55%
No
45%

Total votes: 49
Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

Are you optimistic we'll survive?

by Royal_jimmy » 18 Apr 2023 08:24

Simple question, do you think we'll overtake 1 of QPR, Cardiff, Rotherham and Huddersfield without Blackpool overtaking us?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Are you optimistic we'll survive?

by Stranded » 18 Apr 2023 08:31

I am more confident now than I was.

The squad are better than those around us and we are only in this position due to the deduction - and most importantly there seems to be a feel good factor around the club that may only be replicated at Huddersfield currently (and their recent form is tailing off).

Blackpool won't catch us - they've only beaten Wigan and the basketcase club that is QPR - those 2 wins bookend 3, 3-1 defeats and a 4-1 defeat - they are awful.

Above us, QPR will take no more than 3 points and that is probably being generous given they have managed just 4 from the last 36, as a result, we will need just 4 points. I think we'll get 5. Draw tomorrow, lose at Cov, Win v Wigan, draw at Huddersfield.

ReadingGlasses

by ReadingGlasses » 18 Apr 2023 08:38

It feels really 50-50 at the moment. It's all so close that it could come down to something really small: a last minute goal, an unlucky injury, a player slipping, a lucky deflection etc. One really lucky win would make things feel massively more optimistic. One unlucky defeat could deflate the new mood Saturday bought.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Apr 2023 08:41

I think we should and we have a chance, which wasn't the casewhen ince was here. Ask me again after Luton.

I wouldn’t say optimistic though, because staying up just means same relegation fight next year.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 18 Apr 2023 10:25

Definitely way more optimistic that I was a week ago,

Taking a point against Burnley is a real achievement, and the confidence boost that'll give the players will be substantial - plus no-one else seems to have the form now to be a big concern. Huddersfield's boost seems to have faded but personally I reckon it'll be Cardiff we're most likely to overtake.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 18 Apr 2023 11:58

I'd say I'm optimistic of survival, particularly if we get a result tomorrow night. The benefit is we will know what we need to do tomorrow as a few teams play tonight around us.

The changing manager was giving everyone a boost and a clean sheet on Saturday is actually quite a big gain for me as well, as we haven't had one in a while. We can absolutely pile the pressure on the rest of the clubs around us if we are to win tomorrow night and that would lift us out of the drop zone I'm sure.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 18 Apr 2023 13:34

I’m hoping us and Huddersfield need a draw final day and we see scenes like this:

https://youtu.be/bDtljx7UPmY

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 18 Apr 2023 13:38

Not sure, 45/55 I reckon.

We 've been unlucky the way the games have run, after the run of 4 we had in March I thought we'd be okay even with -6 as Preston & Cov were mid table and a lot easier looking than they've turned out.

I think we could have to win the last 2, I'm hoping Wigan will be down and Hudds safe

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 18 Apr 2023 13:41

URZZZZZZZZ I’m hoping us and Huddersfield need a draw final day and we see scenes like this:

Warnock hoisted into the air by the travelling Reading fans <3

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 18 Apr 2023 13:45

A pinch more after the weekends performance, but not overly hopeful. We might do just enough to go into the last game with something to play for, but I expect a thumping at the hands of Neil Warnock to send us down.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 18 Apr 2023 16:34

Pepe the Horseman
URZZZZZZZZ I’m hoping us and Huddersfield need a draw final day and we see scenes like this:

It’s the way it’s meant to end

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 18 Apr 2023 16:48

PATRIQT A pinch more after the weekends performance, but not overly hopeful. We might do just enough to go into the last game with something to play for, but I expect a thumping at the hands of Neil Warnock to send us down.

I'm envisioning a series of results where we secure safety by beating Wigan

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 18 Apr 2023 17:18

URZZZZZZZZ
Pepe the Horseman

It’s the way it’s meant to end

Or a punch to the kidneys after an I’ll tempered pitch invasion while an angry mob waits outside the ground to rock his car with him in it ( which is what he claims happened at the Madejski after that infamous game in the 05-06 season when Wally “disrespected” him after the game in his birthday suit.

Either scenario works for me.

ReadingGlasses

by ReadingGlasses » 18 Apr 2023 17:30

I've got a horrible feeling that we'll lose to Luton and Coventry, only scrape a disappointing draw against Wigan, and then have to get a win from the final game. That will then end up being a boring 0-0 draw.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by URZZZZZZZZ » 18 Apr 2023 20:11

ReadingGlasses I've got a horrible feeling that we'll lose to Luton and Coventry, only scrape a disappointing draw against Wigan, and then have to get a win from the final game. That will then end up being a boring 0-0 draw.

We cannot have faces like yours around here ReadingGlasses

Rea Ding

by Rea Ding » 19 Apr 2023 00:35

We will do it now. Win tomorrow and against Wigan will sort it.

QPR look in real trouble!

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 19 Apr 2023 02:33

No chance we will lose the next two. We will choke against Wigan by then it will need miracle results to go our way and they won’t.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 19 Apr 2023 07:39

It’s difficult to say until I have watched the game this evening and I know QPR’s result against Norwich. I have a horrible feeling QPR will win tonight.

I think it’s 40-60 but if we survive this season, I think we might just be delaying the inevitable next season. Anyway, I’m going to the last 4 games so I’m hoping Huddersfield is going to be a survival party.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 19 Apr 2023 08:13

It's a no from me.

Watched the Huddersfield game last night and can't see us beating them. I think we'll get a maximum of 4 points from the remaining games and that will prove not to be enough.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Apr 2023 08:16

You'd fancy Ipswich and Wednesday to do alright if promoted and Plymouth have the potential too.

Barnsley or Peterborough or Bolton you could probably see struggling.

Saints, Leicester, Forest, Everton or Leeds are probably all at least midtable.

So yeah, I think whichever of Reading, Birmingham, Hull, Cardiff, QPR, Rotherham and Huddersfield survive are likely to make up most of the bottom 8 again.