MATCHWATCH : Cardiff City (a)

330 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Cardiff City (a)

by Sutekh » 17 Feb 2023 22:17

Ince will have a lot to prove next season. If he’s still setting up so negatively and Reading still can’t pose any sort of threat to cr@p sides like Stoke and Cardiff then he should go immediately.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 Feb 2023 22:18

Brogue Really can’t believe what I’m reading. Jfc. We were dead certs to go down at the beginning of the season. We will survive with ease.

Look I feel a manager of a football club should go when the players don’t look like they want to play for him anymore. We are nowhere near that stage at the moment. It would be fcuking madness to get rid of ince now :| :roll:

Totally with you. I'm fully Ince in. But I'm not going to defend this performance. This was shite and Ince has to take some of the blame.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Feb 2023 22:22

Millsy
Brogue Really can’t believe what I’m reading. Jfc. We were dead certs to go down at the beginning of the season. We will survive with ease.

Look I feel a manager of a football club should go when the players don’t look like they want to play for him anymore. We are nowhere near that stage at the moment. It would be fcuking madness to get rid of ince now :| :roll:

Totally with you. I'm fully Ince in. But I'm not going to defend this performance. This was shite and Ince has to take some of the blame.

Yeah that pretty much. We are a poor side and ince has done very well to get us where we are

But you can call a spade a spade. That was a diabolical performance. Tactics and player performances throughout. Dreadful. And again starting to look forward to seeing the back of quite a few of these players

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 17 Feb 2023 22:22

I can concur that the away end also believed it to be a red card.

I was particularly vociferous in my appeal to the officials but sadly they were not to be reasoned with.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 17 Feb 2023 22:23

Not saying sack Ince now but we should look elsewhere when the season finishes. We can do better

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 17 Feb 2023 22:24

Yeah daft to say he should go but we do need to change something. No coincidence we changed the way we played against Rotherham, we turned it around and we won. It wasn't luck, it was a purposeful, tactical change to win the game.

It's not *necessarily* a bad thing to come away from home, sit in and look to make it difficult when we are where we are, but it's the fact we don't carry any threat, we don't take the sting out of the game and we don't have any sort of spells in the game.

Uncomfortable and sloppy in possession, poor decision making with the ball. I could watch the game again and pick out plenty of moments where we've just given them the ball back. We don't get out to wingers quickly enough, it's too passive and too slow and it's reflected in the performance and the results.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Feb 2023 22:28

No Ince should not be sacked. Worth remembering that after 31 games last season we only had 21 points net of the 6 point deduction. So Ince has done well but there have been some truly atrocious performances and tonight was right down there.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 17 Feb 2023 22:28

retro royal Whilst Guinness walker didn't have the best game, he would have stopped that cross coming in, all about Ince making stupid points to the fans, idiot needs to go

I thought that as well. Didn't think GW was that bad. Way better than Rahman.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 17 Feb 2023 22:28

I don’t want Ince to go but surely we had to show more ambition at Cardiff. It’s this type of performance which brings back the dread of relegation for me. Not to have one shot on target is unforgivable.

retro royal

by retro royal » 17 Feb 2023 22:28

Oh can we never have an away pink kit again, I'm sure we were shit away from home last time we used that colour

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Feb 2023 22:29

Ince blaming referee for not sending Cardiff player off. Says both sides were poor though. Says Reading not good enough. Don’t have the technical players needed to play the way he wants to play due to restrictions.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Feb 2023 22:30

That was dreadful.

Ince appears to be coaching the ability to play football out of the players.

I don't mind losing. But it we could actually try to play the game rather than running around like toddlers who've never touched a ball before, that would be great. We rarely look like we want to do anything but kick the ball around a bit and then defend badly.

Offered absolutely nothing. Elementary mistake after terrible decision. NGW went into the season as an enthusiastic, limited defender who would play positive attacking football. A few months of watching a shit Rahman be picked ahead of him seems to have crushed his soul.

Nice to see a few more people recognise how past it Dann is... took you a while.

We give away lots of chances, and make few. Oh it will be better against the shit teams. Not bloody much.

We look terrible. Could we possibly pick more than one player, or in some cases even just one, who can play a pass.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 17 Feb 2023 22:30

Sutekh Ince will have a lot to prove next season. If he’s still setting up so negatively and Reading still can’t pose any sort of threat to cr@p sides like Stoke and Cardiff then he should go immediately.

Next Season? Do we trust him with money? This is currently the longest job he has ever had.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 Feb 2023 22:31

Can't really knock that Ince interview tbh.

Says it as it is. Some perspective please.

bloody Volvo driver

by bloody Volvo driver » 17 Feb 2023 22:33

blythspartan I don’t want Ince to go but surely we had to show more ambition at Cardiff. It’s this type of performance which brings back the dread of relegation for me. Not to have one shot on target is unforgivable.

This in spades. The lack of ambition shown by Ince at a club with the worst home record is unforgivable, utter dross from management and players alike tonight.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Feb 2023 22:33

Ascotexgunner
Sutekh Ince will have a lot to prove next season. If he’s still setting up so negatively and Reading still can’t pose any sort of threat to cr@p sides like Stoke and Cardiff then he should go immediately.

Next Season? Do we trust him with money? This is currently the longest job he has ever had.

Yes, I trust him, esp. with Bowen and Carey doing much of the leg work to identify players.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Feb 2023 22:36

Millsy Can't really knock that Ince interview tbh.

Says it as it is. Some perspective please.

He can say what he wants. He needs to make some decent team choices.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 17 Feb 2023 22:43

Carroll won so many flick ons it was ridiculous, but as Gooding said, it’s all pointless if there is nobody around him. He directs them pretty well most of the time but when there’s only one RFC shirt within 30 yards of him, and 4 or 5 defenders, the chances are very high it’s going to come to nothing. To make the most of his immense aerial ability he’s got to have runners around him.

Rocket science it ain’t.

Surely Sky will not put us on again, but if they do (or red button is available) I shan’t be watching. I’m done with this season.

It does seem like the home form will somehow keep us up but I’ve never seen a Reading team that is worse on the eye, and I include all relegation teams since 1982, Stam Mk2, TTT, Branfoot at his worst.... abysmal is too gentle a word.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 17 Feb 2023 22:44

Pepe the Horseman
NathStPaul
Pepe the Horseman Well that was shit. Someone mentioned an Ince quote after the Rotherham game along the lines of "if we can stay in the game (v Cardiff) we've got a chance." So negative before a ball was even kicked, and reflected in that performance.

Absolutely this ex-neighbour. At no point did we try and win that game this evening. If we are playing Burnley away then fair enough but that is a really poor Cardiff team. Unforgiveable approach from Ince.

Yup.

How's the neighbourhood? Any goss?

Someone in the big houses on Manor Lane is trying to con the residents of C*****s G*****s out of their money by insisting they pay £10 to go to their King Charles Coronation Party.

Woman in the flats is shagging my married neighbour.

How is the Yankee dollar treating you?

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 17 Feb 2023 22:49

The disappointment for me is not the result which was expected but seeing a team very close to the relegation zone outplay us and this could have been a really hefty defeat, not an unlucky 1-0 because they scored late on.

I appreciate that with the players we have got they are limited in what they can do but in Sawyers and Wintle Cardiff had 2 midfielders probing throughout the game with thoughtful passing whereas, for all our players in midfield, I don't remember any constructive move in 90 minutes that involved more than 2 passes.
Fornah does very little, nor does Loum and Tommy Mac surely doesn't have a future anywhere other than at centre-back.

This season is starting to drag and the sooner it's over the better but unfortunately there are still nearly 3 months to go..

330 posts