MATCHWATCH : Sheffield United (h)

178 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Sheffield United (h)

by Sutekh » 07 Mar 2023 22:01

Depressing waste of time, managed 3 shots on target though and possibly yet another penalty that should have been given. Still much better performance overall and can move on to the Millwall game with a bit of hope. Thought the club wouldn’t get more than about a point from this run of 4 games and so it’s looking. At least Huddersfield only drew and Wigan lost so that’s 5 points above the bottom 3 after the FL finally confirm the deduction.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Mar 2023 22:01

Bristol Paul
Snowflake Royal McIntyre was great tonight.

Great for a defender being asked to play in midfield that is, but not as great as a midfielder being asked to play in midfield.

MotM for me, by an absolute margin. So better than the actual midfielder playing in midfield.

NGW was good too.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Mar 2023 22:03

NathStPaul We're shite but we aren't Huddersfield/Blackpool/Wigan shite. We'll stay up but it is going to be a painfully crap last couple of months of the season.

Been that since about October tbf

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 07 Mar 2023 22:04

Any points from this game would have been a bonus in terms of both relegation and club morale.

Saturday is now important. Especially if the deduction comes through before.

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 07 Mar 2023 22:05

Sutekh At least Huddersfield only drew and Wigan lost so that’s 5 points above the bottom 3 after the FL finally confirm the deduction.

Are we getting 7 taken off?
The bottom three are on 32.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Mar 2023 22:05

We did ok. Played quite well in patches. Sheff utd weren’t great and their time wasting and diving was incredibly irritating

Still we can’t keep a clean sheet and that’s the problem

Bloody cold but not quite as cold as I was expecting which was a small bonus. Moore did indeed get a fair bit of booing (not from me, couldn’t be arsed)

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 07 Mar 2023 22:06

Sutekh Depressing waste of time, managed 3 shots on target though and possibly yet another penalty that should have been given. Still much better performance overall and can move on to the Millwall game with a bit of hope. :D Thought the club wouldn’t get more than about a point from this run of 4 games and so it’s looking. At least Huddersfield only drew and Wigan lost so that’s 5 points above the bottom 3 after the FL finally confirm the deduction.

6 points- 44-6=38

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 Mar 2023 22:08

It was fine. If we'd snatched a lead we would have won. Not going to lose sleep over the traditional home defeat to the Blades. 7 in a row now.

Wigan & Huddersfield couldn't do much about it and have shocking runs of fixtures now. Even with 6 off, reckon we are 2 wins away from safety.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Mar 2023 22:09

Hound We did ok. Played quite well in patches. Sheff utd weren’t great and their time wasting and diving was incredibly irritating

Bloody cold but not quite as cold as I was expecting which was a small bonus. Moore did indeed get a fair bit of booing (not from me, couldn’t be arsed)

Genuinely quite shocked by that.

Makes his position here even more untenable than it already was.

Ince will probably start him next up. And tbf, much as I would detest it, he'd be more use than the bronze of Dann stood in the middle of defence. Touch and go with Sarr.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 07 Mar 2023 22:20

Snowflake Royal
Hound We did ok. Played quite well in patches. Sheff utd weren’t great and their time wasting and diving was incredibly irritating

Genuinely quite shocked by that.

Makes his position here even more untenable than it already was.

Ince will probably start him next up. And tbf, much as I would detest it, he'd be more use than the bronze of Dann stood in the middle of defence. Touch and go with Sarr.

If you look at it from Moore's perspective he is playing for a decent deal elsewhere, he will want to be noticed for the right reasons. Could work in our favour and as you say a vast improvement on Dann.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 07 Mar 2023 22:21

JR
karbota
Brogue
Never looked into royals tv can you even watch games games live on there if you are in the uk? And how much does it cost? Can you pay per game?

Yes, you can normally £10 per game

Pretty sure that hasn’t been the case since 20/21 season

Wrong I have watched a couple of Royals TV games "LIVE" recently UK based.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 07 Mar 2023 22:31

YorkshireRoyal99
karbota Oh, how enriching for this match Royals TV live stream is only viewable to [b]foreign[/b subscribers.

This isn't just the case with our club, or even our division.

2.3. For match footage shown on a live basis (certain geographical territories only) not all Club matches will be available for viewing on a "live" basis.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 07 Mar 2023 22:52

Sounds like there were officially about 8k of our fans there this evening.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 07 Mar 2023 23:11

Enjoyable game. Thought we deserved a point.

