Do you want Ince as our manager next season.

165 posts

Do you want ince to continue as manager next season?

Yes
24%
No
76%

Total votes: 93
Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Do you want Ince as our manager next season.

by Royal_jimmy » 04 Mar 2023 21:55

I have also seen enough painful away defeats this season. It's ok to be tonked 1-2 times a season but we've lost 4-0 3 times this season and 5-0 today. I bet that won't be our last hammering either.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 04 Mar 2023 22:04

Who really cares, when we win at home?
We have enough to keep us up.

Step away from the thread Jimmy, step away from the thread

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 04 Mar 2023 22:39

No for me, i really would prefer a more attacking style of play. I really don't mind losing if we at least give it a go. Ryan Mason at Spurs would be a good shout and may be tempted away for a challenge and a good starting team for your resume.

I agree that whomever we choose needs to have a good knowledge of English football.

I also like the idea of Graeme Murty or even Mark Bowen again to steady the ship.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 04 Mar 2023 23:24

AthleticoSpizz Who really cares, when we win at home?

I imagine the fans that travel 100s of miles to away games care.

fred sharpes nose

by fred sharpes nose » 05 Mar 2023 00:04

Not for me. Hired to keep us up and will succeed - just, now with the deduction. Big thanks for that well done and thanks for coming out of retirement to help. Generally inexperienced and demonstrated some good characteristics but overall limited, Certainly not up to the job of moving us forward IMO. I think the club needs a better qualified, more rounded and experienced manager with some degree of vision and forward planning (with Bowen), the fans certainly deserve this. Whether we are attractive enough/can pay enough remains to be seen

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Mar 2023 01:06

Royal_jimmy Who seriously thinks Ince is the man to get us finishing higher in the league in a year or 2?

Depends on how much his hands have been tied.

If he is required to play Rahman and Hendrick when fit and these players really were the best we could find under the circumstances, and we can reinvest most, if not all, the savings from the likes of Moore, Joao, Meite, Hoilett, maybe Ejaria and Puscas, leaving to compete reasonably in the market... maybe.

Doubt he'll get us top 10, but then who thought Clowno or Stam would, and look how those chucklefucks have done since and elsewhere.

And if we're still bolloxed in the transfer market, we won't get much better anyway.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Mar 2023 01:10

I dunno really. I like Ince, good guy who has done a good job overall considering the circumstances

But the football can be painful and the away thrashings are piling up. Proper sit on the fence on this. If a good proven manager was available and would come, wouldn’t be too upset to see a change

Really depends on what we are faced with next year. Another EFL shambles embargo etc and Ince May still be the best bet

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 Mar 2023 06:50

And appoint some who believes in attacking and entertaining football instead of the dreadful **** we’ve had to endure over the last 3/4 seasons.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 05 Mar 2023 08:57

Wow, I was not expecting a near 75% ‘no’!!

I don’t think pauno out even got 75% on some of the votes. Damning

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 05 Mar 2023 10:21

Pepe the Horseman

we’ve all been there Peeps

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 05 Mar 2023 10:36

No? Why on earth would I? I still don't know what type of side we're supposed to be under him? We're not hard to beat, we're not good at attacking, we're not a side that grinds and grifts. We have no ethos.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 05 Mar 2023 10:49

Crowbar6753 I also like the idea of Graeme Murty or even Mark Bowen again to steady the ship.

“Steady the ship” - I’d argue that’s exactly what Ince is doing right now! Nothing flash, nothing too exciting but recovering from what has been a pretty disastrous few years both on and off the pitch. We’re (discounting any potential points deduction) 11 and 12 points off 6th and 22nd respectively which goes hand in hand with the season of “stability”

Therefore whilst I wouldn’t be disappointed to see Ince go, barring an awful set of results to end the season, would stick with him next season. Need to properly establish the basic foundations before we make the change and go for a riskier approach

It’s going to be another summer of turmoil so let us properly re-establish ourselves as a well (or better run) club again. Risky appointments have set us back years (Stam and Gomes in particular wasting money) and it’s not something we should be repeating

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Mar 2023 11:00

NewCorkSeth No? Why on earth would I? I still don't know what type of side we're supposed to be under him? We're not hard to beat, we're not good at attacking, we're not a side that grinds and grifts. We have no ethos.

Tbf it’s harsh to say we don’t grind. Work hard is one thing we do very well

It’s just a basic lack of quality, ambition and subtlety really.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Mar 2023 11:13

You could forgive Ince the lack of possession and attacking ambition if it was restricting chances against and goals conceded.

But we've only kept 7 clean sheets, the last one was at the start of December and we've been beaten 4 and 5 nil since Xmas.

Fully expect Ince to use the Middlesbrough debacle as an example of why we have to keep playing 5 at the back, even though it isn’t good.

I get using it against teams at the top, but he'll likely use this to justify it against Hull, Bristol City and Birmingham.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 05 Mar 2023 12:06

AthleticoSpizz
Pepe the Horseman

The least we expect paying our hard earned money is a battling performance and not throwing in the towel when we go 2-0 down and getting stuffed. Home wins are nice but away performances have been unacceptable. If our away form improves and our home record sustains I'm sure many of us will rethink on Ince's future.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 05 Mar 2023 12:15

To be honest right now with the points deduction imminent I just want results. I don't care about formation if it wins us games. I don't like 5 at the back but if it gets us the 3 wins required then so be it.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Mar 2023 12:21

Royal_jimmy
AthleticoSpizz
Pepe the Horseman I imagine the fans that travel 100s of miles to away games care.

The least we expect paying our hard earned money is a battling performance and not throwing in the towel when we go 2-0 down and getting stuffed. Home wins are nice but away performances have been unacceptable. If our away form improves and our home record sustains I'm sure many of us will rethink on Ince's future.

Home form is definitely key. We've seen in recent years poor home form and decent away form quickly leads to a toxic atmosphere because it means most fans rarely see us win and frequently see us lose.

Obvs the away form is spectacularly bad at the moment, but I think if home and away form were reversed, Ince would have been hounded out already.

The good sign is that the home atmosphere and environment is clearly much less toxic now, the players are obviously more comfortable playing at home than they have been recently and the fans are more positive, seeing better results there.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 05 Mar 2023 13:12

Hound
NewCorkSeth No? Why on earth would I? I still don't know what type of side we're supposed to be under him? We're not hard to beat, we're not good at attacking, we're not a side that grinds and grifts. We have no ethos.

Tbf it’s harsh to say we don’t grind. Work hard is one thing we do very well

It’s just a basic lack of quality, ambition and subtlety really.

We work hard maybe but not in a way that achieves results. There are managers put there who come in to this side and force the most dogshit grindy football out of this team and that's an ethos. Working hard at nothing isn't an ethos.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 Mar 2023 13:37

Could the results of this poll be made binding on the club?

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 05 Mar 2023 14:54

Sutekh Could the results of this poll be made binding on the club?

Depends really. How does hob nob represent Reading fans opinions as a whole? Is hob nob a more reasoned demographic or is it over reactionary? Does the small sample of fans on hob nob represent the feeling of all fans ?

Compared to the #readingfc on Twitter it’s night and day - far more reasoned. But then again Twitter is full of fcuking idiots so comparing the two seems daft.

165 posts