BFTG Burnley

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

BFTG Burnley

by Sutekh » 15 Apr 2023 17:49

We’ll do e to everyone, really dug in well and deserved a point that finally stops Burnley’s chance to break the record.

Yiadom easily motm but everyone played their part. Brilliant to see Camara get returned to the squad and again impressed in his small cameo, Azeez did provide the only real outlet, if only his crossing was more consistent. Joke referee booking Lumley for time wasting, I presume he was expected to take the goal kick while the ref had his back turned to play :roll:

If only they’d dumped Ince after the Hull game and given Hunt a couple of weeks grace to pull things together we may have given ourselves a better shot at staying up.

At least that should give confidence to the players and some belief in what Noel is trying to do. Can’t help think Luton might turn out to be harder still though.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG Burnley

by Hound » 15 Apr 2023 18:00

Yeah played well, esp second half. More energy, more confidence. Azeez looked a threat - disappointed to see him get cramp after 70m mind you

Burnley didn’t threaten a lot and their fans were very quiet considering

Excellent home support though. We have to beat Wigan and snatch a win from one of the others and we should be good

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 15 Apr 2023 18:04

There is a certain irony that after all the moans about negative play from Ince, we are here delighted with a 0-0 draw. One massive difference, obviously, is that Ince didn't ever get those 0-0s.

Huge improvement all round, and the large crowd was supportive despite some poor play at times. We almost seemed to be treating it like a cup tie v Premier League opposition, which is what it effectively was. Despite them being surprisingly ineffective up front, they were the best team to come to the Madejski this season by a mile, and you can see why they are miles clear at the top.

Four more performances like that and we stay up easily.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 15 Apr 2023 18:05

All I can say is that I wanted to leave slightly less than in previous games. Our games are terrible, pretty devoid of entertainment but at least we battled and hung on for a point.

I don't think either side ever looked like scoring but it shows how little difference there is between teams at the top and bottom of this league.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 15 Apr 2023 18:07

If we go int the last game needing something, can we appoint SHunt as a coach for one game just so he can sit in the dugout and wind Colin up.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Apr 2023 18:09

Lumley, Yiadom, Guiness-Walker and Joao were excellent.

Kelvin E worked hard but didn’t get much joy. Azeez was a threat but couldn’t deliver on it. Hendrick was limited.

The rest were all good.

Bringing off NGW for Mbengue worried me a lot, but it didn’t blow up in Hunt's face. Great to see Camara... still looks very tidy, otherwise limited involvement.

Carroll did his job and to be honest that's how we should be using him. As a 20-30 minute cameo to give the opposition another problem to worry about and us a different out ball.

Much better organisation. Much more on the front foot. Still work to go and a couple of really tough games to get through.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 15 Apr 2023 18:57

I think both NGW and Benson for them were oxf*rd after an hour - they had been battling each other the whole game.

NGW had his number quite a bit of the time but was getting sloppy before going off, good management from Hunt to spot the risk?

Fezza

by Fezza » 15 Apr 2023 19:00

Worried that Azeez looked injured. K was great up front and seemed to win the majority of his headers, that said Joao onlt seemed in the game once Carroll was on, but then looked excellent. All in all the best 0-0 I recall.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 15 Apr 2023 19:01

Fezza Worried that Azeez looked injured. K was great up front and seemed to win the majority of his headers, that said Joao onlt seemed in the game once Carroll was on, but then looked excellent. All in all the best 0-0 I recall.

I might be being rose tinted, but it just looked like cramp to me. He’s barely any football the past few months, so it’s understandable.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 15 Apr 2023 19:05

Great display keeping Burnley out but we really are a lightweight side. Without João we really do look a league one team. I'll take the effort and desire for the final 4 games though.

Let's hope we can use this result today as a platform and we can get an even better result vs Luton.

Feel a bit more confident we can stay up but it's looking tough. We'll need to win v Luton or Coventry

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Apr 2023 19:34

URZZZZZZZZ
Fezza Worried that Azeez looked injured. K was great up front and seemed to win the majority of his headers, that said Joao onlt seemed in the game once Carroll was on, but then looked excellent. All in all the best 0-0 I recall.

