Mark Bowen

Delboy

Mark Bowen

by Delboy » 03 Apr 2023 08:22

With all the negatives about the club , possible 6 point deduction, injuries, Paul Ince performance. Not a word from Mark Bowen , no defence of Ince . What is he doing , why are journalists not hounding him for answers . What is his future ??

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Mark Bowen

by paultheroyal » 03 Apr 2023 10:20

What do you want him to be doing? Let's break your comment down.

Negatives about the club? The negatives are from the fans, he is not going to bad mouth his employer is he? He previously gave a session and q&a detailing where the club is at.

6 point deduction - it cant be spoken about until further news is definite. Club has released a statement. What more do you want?

Paul Ince performance - when EVER has a club official in that position, spoke out publicly about a manager in post? Bottom line is, Ince is doing what he was told to do - stay in the division. If not for the pending 6 points, he would be relatively comfortable in doing that.

His remit is quite clear - we have made some good background appointments. Key is survival. Not sure what else you are expecting because if it satisfies you, all you would get are sound bites.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 03 Apr 2023 15:02

Bowen out

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 03 Apr 2023 15:04

Delboy With all the negatives about the club , possible 6 point deduction, injuries, Paul Ince performance. Not a word from Mark Bowen , no defence of Ince . What is he doing , why are journalists not hounding him for answers . What is his future ??

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 03 Apr 2023 17:16

Delboy With all the negatives about the club , possible 6 point deduction, injuries, Paul Ince performance. Not a word from Mark Bowen , no defence of Ince . What is he doing , why are journalists not hounding him for answers . What is his future ??
He's probably busy doing his job - searching for the next manager (every club should at all times have a shortlist of potential managers), supporting the current manager, trying to offload players, that sort of thing. I don't recall Nicky Hammond being too vocal in his successful time as DoF.

If Mark Bowen was to speak to the media, he would be singing from the same song sheet as the manager, If he was to voice a different opinion that would undermine the manager at a time when he has to focus on managing and delivering us from relegation, plus when the media ask him about sacking Ince he'll have to say they are 100% behind him.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 03 Apr 2023 17:33

Forbury Lion
He's probably busy doing his job - searching for the next manager (every club should at all times have a shortlist of potential managers), supporting the current manager, trying to offload players, that sort of thing. I don't recall Nicky Hammond being too vocal in his successful time as DoF.

If Mark Bowen was to speak to the media, he would be singing from the same song sheet as the manager, If he was to voice a different opinion that would undermine the manager at a time when he has to focus on managing and delivering us from relegation, plus when the media ask him about sacking Ince he'll have to say they are 100% behind him.

Yeah …. but apart from that :wink:

mikey0406

by mikey0406 » 03 Apr 2023 20:23

The fact is that this summer will be another massive transition again for the club, whether we survive or not - and I for one am hopeful that Bowen is still part of it.

It will need sensible heads in the right positions to make footballing judgements on players and staff - I cannot see Ince (either of them) being here regardless - and if the restrictions are lifted after the next imposing deduction then sensible investment will be required.

Bowen will know all this, and I’m not sure any change now will make a blind bit of difference to any outcome. Therefore he is probably part of the discussions with the EFL and ensuring the best outcome for the club - safe to say he has his hands full.

Making statements about fans, Ince etc is not high on his agenda right now

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 04 Apr 2023 13:22

After going through Bowen's statement and reading all the stuff that he's been managing to turn the club around - can we:
1. Accept that he's done good work and that it's understandable why he's waited till now to speak out.
2. Admit that the man clearly is needed in his current role and that asking him to replace PInce would probably be a backward step all round.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Apr 2023 13:46

Yeah no one can say it isn’t a full and comprehensive statement. He does seem to have a clue and a plan in place

Would still like to know the final details of what income we expected and what this investment is - guess we’ll get some idea when this years accounts are phblished

RFCMod

by RFCMod » 04 Apr 2023 14:18

Does this now mean that the twats at Bristol can "have their club back"
F**k knows we have some complete tools follow us

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Apr 2023 14:56

RFCMod Does this now mean that the twats at Bristol can "have their club back"

Only if Dai has actually learnt his lesson, not just said he's learnt his lesson.

