MATCHWATCH : Birmingham City (a)

238 posts
From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Birmingham City (a)

by From Despair To Where? » 16 Dec 2022 21:07

Hound
From Despair To Where?
PremAddict Just curious - what's with the lower seats not in use? At first glance it looks like we went back in time to 2020.

The stand was built on the cheap in the 90s using shite steel which has corroded so it didn't get a safety certificate. They've been repairing the damage over the past year.

This is what it looked like

That's less than 5 years older than our stadium.

Nice. Thought they weren’t fixing it hence a lot of the fan discontent. Not that I’ve shown a lot of interest tbh

They started work last month. They've been doing surveys over the last year to determine the scale of work. It will be finished after the season is finished. Apparently there was a lot of asbestos under the stand. I wonder I it was dumped there when the old stand was demolished. Out of sight, out of mind.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 16 Dec 2022 21:11, edited 1 time in total.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Dec 2022 21:07

Zip We are a limited side which is perfectly understandable. We really should not be anywhere near the play offs.

We just need to scramble enough points to avoid being dragged into the bottom three.

We are but really have to expect better than those errors. Mbengue is obvs young and inexperienced but 3 errors of that magnitude- we’re a lot better than that

It’s just 3 massive individual errors.

2 awful Brum passes ended in goals for them which is incredibly disappointing

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Dec 2022 21:07

Hound Well we really couldn’t have made it any easier for them. Brum not shown a lot but then why would they? We’ve just gifted them 3 of the easiest goals you’ll ever see at this level

We’ve done some ok stuff going forward, Meite has been excellent, but we have zero chance if you’re just going to hand a 3 goal lead to the opposition on a plate

The frustrating thing is the goals have mostly come from just mundane bad unnecessary decisions earlier in the build up.

Meite and Long look a decent pairing. Both somewhat clumsy battering rams, lacking a little guile and finishing, but they'll create plenty of chaos someone might capitalise on.

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 16 Dec 2022 21:07

Zip We are a limited side which is perfectly understandable. We really should not be anywhere near the play offs.

We just need to scramble enough points to avoid being dragged into the bottom three.

was just reminding myself of the same; how many feared we'd be in the bottom 3 at this time. Keep the home performances strong and I'm happy.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Dec 2022 21:10

Holmes has quietly made himself indispensable hasn't he. Only defender with no doubt whether he should be starting if fit.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 16 Dec 2022 21:11

CLEAR. YOUR. F[U]CKING. LINES. YOU. BRAINLESS. C[U]NTS.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Dec 2022 21:11

PremAddict

was just reminding myself of the same; how many feared we'd be in the bottom 3 at this time. Keep the home performances strong and I'm happy.

I want the teams at the bottom to lose as opposed to the teams at the top losing. It's still all about avoiding relegation for me.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 16 Dec 2022 21:12

Snowflake Royal Holmes has quietly made himself indispensable hasn't he. Only defender with no doubt whether he should be starting if fit.

Yep. Sarr obviously isn't fit, not sure TMac is at 100% either and Mbengue's error was obviously awful. Not just that, but collectively it's been awful. Deeney just missed that open goal, you feel like the danger is over but then why does Yiadom play a square pass 12 yards from goal across the box to Rahman when we are under pressure? Baffling.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 16 Dec 2022 21:13

PFUCK OFF INCE YOU CLUELESS PCUNT

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Dec 2022 21:13

Brum are doing an excellent job of pressing high and crowding out any options from defence into central midfield most of the time.

clauski

by clauski » 16 Dec 2022 21:14

Snowflake Royal

Meite and Long look a decent pairing. Both somewhat clumsy battering rams, lacking a little guile and finishing, but they'll create plenty of chaos someone might capitalise on.

I'd say an industrious pairing. Lots of running and work, but neither are great finishers with pretty average goals per game. Can't help but think I'd rather have Joao/Carroll on - albeit their stats aren't always great either, I think they look a more dangerous pairing.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 16 Dec 2022 21:15

Need to take Long off and put Carroll on.We have put a lot of balls into the box tonight and Long really doesn't look at it.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Dec 2022 21:16

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal Holmes has quietly made himself indispensable hasn't he. Only defender with no doubt whether he should be starting if fit.

Yep. Sarr obviously isn't fit, not sure TMac is at 100% either and Mbengue's error was obviously awful. Not just that, but collectively it's been awful. Deeney just missed that open goal, you feel like the danger is over but then why does Yiadom play a square pass 12 yards from goal across the box to Rahman when we are under pressure? Baffling.

This may come as a shock to people. But I'm not fussed by Mbengue's error. No impact on the result, game already gone. He's young, an air kick can happen to the best of them. *shrug*.

Sarr going to ground in the box in front of Deeney on the other hand... :roll:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Dec 2022 21:18

Longs been a lot better this half

Brum don’t have a bad side really. When they say favourites for relegation think that was pretty lazy. They’ve a handy midfield and defence

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Dec 2022 21:18

clauski
Snowflake Royal

I'd say an industrious pairing. Lots of running and work, but neither are great finishers with pretty average goals per game. Can't help but think I'd rather have Joao/Carroll on - albeit their stats aren't always great either, I think they look a more dangerous pairing.

Don't like Joao-Carroll, encourages us to just lump it and they're both focal points.

Think the best might be Long-Joao, but with Joao off form less so.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 16 Dec 2022 21:19

Take the ball with you Hendrick, you dumbarse.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Dec 2022 21:20

Hound Longs been a lot better this half

Brum don’t have a bad side really. When they say favourites for relegation think that was pretty lazy. They’ve a handy midfield and defence

Chong looks excellent and Deeney is always a potential threat.

They play with a real pacey energy like they're really enjoying themselves.

We just look a bit confused and awkward.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Dec 2022 21:21

Orion1871 Take the ball with you Hendrick, you dumbarse.

He really isn't very good I'm afraid.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Dec 2022 21:21

Been a lot of slipping over this half. Pitch icing up I reckon

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Dec 2022 21:22

Snowflake Royal
Hound Longs been a lot better this half

Chong looks excellent and Deeney is always a potential threat.

They play with a real pacey energy like they're really enjoying themselves.

We just look a bit confused and awkward.

To pick up Chong on a perm and Hannibal and Bielek on loan was impressive business

238 posts