CONFIMRED - Paul Ince sacked

188 posts
Webster750

CONFIMRED - Paul Ince sacked

by Webster750 » 11 Apr 2023 10:03

Reading Football Club can confirm that the contract of first team manager Paul Ince has been terminated with immediate effect.

Ince was appointed initially on an interim basis with his assistant Alex Rae in February 2022 and, alongside the likes of Academy Manager Michael Gilkes and Under-18s manager Mikele Leigertwood in the dugout, he did an admirable job in helping the club stave off the threat of relegation with four wins from the final 14 fixtures last season.

Ince took the reins on a permanent basis in the summer and, having to cope with strict transfer embargo restrictions, he helped to piece together a new squad on a much-reduced wage budget - and with five wins from our first seven home games the season began brightly.

However, without a win in our last eight matches and with a relegation battle to fight following a six-point deduction imposed last week, owner Mr Dai Yongge has decided that a change is needed.

Assistant Manager Alex Rae has also departed the club.

Our Under-21s Manager and former Royals striker, Noel Hunt, has been installed as Interim First Team Manager until the end of the season.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: CONFIMRED - Paul Ince sacked

by NathStPaul » 11 Apr 2023 10:07

Cocky twat has got what he deserved

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 11 Apr 2023 10:08

CLAP CLAP
CLAP CLAP CLAP
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
NOEL HUNT!!

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 11 Apr 2023 10:10

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 11 Apr 2023 10:10

Sad to say is great news! Glad Noels in and just what we need, someone who knows the youngsters too so should get maximum options to freshen the squad.

Noel has some senior management experience from his time a Sw*nd*n.

Hoping for new permanent manager at the end of the season.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Apr 2023 10:13

Yeah had to be done. All about trying to get the players up and a bounce now and Ince was taking us down

Good luck to Hunt and co

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 11 Apr 2023 10:14

Good riddance

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 11 Apr 2023 10:16

Long overdue to be honest, it needed to happen as we've been sleep walking to League One. Hopefully Hunt can do something for us, although he hasn't been handed a great start with Burnley and Luton.

Still believe if we can win our final 2 games of the season, we will stop up.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Apr 2023 10:19

YorkshireRoyal99 Long overdue to be honest, it needed to happen as we've been sleep walking to League One. Hopefully Hunt can do something for us, although he hasn't been handed a great start with Burnley and Luton.

Players look like they need a lift. Get the crowd behind them etc, Hunt can certainly do that

I suspect Bowen may also be having his say in the background

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 11 Apr 2023 10:20

Yeah, the football has been sh!te recently and his post match interviews have become quite bizarre affairs but I'm probably in a minority of one who feels a tad sorry for him. Think he changed the mood in the camp upon his arrival. We had a most excellent home record 'till recent weeks. We all wanted Long and Carroll and he delivered them on a zero budget. His remit was to keep us up and had we kept the six points I'm pretty sure he would have. And Blackburn at home this season we were awesome. Its all too late now anyway. Noel Hunt won't be saving us.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 11 Apr 2023 10:21

Internal appointments have worked before, they can work again. Not expecting much but I'll back Noel Hunt, he's done a decent job with the U21s.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 11 Apr 2023 10:24

oxf*rd him and hope his shit Charlton son goes with him!!!!

He has been a big part of ruining our club

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 11 Apr 2023 10:25

Wasn't expecting the club to part ways with Ince this side of June. No idea how we agree his severance package, but well done the Club for acting now. We desperately need that new manager bounce!

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 11 Apr 2023 10:26

Hound
YorkshireRoyal99 Long overdue to be honest, it needed to happen as we've been sleep walking to League One. Hopefully Hunt can do something for us, although he hasn't been handed a great start with Burnley and Luton.

Players look like they need a lift. Get the crowd behind them etc, Hunt can certainly do that

I suspect Bowen may also be having his say in the background

Yeah I don't think Hunt will be left on his own, although it can't get much worse anyway. If the unthinkable happens and we do beat Burnley, I think it would give everyone a massive lift and would genuinely shit up the sides around us.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 11 Apr 2023 10:27

Zammo Yeah, the football has been sh!te recently and his post match interviews have become quite bizarre affairs but I'm probably in a minority of one who feels a tad sorry for him. Think he changed the mood in the camp upon his arrival. We had a most excellent home record 'till recent weeks. We all wanted Long and Carroll and he delivered them on a zero budget. His remit was to keep us up and had we kept the six points I'm pretty sure he would have. And Blackburn at home this season we were awesome. Its all too late now anyway. Noel Hunt won't be saving us.

You’re not alone
The job he did last season was massive in the circumstances and the whole club has been hamstrung by previous indiscretions. However, my sadness is tempered somewhat by his own decline since October.
Given what I’ve seen and heard of AC2 I’d like to think he could add something to the team motivation even if he’s not qualified for coaching

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 11 Apr 2023 10:30

So here it is Merry Christmas
Everybody’s having fun!
Look to the future now
It’s only just begun!

Noel Noel Noel Noel!
Born is the King of RG2!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Apr 2023 10:32

Franchise FC
Zammo Yeah, the football has been sh!te recently and his post match interviews have become quite bizarre affairs but I'm probably in a minority of one who feels a tad sorry for him. Think he changed the mood in the camp upon his arrival. We had a most excellent home record 'till recent weeks. We all wanted Long and Carroll and he delivered them on a zero budget. His remit was to keep us up and had we kept the six points I'm pretty sure he would have. And Blackburn at home this season we were awesome. Its all too late now anyway. Noel Hunt won't be saving us.

You’re not alone
The job he did last season was massive in the circumstances and the whole club has been hamstrung by previous indiscretions. However, my sadness is tempered somewhat by his own decline since October.
Given what I’ve seen and heard of AC2 I’d like to think he could add something to the team motivation even if he’s not qualified for coaching

Yeah I’ve sympathy for him and he was doing a great job til Christmas but he was taking us only one way and the football has got worse as the season has gone on

Hope people remember him for pushing through necessary change at the club rather than the tired uninspired tactics etc that he ended with

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 11 Apr 2023 10:34

Underwhelmed by Hunt not going to lie

Zero credentials bar some football manager esque stuff

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 11 Apr 2023 10:35

Let's be clear. If it weren't for the points deduction he would still be in a job. Though, he's done nothing to help himself in the last couple of months.

Unfortunately, I don't think Hunt is going to make that much difference. But we'll see.

retro royal

by retro royal » 11 Apr 2023 10:38

Happy he's gone, but would rather have someone come along side Noel with some fresh eyes and experience, at least everyone will be behind Noel and the team on Saturday
Last edited by retro royal on 11 Apr 2023 10:38, edited 1 time in total.

188 posts