Moore
NGW

Hendrick
Mbengue
Casadei

Ince
Joao
Azeez

Yep, would be happy to see this on Saturday!! Mbengue would add some pace, bite and steel to the midfield and a far better option than McIntyre. Abrefa and NGW have to be given a chance in their preferred positions as 4 CBs just isn't working.
Ince and Azeez just need to get the ball into Joao in the box and hope he hits some form. If we can get Joao firing again sometime soon it may well just save our season!!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Hull City (h)

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Mar 2023 18:18

Mbengue's biggest weakness is his positioning and spacial awareness, its why he often struggles at wing/full back imo.

Put him in the middle of the park with the game going on all around him and I think he'll be at sixs and sevens constantly

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 16 Mar 2023 18:48

If there was ever a must win game this is it. I shall be going on Saturday and I am hoping to see an improved performance to the one against Millwall. I know it’s going to be sh*te football but a horrible 1-0 win works for me.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 16 Mar 2023 19:10

If we go behind it will probably go toxic almost instantly.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Mar 2023 19:11

Think Mbengue was a midfielder originally wasn’t he? He could work there I suppose

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Mar 2023 19:23

Hound Think Mbengue was a midfielder originally wasn’t he? He could work there I suppose

Buggered if I know, all sorts seem to be have been claimed about where he plays.

He doesn't look like he can cope there yet to me though.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Mar 2023 19:24

tidus_mi2 If we go behind it will probably go toxic almost instantly.

After the Rotherham HT, I'd fear boos at 0-0 as they go in for the break.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 16 Mar 2023 19:25

Snowflake Royal Mbengue's biggest weakness is his positioning and spacial awareness, its why he often struggles at wing/full back imo.

Put him in the middle of the park with the game going on all around him and I think he'll be at sixs and sevens constantly

I think Mbengue was originally touted as a midfielder/CB so I'm hoping he may be a bit better than we think in the position. Playing McIntyre in there is so negative imo and i really think we need to approach this game on the front foot.

Either way our options aren't good thanks to Loum's moment of madness.

Maybe we can go 4-4-2 old school:

Lumley

Abrefa Holmes Sarr NGW

Ince Casedei Hendrick Azeez

Joao Long

Its a risk, however, we are slowly running out of options.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Mar 2023 19:27

Crowbar6753
Snowflake Royal Mbengue's biggest weakness is his positioning and spacial awareness, its why he often struggles at wing/full back imo.

I think Mbengue was originally touted as a midfielder/CB so I'm hoping he may be a bit better than we think in the position. Playing McIntyre in there is so negative imo and i really think we need to approach this game on the front foot.

Lumley

Abrefa Holmes Sarr NGW

Joao Long

Yeah, just think the defence needs screening. We have the players to play 4-4-2 so don't mind that.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 16 Mar 2023 19:47

Snowflake Royal
Crowbar6753

Lumley

Abrefa Holmes Sarr NGW

Joao Long

Yeah, just think the defence needs screening. We have the players to play 4-4-2 so don't mind that.

I hear ya, our defense is poor with both 5 and 4 players in there!! i just feel we looked so much better going forward and actually posed a threat with that extra man further forward.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Mar 2023 20:53

I guess a back 5 of Abrefa Holmes Mbengue Sarr/Moore NGW could do the job. Abrefa and NGW look like proper wing backs and the back 3 potentially compliment each other

Hendrick Casadei and…McIntyre I suppose in midfield

Joao and Ince up top

Not amazing but it may work

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 16 Mar 2023 21:49

I'll remain optimistic, our home record against the current bottom half of the league is 7-1-0

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 16 Mar 2023 22:06

Hound Think Mbengue was a midfielder originally wasn’t he? He could work there I suppose

Yep

The first paragraph of the announcement of his initial signing on the club website says,

"We are pleased to confirm that midfielder Amadou Mbengue has put pen to paper on a short-term contract at the club which will see him represent the Royals until January 2023."

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Mar 2023 22:47

Hound I guess a back 5 of Abrefa Holmes Mbengue Sarr/Moore NGW could do the job. Abrefa and NGW look like proper wing backs and the back 3 potentially compliment each other

Hendrick Casadei and…McIntyre I suppose in midfield

Joao and Ince up top

Not amazing but it may work

Yeah, I just think with the back 5 it's easily pinned back. And with our defence, if the wing backs do play high then it's a three man defence which is a bit :o

With that shape we either have gaping holes down our flanks to exploit or no width to support an incredibly narrow attack that craves crosses.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 17 Mar 2023 08:33

His biggest weakness is his positioning but his biggest strength is his pace and power which almost counters it. He is young, with better guidance he could be a boss at CB or CM.
Happy for a 4141 formation with M'bengue just ahead of defence - I think he is better there than McIntyre. With old head Hendrick ahead of him and a old head like Dann behind him he should do well.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 17 Mar 2023 09:32

tidus_mi2 I'll remain optimistic, our home record against the current bottom half of the league is 7-1-0

Was the draw against QPR, who were above us at the time? That is a pretty ok home record against the teams we should/need to be beating.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Mar 2023 09:47

Hendo
tidus_mi2 I'll remain optimistic, our home record against the current bottom half of the league is 7-1-0

Was the draw against QPR, who were above us at the time? That is a pretty ok home record against the teams we should/need to be beating.

Pretty OK - master of the understatment there :wink: - we've dropped just 2 points against bottom half sides, would say that's more than pretty OK.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 17 Mar 2023 09:53

Stranded
Hendo

Pretty OK - master of the understatment there :wink: - we've dropped just 2 points against bottom half sides, would say that's more than pretty OK.

Thats fair. :D

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Mar 2023 10:00

Coppells Lost Coat

His biggest weakness is his positioning but his biggest strength is his pace and power which almost counters it. He is young, with better guidance he could be a boss at CB or CM.
Happy for a 4141 formation with M'bengue just ahead of defence - I think he is better there than McIntyre. With old head Hendrick ahead of him and a old head like Dann behind him he should do well.

You were dragging me with you until you brought in Dann the fossil.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 17 Mar 2023 13:13

Snowflake Royal You were dragging me with you until you brought in Dann the fossil.

:lol: Think he is better communicator and organiser than all our other CB...except maybe Moore. But didn't mention him as his name is a big trigger on here.
I am not saying he is good, I am not sure any of our defence can say they had a good season tbh.

213 posts