MATCHWATCH : Luton Town (h)

194 posts
scumbag

Re: MATCHWATCH : Luton Town (h)

by scumbag » 19 Apr 2023 22:09

Point gained. Disappointing stuff from Carroll but can’t fault the effort - kind of shit a fan would try and pull. Can’t knock his determination.

We can still do this. Noel Hunt unbeaten and we are showing fight. COME ON URZ

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 19 Apr 2023 22:10

Fezza
Elm Park Kid You have to say that those are the sort of games that relegated teams have. Finding themselves in a strong position but then basically throwing it away.

Not sure I agree. They had a great many more chances than us and were on top for the first half. Frustrated that we’ll now play the final three games without Carroll. Need something from Coventry

I think its only a 1 game ban for a second bookable....3 for a straight red.

scumbag

by scumbag » 19 Apr 2023 22:10

Fezza
Elm Park Kid You have to say that those are the sort of games that relegated teams have. Finding themselves in a strong position but then basically throwing it away.

Not sure I agree. They had a great many more chances than us and were on top for the first half. Frustrated that we’ll now play the final three games without Carroll. Need something from Coventry

Second yellow so assume it’s 1 game not 3..

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 19 Apr 2023 22:10

Fezza

Yeah, I mean that every now and again you'll find yourself winning a game that you shouldn't be - And the difference between the successful and unsuccessful teams are those that take advantage of those situations.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 19 Apr 2023 22:13

Well well well.

A point against Luton is a good result especially after a point against Burnley, gutted to have been ahead and maybe by two and then the red but overall I think we can’t feel too frustrated.

Three huge games coming up now, you’d think Cardiff’s win plus a game in hand they should be OK, same with Rotherham.

One from three now and our final game looks like being MASSIVE

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 19 Apr 2023 22:15

Important to remember that Cardiff have to play Huddersfield

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 Apr 2023 22:16

scumbag
Fezza

Second yellow so assume it’s 1 game not 3..

Talk it’s a 2 game ban as it’s his second red of the season. No-one has a clue though! His other red was in the FA Cup so it’s not two reds in the same competition.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 Apr 2023 22:17

Snowball Important to remember that Cardiff have to play Huddersfield

With their game in hand think Cardiff have now become irrelevant.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 19 Apr 2023 22:18

We will all be Cardiff fans :|

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 19 Apr 2023 22:20

Fezza

Is it not 1 game ban? For 2 yellows

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 19 Apr 2023 22:26

I’m not too disappointed that AC will be suspended on Saturday. We will have to play the youngsters that will give us more pace on the break at Cov.

The Wigan game is the one we have to get 3 points from.

Fezza

by Fezza » 19 Apr 2023 22:27

Royal_jimmy
Fezza

Is it not 1 game ban? For 2 yellows

Someone may have mentioned that, no idea if the previous red affects this. Bloody stupid of him.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 19 Apr 2023 22:29

SouthDownsRoyal

We will all be Cardiff fans :|

I'm not allowed

(Newport Boy)

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 Apr 2023 22:32

That utterly dreadful home performance against the fakes may well cost Reading this season.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Apr 2023 22:33

Well a point gained in the end, but we were well on top at the start of the second half

Think we’d have won comfortably if we had 11, Luton didn’t turn up second half

Great fight and battling, foolish of Carroll but did feel the first yellow was very soft - always thought there was a fair chance of him getting himself sent off after that. 2 great Azeez corners

Anyway entertaining stuff and there’s potential in the side

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 19 Apr 2023 22:34

I can’t be disappointed with that as I would have settled for a point before the game. I still don’t see us surviving but I’ll be at all the remaining games. I really rate Coventry but I think we might get another draw which could lift us out of the bottom 3.

Watford are a bunch of oxf*rd for losing at home to Huddersfield and Cardiff.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Apr 2023 22:35

Let's be honest, that's two more points from these two games than anyone expected and Hunt is unbeaten in charge.

Results not great for us elsewhere and a real shame we couldn't hold on, but it wasn't particularly likely we would hold on at 1-0 with 11 on the pitch let alone 10.

I like what Noel is doing. We're trying to play on the deck or get in behind, but we're willing to go long too. Joao is a different player under Hunt because we're actually trying to play to his strengths. Sarr is looking like a defender most of the time now.

Just too many wrong moves or poor touches tonight. Mainly from the less experienced players like NGW, Azeez and Fornah. Something they might have got out of their system by now if Ince hadn't completely ignored them. And maybe the players would be in a better pass and move rythm if Ince had got them to play football instead of kick and rush rugby.

Next round of games is insanely important for staying up, if we're still in touch come the final two, we have a good chance. If we lose, as we are likely to v Cov, and QPR and Hudders pick up a win, we're buggered.

I just want to see Hunty do well.

Bristol Paul

by Bristol Paul » 19 Apr 2023 22:43

Snowflake Royal Let's be honest, that's two more points from these two games than anyone expected and Hunt is unbeaten in charge.

Results not great for us elsewhere and a real shame we couldn't hold on, but it wasn't particularly likely we would hold on at 1-0 with 11 on the pitch let alone 10.

I like what Noel is doing. We're trying to play on the deck or get in behind, but we're willing to go long too. Joao is a different player under Hunt because we're actually trying to play to his strengths. Sarr is looking like a defender most of the time now.

Just too many wrong moves or poor touches tonight. Mainly from the less experienced players like NGW, Azeez and Fornah. Something they might have got out of their system by now if Ince hadn't completely ignored them. And maybe the players would be in a better pass and move rythm if Ince had got them to play football instead of kick and rush rugby.

Next round of games is insanely important for staying up, if we're still in touch come the final two, we have a good chance. If we lose, as we are likely to v Cov, and QPR and Hudders pick up a win, we're buggered.

I just want to see Hunty do well.

Some half decent performances from Sarr, Holmes, Yiadom, Casadei and Joao. Guinness Walker good in spells but his decision making is really poor, and apart from the corners, Azeez wasn’t great nor was Fornah. Still a point after the absolutely stupid sending off is ok and keeps us in with a chance, although still feel we will go down.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 19 Apr 2023 22:45

Sebastian the Red Who are those divs that sit in the south stand? Used to be the away end didn't it? Do we just stick all the remedial shitmunchers of Reading in there to give the city centre a rest every now and then?

club 1871

less said about them the better, just needs to end and a tad embarrassing and fake for my liking

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 19 Apr 2023 22:54

NathStPaul Think that is a good point in the circumstances.

Andy Carroll is a silly boy but if the assistant referee doesn't see it and the goal counts we call him a genius. Yes it could have easily cost us but let's not forget he scored a goal tonight that takes us a step closer to survival.

Exactly, was Carroll instrumental in Luton missing a hatful of chances in the first half? Who can tell how the game would have progressed if AC had kept his hand down. Still every chance of Luton equalising or better at 11 v 11.

Plus would have been hailed as a hero had the officials not spotted it.

194 posts