last season. He'll make some good interceptions, the odd good challenge or cross, and then be sub-par for half the game.

I really don't understand why NGW isn't playing. He's been consistently positive, hasn't defended particularly poorly bar the occasional lapse, and he could have an actual future here. He's potentially on the up, whilst Rahman is stagnating at best, realistically declining.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 12 Dec 2022 19:13

Royal_jimmy
TiagoIlori Another few more points which helps us get closer to the magic 50 points mark.

I hope we can keep Mbengue too. Definitely someone we could sell for a few million in the future.

I think 55 points might be needed this season to stay up. 1 point a game will get us 56.

7 more wins and 3 draws. Anything else is a bonus

Can see the logic in it but I just don’t see all the teams continuing to sustain the amount of points they’ve got. Usually a few teams have horrible post Christmas form, just hope one of those isn’t us.

Would still fully expect us to get around that many points though.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 12 Dec 2022 20:36

Wigan in 21st, who will be 22nd if West Brom get a point in either of their games in hand are currently on for a 50pt season if they continue at their current rate.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 12 Dec 2022 22:04

Snowflake Royal
Franchise FC
Snowflake Royal No thanks. Last season we lost more than half our games and it was utterly dreadful. This season we've lost almost half and its been pretty painful at times. Give me a 3 way split over all or nothing.

That's great except that we end up with fewer points that way

Losing sucks balls.

As much as getting relegated ?
As much as not winning as many games ?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Dec 2022 22:53

Franchise FC
Snowflake Royal
Franchise FC That's great except that we end up with fewer points that way

Losing sucks balls.

3 way even split is 61 points. No chance of relegation. We were very nearly relegated last season as an all or nothing side.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 Dec 2022 06:54

Snowflake Royal
Franchise FC
Snowflake Royal Losing sucks balls.

3 way even split is 61 points. No chance of relegation. We were very nearly relegated last season as an all or nothing side.

I wouldn’t say 13 wins and 25 defeats is all or nothing, but each to their own.

QPR last season would be a decent indicator for an all or nothing team.

19 wins
9 draws
18 defeats

66 points and finished 11th.

I’d be quite happy with that this season.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Dec 2022 08:53

Wins are massively better and more enjoyable than draws, hence why they get 3 points rather than 1

Would far rather win 50% and lose 50% than win 33% and lose 33% as I suspect Ian would really if he just wasn’t being an awkward git as per usual

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 Dec 2022 08:56

Hound Wins are massively better and more enjoyable than draws, hence why they get 3 points rather than 1

Would far rather win 50% and lose 50% than win 33% and lose 33% as I suspect Ian would really if he just wasn’t being an awkward git as per usual

Well, quite.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Dec 2022 09:09

Hendo
Snowflake Royal
Franchise FC As much as getting relegated ?

19 wins
9 draws
18 defeats

Your example for an all or nothing team is one who drew more games than us last season? :|

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 13 Dec 2022 09:12

Snowflake Royal
Hendo
Snowflake Royal 3 way even split is 61 points. No chance of relegation. We were very nearly relegated last season as an all or nothing side.

19 wins
9 draws
18 defeats

Your example for an all or nothing team is one who drew more games than us last season? :|

But we weren't an all or nothing team last season. We were far more of a nothing team than what we were "all". Hence why we lost nearly double as many games as what we won (won 13, lost 25, drew 8 ).

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 Dec 2022 09:12

Snowflake Royal
Hendo
Snowflake Royal 3 way even split is 61 points. No chance of relegation. We were very nearly relegated last season as an all or nothing side.

19 wins
9 draws
18 defeats

1 more game? :| 'kin hell Ian you obtuse person.

Your example of an all or nothing team is one who lost almost twice as often as they won? :| I'd call that a whole lot of nothing and not a whole lot of all.

But whatever, if you think your example of an all or nothing team is us last season, nothing I can say is going to change your mind.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 13 Dec 2022 09:42

Yeah the true definition of an all or nothing team would be a team that wins 23 and loses 23 - 69pts and pretty close to the play-offs - Blackburn are the absolute epitomy of that this year P22 W12 L10. Being all or nothing this year is helping with our only target which is staying up.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Dec 2022 12:00

Stranded Yeah the true definition of an all or nothing team would be a team that wins 23 and loses 23 - 69pts and pretty close to the play-offs - Blackburn are the absolute epitomy of that this year P22 W12 L10. Being all or nothing this year is helping with our only target which is staying up.

All or nothing just means you win or lose. There's nothing in that phrase that suggets it should be equally balanced.

Why everyone is getting their knickers in a twist and trying to 'win' regarding it I've no idea though.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 13 Dec 2022 12:04

Snowflake Royal
Stranded Yeah the true definition of an all or nothing team would be a team that wins 23 and loses 23 - 69pts and pretty close to the play-offs - Blackburn are the absolute epitomy of that this year P22 W12 L10. Being all or nothing this year is helping with our only target which is staying up.

All or nothing just means you win or lose. There's nothing in that phrase that suggets it should be equally balanced.

Why everyone is getting their knickers in a twist and trying to 'win' regarding it I've no idea though.

Anyone got that goalpost moving gif ?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Dec 2022 12:08

Franchise FC
Snowflake Royal

I meant exactly what I said when I said it, and that hasn't changed no matter how much you all want to wet yourself about trying to point score.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 13 Dec 2022 12:19

Snowflake Royal
Franchise FC
Snowflake Royal All or nothing just means you win or lose. There's nothing in that phrase that suggets it should be equally balanced.

I meant exactly what I said when I said it, and that hasn't changed no matter how much you all want to wet yourself about trying to point score.

In which case it would still be wrong as we drew some games. So no matter which way you look at it...

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Dec 2022 12:48

So Ian is your point that you’d rather we’d have drawn some of the games that we lost last year? Otherwise struggling with it

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 13 Dec 2022 12:50

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
tidus_mi2 I do remember seeing something like that, I think we are probably letting his time wasting and shithousery cloud over him not being a very good goalkeeper, just a step up on Southwood who's confidence had been shattered, I'd say largely due to having an utterly incompetent defence in front of him. He now seems to be having a solid season at Cheltenham so he could come back and become #1 or we look for another keeper once we're out of restrictions.

Obviously we'll need to sort the goalkeeper situation in the Summer with Lumley only being on loan but I don't think he or Bouzanis will be the solution.

I think the fact that we allow amongst the fewest shots on target per 90 in the league yet our keeper let's in more shots that almost every other keeper in the league speaks for itself.

He seems likeable sure but the numbers simply don't back him up. Has had some good performances to be fair to him.

There's half a dozen goals I've thought you;d like ti see your keeper do better on. I thought his save yesterday low to the corner was a little unusual for him.

Not close to Shaka, Hahnemann, Martinez or Al-Habsi imo, but ok. Agree we'd ideally be looking for better next season.

Southwood's main probably was being bullied and ganged up on at set pieces in a team that couldn't defend them to save their lives, then being scapegoated. But I think his time here is definitely over. Would have liked to have seen more of Andersson. Bouzanis definitely not a solution, but seems competent as back up.

I just want either Andresson or CBC to step up to the plate. I agree 100% on Southwood. He'll have no shortage of suitors on a free next summer but I hope he goes to League 1 and gets guaranteed games.