MATCHWATCH : Cardiff City (a)

330 posts
blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Cardiff City (a)

by blythspartan » 17 Feb 2023 22:02

That was diabolical. I want a refund of my Sky subscription. I feel sorry for the fans who travelled to the game. Seriously, if we play like that too often I don’t see us winning anymore games.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 17 Feb 2023 22:03

I think what you guys seem to be forgetting is we are shit. But we have to accept that. It’s not like we are getting smashed every week. We will win against Blackpool and everything will be rosey again. You lot are weird.

Bristol Paul

by Bristol Paul » 17 Feb 2023 22:03

Zip How many times will Ince say “listen” in the interview.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 17 Feb 2023 22:04

Elm Park Kid Some of you guys really are a bunch of toddlers. This game went exactly as expected - we're not a good side and we did what we could to get the point.

The problem with that is that Cardiff aren't a good side either. I don't get why we were so negative.

It's not as if we were defending well either. There's a big difference between keeping it tight and frustrating a team, and just riding your luck, and we were doing the latter.

Yes, beat Blackpool next week, and it would take a Bullivant style collapse to go down, but this was a game we ought to have been looking at as a potential three points, not one to hope for a 0-0 from.

retro royal

by retro royal » 17 Feb 2023 22:05

Paul Ince needs to go, wtf did he make two subs on two occasions two minutes apart used a window when he didn't need to, totally inept. Wrong formation for the players we had available, I've had enough of this shit. Blood a new manager, ready for next season, this dinosaur will get us nowhere except relation battles.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Feb 2023 22:05

Brogue I think what you guys seem to be forgetting is we are shit. But we have to accept that. It’s not like we are getting smashed every week. We will win against Blackpool and everything will be rosey again. You lot are weird.

Not weird expecting a Championship side to not look like a non League team. We couldn’t string a few passes together throughout the entire game.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 Feb 2023 22:06

Elm Park Kid we did what we could to get the point.

That's the problem.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 17 Feb 2023 22:06

NathStPaul
Pepe the Horseman Well that was shit. Someone mentioned an Ince quote after the Rotherham game along the lines of "if we can stay in the game (v Cardiff) we've got a chance." So negative before a ball was even kicked, and reflected in that performance.

Absolutely this ex-neighbour. At no point did we try and win that game this evening. If we are playing Burnley away then fair enough but that is a really poor Cardiff team. Unforgiveable approach from Ince.

Agree, Cardiff look shite......problem is we looked shiter.....fortunately we have the points in the bank.
If Wigan win their game in hand could be only 8 points clear and we don't even look like we can win away. 5 wins in 22 now. Any other club and the managers gone. The confidence must be draining out of this team.
Last edited by Ascotexgunner on 17 Feb 2023 22:07, edited 1 time in total.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 17 Feb 2023 22:07

Sutekh Will Ince just whine on about how Sky have picked on Reading or will he actually admit Reading were total ****** cr@p and it was his and the player’s fault?

Hope Hendrick, Joao and Long are back for Blackpool next week.

PS next away game is a trip to Middlesbrough :lol:

Middlesbrough could put 6 past us comfortably with the way they play and the way we do. We are so narrow.

The irony is, Ince moaned earlier in the season about inviting crosses and a culture of not being able to defend crosses properly, yet we allow wide players to walk into our box.

Cardiff put 17 crosses into our box alone in the first half...

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Feb 2023 22:09

Carroll and Mbengue were ok. Azeez for a bit. Nobody else

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 17 Feb 2023 22:10

Zip
Brogue I think what you guys seem to be forgetting is we are shit. But we have to accept that. It’s not like we are getting smashed every week. We will win against Blackpool and everything will be rosey again. You lot are weird.

Not weird expecting a Championship side to not look like a non League team. We couldn’t string a few passes together throughout the entire game.

Yes we're shit but we can play a bit better than this if we try to take the game to the opposition. Just a little bit more

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 Feb 2023 22:11

Hound Carroll and Mbengue were ok. Azeez for a bit. Nobody else

This, except a close call with Mbengue twice almost gifting them goals with dodgy passes.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 17 Feb 2023 22:11

We are really lucky our home records been impressive this season. As we would be right down the bottom of the league. 9 wins at home is keeping us midtable.
Last edited by Royal_jimmy on 17 Feb 2023 22:13, edited 1 time in total.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 Feb 2023 22:12

What the flying **** is wrong with BBCRB thesedays?

Absolute monkeys, seriously. How hard is it not to have the jingle interrupting people every two minutes for no reason while they're talking.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 17 Feb 2023 22:12

Cardiff were terrible!! I do not have a word to describe our performance!! The fact that a professional footballer cannot pass a simple ball to another teammate is beyond poor!!

Ince was handed a lifeline against Rotherham and forced to change to 4-3-3 and it worked a treat and won us the game. three days later, instead of learning from that piece of fortune....he reverts back to the most negative dire performance i have seen in years against a team in worse form than us!!!!!!!!!

Ince out at the end of the season 100% please and thank you.

retro royal

by retro royal » 17 Feb 2023 22:12

Whilst Guinness walker didn't have the best game, he would have stopped that cross coming in, all about Ince making stupid points to the fans, idiot needs to go

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 17 Feb 2023 22:14

12 away defeats and we haven`t scored in the last 4

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 17 Feb 2023 22:15

Hound Carroll and Mbengue were ok. Azeez for a bit. Nobody else

Pretty much. Baba is crap but so is NGW, get shut of both in the summer neither are any cop for us, we need to sort that position out. I said keep Hoilett as a squad option for continuity next season but honestly not sure, he's offered us very little since about November really.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Feb 2023 22:15

NathStPaul
Pepe the Horseman Well that was shit. Someone mentioned an Ince quote after the Rotherham game along the lines of "if we can stay in the game (v Cardiff) we've got a chance." So negative before a ball was even kicked, and reflected in that performance.

Absolutely this ex-neighbour. At no point did we try and win that game this evening. If we are playing Burnley away then fair enough but that is a really poor Cardiff team. Unforgiveable approach from Ince.

Yup.

How's the neighbourhood? Any goss?

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 17 Feb 2023 22:16

Really can’t believe what I’m reading. Jfc. We were dead certs to go down at the beginning of the season. We will survive with ease.

Look I feel a manager of a football club should go when the players don’t look like they want to play for him anymore. We are nowhere near that stage at the moment. It would be fcuking madness to get rid of ince now :| :roll:

330 posts