Delboy

by Delboy » 04 Apr 2023 15:03

Thank you mark Bowen great response, clarified a lot of things. Now we must back the team for the last 7 cup finals URZ

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 04 Apr 2023 15:12

Delboy Thank you mark Bowen great response, clarified a lot of things. Now we must back the team for the last 7 cup finals URZ

^This. We now have clarity and we all need to get behind this team for the next seven games - starting Friday.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 04 Apr 2023 15:20

Snowflake Royal
RFCMod Does this now mean that the twats at Bristol can "have their club back"

Only if Dai has actually learnt his lesson, not just said he's learnt his lesson.

He won't....check out the other 2 clubs he owned that crashed and burned.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Apr 2023 17:35

Genuinely great letter.

Although obviously rather selectively omits the noises coming out of him amongst others early season that there was no point selling players as we couldn’t invest the money from them.

In the (presumed) knowledge our business plan required player sales for us to be compliant.

Although a refusal to sell has Dai's finger prints all over it and Bowen simply can't criticise the owner in an open letter. My guess is Dai insisted we achieve that through selling Puscas, hence the constant clubs reportedly interested in the summer, rather than anyone still popular at the club, and there was no alternative except trying to game the deal at the last minute with Dai selling investment to himself... the trick we've been staving off the inevitable with for years by selling off all the family silver in club infrastructure.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 Apr 2023 17:39

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 04 Apr 2023 17:43

Delboy Thank you mark Bowen great response, clarified a lot of things. Now we must back the team for the last 7 cup finals URZ

100% - I was so oxf*rd off but now his letter has made me want to go to the 7 remaining games.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 Apr 2023 18:03

Yes quite agree. Mark has certainly explained things very well and managed to be very positive so absolutely full marks to him and his team in deciding to put the letter out there to coincide with the actual deduction. Personally from what I’ve seen and read this season from behind the scenes at the club I’ve got every confidence in Mark and think persuading Brian Carey and Jared Dublin are masterstrokes that should hopefully start putting the club back into a very healthy place recruitment wise.

Also great to learn the Academy auditors were full of praise, hope that that turns into cat 1 status approval in May as getting that back to where is should be is key for the future.

Lastly, hope Paul Ince can push a positive note into the players minds, overall they’re a thoroughly decent bunch and deserve to achieve safety this year. Just hope Paul can be a bit more positive in team selections and therefore give a bit more of a headache to opponents and hope to supporters.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 04 Apr 2023 18:56

Sutekh Yes quite agree. Mark has certainly explained things very well and managed to be very positive so absolutely full marks to him and his team in deciding to put the letter out there to coincide with the actual deduction. Personally from what I’ve seen and read this season from behind the scenes at the club I’ve got every confidence in Mark and think persuading Brian Carey and Jared Dublin are masterstrokes that should hopefully start putting the club back into a very healthy place recruitment wise.

Also great to learn the Academy auditors were full of praise, hope that that turns into cat 1 status approval in May as getting that back to where is should be is key for the future.

Lastly, hope Paul Ince can push a positive note into the players minds, overall they’re a thoroughly decent bunch and deserve to achieve safety this year. Just hope Paul can be a bit more positive in team selections and therefore give a bit more of a headache to opponents and hope to supporters.

I've put the inflatable snake away for the minute.
However, on you last point, I think Fridays game maybe Inces biggest. Lose and the mob will turn in the same way they turned on Paunovic. Losing is not an option against Brum.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 04 Apr 2023 19:47

Ascotexgunner
Sutekh Yes quite agree. Mark has certainly explained things very well and managed to be very positive so absolutely full marks to him and his team in deciding to put the letter out there to coincide with the actual deduction. Personally from what I’ve seen and read this season from behind the scenes at the club I’ve got every confidence in Mark and think persuading Brian Carey and Jared Dublin are masterstrokes that should hopefully start putting the club back into a very healthy place recruitment wise.

I've put the inflatable snake away for the minute.
However, on you last point, I think Fridays game maybe Inces biggest. Lose and the mob will turn in the same way they turned on Paunovic. Losing is not an option against Brum.

Sadly, I'd also saying drawing isn't with the games round the corner