Just wanted to say the fans who booed Moore should be ashamed of themselves . I just don’t get it. He is a top earner but it was the clubs fault they gave him a stupid contract so not his fault, And he has been injured a long time. Again not his fault and apparently he has worked tirelessly to get fit. Sometimes our fans baffle me.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 07 Mar 2023 23:18

andrew1957 Enjoyable game. Thought we deserved a point.

Just wanted to say the fans who booed Moore should be ashamed of themselves . I just don’t get it. He is a top earner but it was the clubs fault they gave him a stupid contract so not his fault, And he has been injured a long time. Again not his fault and apparently he has worked tirelessly to get fit. Sometimes our fans baffle me.

Agreed, think while he's on the pitch he should have 100% support from the fans, as others have said, he should be an improvement on Dann.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 07 Mar 2023 23:30

Moore's performances before he was stripped off the captaincy and sent to Stoke were poor. I thought he should have lost the captaincy earlier than he did but he's still our player and despite his massive wages he's a capable defender who we need to be encouraging not booing him. Especially if it helps us keep clean sheets!

We also don't know the other side of the story from Liam when he was basically alienated from the squad. So booing was just ridiculous and I'm happy he's back fit.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 07 Mar 2023 23:42

Thought we were decent tonight and deserved something from the game.

Sarr man of the match by a country mile.

Referee made a rod for his own back with those 2 ridiculous bookings and then only adding on that time allowed was a joke.

I can just about accept booing Moore for coming on. But then continually boo him when in possession of the ball is quite frankly pathetic. Absolute morons.

Win on Saturday and all can be rosey again.

URZ.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 07 Mar 2023 23:48

paultheroyal Thought we were decent tonight and deserved something from the game.

Sarr man of the match by a country mile.

Referee made a rod for his own back with those 2 ridiculous bookings and then only adding on that time allowed was a joke.

I can just about accept booing Moore for coming on. But then continually boo him when in possession of the ball is quite frankly pathetic. Absolute morons.

Win on Saturday and all can be rosey again.

URZ.

Seriously ?

fred sharpes nose

by fred sharpes nose » 08 Mar 2023 00:01

We watch the same match - we see a different game

Enjoyed the game, thought we held our own against a better team. Sheffield didn't deserve to lose, we didn't deserve to win. Reckon their manager would've been ok with a point. Got the impression our guys didn't want to be shown up by the oppostion who put some nice moves together as did we on occassion.

Was great to see them play wide men on both sides hugging the touchline stretching the space - we seem so narrow in comparison

We were talking throughout the game about subs and couldn't really see anyone having a stinker and deserved hooking.

Inces subs - made us less effective. Thought Long and Carroll were linking up well sometimes, Long lots of energy chasing and movement. NGW doing fine ditto McIntrye and Hendrick given their limitiations. PInce as usual full of buzzing. Don't know why Long went off ditto NGW. Was pretty obvious after the goal we needed to do something so bring Azeez on left side but a bit late IMO. Thought Yiadom was struggling - most of time high up the pitch (he is a right back with occassional foray forward) with Holmes not looking totally happy at almost right back. NGW and Azezz could be a good partnership on the left. Square pegs square holes - Yiaddom to RB Holmes to centre and hook one of Sarr or Dann - Sarr for me as he seemed laboured. Think that's what all that was needed. But then we all want to be the manager but we are not.

So he brings on Joao for Long - made absolutley zero impact - didnt know what to do and where to be. Him and Carroll are basically playing in the same part of the pitch. The usual lazy Joao performance - he clearly does not want to be here (or under Ince?). Taking NGW off madness - he was a threat going forward.

Last two subs - Casadei and Moore totally pointless - booing of Moore realy crass.

An interesting challenge for the stattos or Tim Dellor - analyse the effectiveness of Inces substituions and timing thereof.

Ince to the end of the season - keep us up, nice bonus and thank you. Ince Out in the summer

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 08 Mar 2023 00:41

fred sharpes nose We watch the same match - we see a different game

Was great to see them play wide men on both sides hugging the touchline stretching the space - we seem so narrow in comparison

We have Andy Carroll but never get a cross in from wide, we have Shane Long but never play a direct ball along the ground into the channels for him to run the defender.
Clueless and you can see better organisation and football intelligence most Sunday mornings anywhere around the Reading area.
That's how bad last night was.

178 posts