I might be being rose tinted, but it just looked like cramp to me. He’s barely any football the past few months, so it’s understandable.

Yeah it was cramp

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Apr 2023 19:34

And in one post match sentence after one game Hunt sums up Ince’s big failing this season “Kelvin Abrefa and Mamadi Camara did well and gave us a bit of energy. At times that's what you need to get a breather in the backline and thankfully it worked.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Apr 2023 19:46

Hound
URZZZZZZZZ

Yeah it was cramp
cramp?….how old is he?

Does he do a day job somewhere?

Cramp….a professionally trained sportsman?….jeez……not having that….I sometimes used to get cramp at the 90 minute stage (in my thirties) on a Saturday game played out on a quagmire pitch having already done a weeks ‘actual manual work’ preceding it….nah, not having that

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 15 Apr 2023 20:25

Today was fantastic, lots of effort, great support with nearly 20k attendance and a first class atmosphere. I hope we can pack the ground put v Luton and Wigan as the players need all the support they can get.

If you don't have a ticket for either game then get yourself one for these two games.

JedMaxwell

by JedMaxwell » 15 Apr 2023 21:16

AthleticoSpizz
Hound
URZZZZZZZZ

Yeah it was cramp
cramp?….how old is he?

Cramp….a professionally trained sportsman?….jeez……not having that….I sometimes used to get cramp at the 90 minute stage (in my thirties) on a Saturday game played out on a quagmire pitch having already done a weeks ‘actual manual work’ preceding it….nah, not having that

You're hard.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Apr 2023 21:18

JedMaxwell
AthleticoSpizz
Hound
Yeah it was cramp
cramp?….how old is he?

You're hard.
and?

One point truly missed ‘Jed’ well done….. :roll:

Thanks for reading

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 15 Apr 2023 21:30

Sutekh We’ll do e to everyone, really dug in well and deserved a point that finally stops Burnley’s chance to break the record.

Yiadom easily motm but everyone played their part. Brilliant to see Camara get returned to the squad and again impressed in his small cameo, Azeez did provide the only real outlet, if only his crossing was more consistent. Joke referee booking Lumley for time wasting, I presume he was expected to take the goal kick while the ref had his back turned to play :roll:

If only they’d dumped Ince after the Hull game and given Hunt a couple of weeks grace to pull things together we may have given ourselves a better shot at staying up.

At least that should give confidence to the players and some belief in what Noel is trying to do. Can’t help think Luton might turn out to be harder still though.

To be fair the ref - Lumley dropped the ball, picked up a bottle, had a bit of a leisurely drink, and didn't even look like taking the goal kick until he got booked. It was pretty textbook time wasting.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Apr 2023 21:35

Elm Park Kid
Sutekh We’ll do e to everyone, really dug in well and deserved a point that finally stops Burnley’s chance to break the record.

To be fair the ref - Lumley dropped the ball, picked up a bottle, had a bit of a leisurely drink, and didn't even look like taking the goal kick until he got booked. It was pretty textbook time wasting.

Most unlike Lumley that. Right out of character

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Apr 2023 21:37

AthleticoSpizz
Hound
URZZZZZZZZ

Yeah it was cramp
cramp?….how old is he?

Tbf I agree he shouldn’t be getting cramp at the 70m mark on a mild day. Generally believe it’s a sign of poor prep really. Hopefully it’ll not happen again

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by URZZZZZZZZ » 15 Apr 2023 22:10

Hound
AthleticoSpizz
Hound
Yeah it was cramp
cramp?….how old is he?

Tbf I agree he shouldn’t be getting cramp at the 70m mark on a mild day. Generally believe it’s a sign of poor prep really. Hopefully it’ll not happen again

I’m going to defend him.

He was playing against a team with easily the best and liveliest wide men in the league. Despite that, he was everywhere when he was in the pitch, and was more or less our only outlet and made multiple length of the pitch sprints/runs.

He’s also not played nearly as much football as he should have done at this stage. He’s been stuck in this no man’s land of being too important to the first team to play under 23 games, but (laughably) deemed not good enough to play more under Ince.

It won’t be a regular occurrence once he is up to match sharpness.