MATCHWATCH : Sunderland (a)

136 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Sunderland (a)

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Feb 2023 17:07

I forget, did Hendrick come out for the second half or did the team leave him behind dozing in the dressing room?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 11 Feb 2023 17:09

Shame Dann recovered from injury! At least it’d stop what is becoming a predictable and negative substitution.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 11 Feb 2023 17:09

I'm getting fed up with Ince continually playing Baba Rahman.

Takes the shine off what was a good first half display. I am fuming. We took a good following and most have a long journey back down to a howler of a mistake.

Oh and some of our fans are an embarrassment to the club. Especially the bald headed fogey. Chant some really inappropriate stuff too often.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 11 Feb 2023 17:11

Why doesn't someone just go up to Ince and say "Why the oxf*rd are you playing Baba Rahman?" and have him explain it.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 11 Feb 2023 17:14

Lumley looked so pissed off at the end. I don't blame him.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 11 Feb 2023 17:26

Sutekh
Zip Rotherham is important. Win that and we are looking safe. Lose and we could be dragged into a scrap.
It feels like a long time since we won a League game.

December 27 2022. 6 league games and, by Tuesday, what will be 48 days ago.

I'm relieved we have 38 points in the bag. We really are a poor side.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 11 Feb 2023 17:38

Paul Ince saying it wasn't an individual mistake that cost us, it was a team mistake. I mean what f*cking planet is he on. Rahman (cost 23mill on 80k a week) is utter dogshite. He made Anthony look like Ronaldo at old Trafford. What does Guinness Walker.....who is one of the few players who can beat people, have to do and to get a game. Are Chelsea puling the strings....because if they are we should have shipped him back.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 11 Feb 2023 17:39

Ascotexgunner Paul Ince saying it wasn't an individual mistake that cost us, it was a team mistake. I mean what f*cking planet is he on. Rahman (cost 23mill on 80k a week) is utter dogshite. He made Anthony look like Ronaldo at old Trafford. What does Guinness Walker.....who is one of the few players who can beat people, have to do and to get a game. Are Chelsea puling the strings....because if they are we should have shipped him back.

He's on cloud cuckoo land

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 11 Feb 2023 17:50

I have just seen the goal what was he doing? 0-0 away from home 5 minutes left and he thinks he is Messi in his own 6 yard box. All the hard work ruined by one clown. No wonder are away from is so poor.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 11 Feb 2023 17:56

Jackson Corner I have just seen the goal what was he doing? 0-0 away from home 5 minutes left and he thinks he is Messi in his own 6 yard box. All the hard work ruined by one clown. No wonder are away from is so poor.

He is apparently devastated by his poor decision. All very well and while I understand cock ups happen to players why on earth does Ince keep giving him the opportunity when NGW is so much better going forward and needs game time and experience so at least that’s 1 positive more than Rahman has.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 11 Feb 2023 18:51

So if he has a clause in his loan saying he has to start every game, can't we just sub him off after 2 minutes?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Feb 2023 18:54

Terrible subs and abysmal from Baba at the end

Looked pretty comfortable before that

Next 3 games pretty big now, though results at the bottom went our way pretty much again

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 11 Feb 2023 18:57

It really is puzzling, from what I’ve seen (and heard during commentary) lots of what goes wrong often has his name attached to it.

Can never see him playing a minute for Chelsea….what’s in it for them?
Right now, there seems to be very little in it for us….we have alternatives, unlike a few months ago.

Deflecting the Baba thing for a minute, todays dishevelment substitutions served no winning purpose either :arrow: ‘bemused’ thread

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Feb 2023 19:31

From Despair To Where? So if he has a clause in his loan saying he has to start every game, can't we just sub him off after 2 minutes?

If he's got a clause saying he must play, its a bit odd he was the loanee dropped when we had 6 to pick from. And that he's been a sub at least 5 times.

But I like your thinking.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 11 Feb 2023 19:41

Our form is alarming to say the least, our negative brand of football is sucking the soul out of my body and its looking like we are slowly starting that spiral towards the bottom group of teams.

What is really alarming is that i truly believe we have the players to get us out of this current run. It really is looking like its now becoming a management issue and his stubbornness to change things up that we as supporters can clearly see are going wrong.

The persistence with this horrible style of football, playing players out of their natural positions and sticking with players that are totally out of form is clearly becoming an issue and i would honestly give Ince the next three games to put right otherwise Bowen & Co must react by getting rid.
Personally, if it does come down to this i would let Bowen oversee until the end of season and then regroup.

Hopefully it will not come to this and we can get sufficient points over these next three games to push us to safety, however, whatever happens its clearly looking like Ince isn't the Manager to trust with moving us forward next season.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 11 Feb 2023 19:45

Snowflake Royal
From Despair To Where? So if he has a clause in his loan saying he has to start every game, can't we just sub him off after 2 minutes?

If he's got a clause saying he must play, its a bit odd he was the loanee dropped when we had 6 to pick from. And that he's been a sub at least 5 times.

According to Ince , he had tonsillitis and I'm not sure any sub appearances weren't explained as him being not "100% fit" or "tired"

I doubt it is true as it would be a particularly stupid clause to put into any loan deal but I do wonder if as has been reported that Newcastle and Chelsea are picking up all of the tab for Hendrick & Rahman that this might be a stipulation.

Ince talks about tiredness a lot and yet I can't recall 31 year old Jeff Hendrick missing a game in midfield.
Last edited by Vision on 11 Feb 2023 19:50, edited 1 time in total.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 11 Feb 2023 19:46

Crowbar6753 Our form is alarming to say the least, our negative brand of football is sucking the soul out of my body and its looking like we are slowly starting that spiral towards the bottom group of teams.

What is really alarming is that i truly believe we have the players to get us out of this current run. It really is looking like its now becoming a management issue and his stubbornness to change things up that we as supporters can clearly see are going wrong.

The persistence with this horrible style of football, playing players out of their natural positions and sticking with players that are totally out of form is clearly becoming an issue and i would honestly give Ince the next three games to put right otherwise Bowen & Co must react by getting rid.
Personally, if it does come down to this i would let Bowen oversee until the end of season and then regroup.

Hopefully it will not come to this and we can get sufficient points over these next three games to push us to safety, however, whatever happens its clearly looking like Ince isn't the Manager to trust with moving us forward next season.

Exactly this. And I never thought I'd end up being happy to see Mark Bowen back as manager!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Feb 2023 19:50

Vision
Snowflake Royal

According to Ince , he had tonsillitis.

He's also our best LWB according to Ince, so pinch of salt and all that. :wink:

Doesn't explain the subs.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 11 Feb 2023 19:50

Snowflake Royal
Vision
Snowflake Royal If he's got a clause saying he must play, its a bit odd he was the loanee dropped when we had 6 to pick from. And that he's been a sub at least 5 times.

According to Ince , he had tonsillitis.

He's also our best LWB according to Ince, so pinch of salt and all that. :wink:

Doesn't explain the subs.

Edited further up.

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 11 Feb 2023 20:26

Went for a 0-0, nearly got it. Two problems. With Sarr and Rahman (and Holmes and Loum, if playing) we’re always close to the mistake that costs the game. Plus pretty much nothing going forwards. We had one five minute spell in the second half at 0-0 when we looked on the front foot but that was it. Didn’t make their keeper work once. Azeez on very late, scarcely got a kick.

Need to set up to WIN the next three games.

136 posts