Dai Yongge Out

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

Dai Yongge Out

by Royal_jimmy » 22 Apr 2023 17:39

You have gambled this great clubs future and you have failed. Please sell us before we fall even more and have a chance.

I was against Ian's opinion a couple of years ago but I'd rather risk it and force him to sell. Question is who will buy us? We are a basket case now.

I feel extremely concerned about our future

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Dai Yongge Out

by SouthDownsRoyal » 22 Apr 2023 17:46

At least the sun is shining.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Apr 2023 17:49

SouthDownsRoyal At least the sun is shining.

Prety grey over here

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 22 Apr 2023 18:08

How much debt we in? Can't be an attractive purchase for someone

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Apr 2023 18:09

Winston Biscuit How much debt we in? Can't be an attractive purchase for someone

All to the owner, almost every club has large debt.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 22 Apr 2023 18:21

Snowflake Royal
SouthDownsRoyal At least the sun is shining.

Prety grey over here

Sorry, I thought this was the what’s the weather like? Thread.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 22 Apr 2023 18:25

Snowflake Royal
Winston Biscuit How much debt we in? Can't be an attractive purchase for someone

I know most clubs have debt. Just wondered what ours would be if we were put up for sale

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Apr 2023 18:26

Winston Biscuit
Snowflake Royal

I know most clubs have debt. Just wondered what ours would be if we were put up for sale

Something ludicrous like £150m, but there's no way Dai is ever seeing most of that money again stay, sell or dissolve the club.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 22 Apr 2023 18:30

Snowflake Royal
Winston Biscuit
Snowflake Royal All to the owner, almost every club has large debt.

Something ludicrous like £150m, but there's no way Dai is ever seeing most of that money again stay, sell or dissolve the club.

Could potentially mean we are stuck with Dai for a long time. Even if he gets totally bored and stops putting anything in, he may see keeping hold and doing nothing is better than selling and writing off that money

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 22 Apr 2023 18:41

Winston Biscuit
Snowflake Royal
Winston Biscuit

Could potentially mean we are stuck with Dai for a long time. Even if he gets totally bored and stops putting anything in, he may see keeping hold and doing nothing is better than selling and writing off that money

Didn't work out that way with his two previous clubs, he just folded them and walked away.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 22 Apr 2023 18:43

72 bus
Winston Biscuit
Snowflake Royal Something ludicrous like £150m, but there's no way Dai is ever seeing most of that money again stay, sell or dissolve the club.

Didn't work out that way with his two previous clubs, he just folded them and walked away.

Reading Town Ltd 2024 phoenix club it is then!

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 22 Apr 2023 18:49

If the owners put the club up for sale they would just 'cancel' any money owed to them. That element of our debt is just an accounting thing for tax purposes.

As for any 'external' debt we have; i'm not sure how much that comes to but I'm guessing it's less than the total value of the club.

Say the market values us at £25m and we have £10m of debt. Then a sale take places where £15m is paid to the owners and the new owner either agrees with the banks to roll the £10m over, or they pay it off.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 22 Apr 2023 18:50

Royal_jimmy You have gambled this great clubs future and you have failed. Please sell us before we fall even more and have a chance.

I was against Ian's opinion a couple of years ago but I'd rather risk it and force him to sell. Question is who will buy us? We are a basket case now.

Understandable reaction and very easy to say. However, if he listens and walks away we will probably end up even deeper in the shyte than we already are.

Any fans know a multi-millionaire who is prepared to lose a large chunk of their money buying the club and paying off the debt, then investing what's required (and allowed)?

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 22 Apr 2023 18:54

RoyalBlue
Royal_jimmy You have gambled this great clubs future and you have failed. Please sell us before we fall even more and have a chance.

Understandable reaction and very easy to say. However, if he listens and walks away we will probably end up even deeper in the shyte than we already are.

Any fans know a multi-millionaire who is prepared to lose a large chunk of their money buying the club and paying off the debt, then investing what's required (and allowed)?

I appreciate this is a tricky subject, but it needs to be repeated that having new owners would make ZERO difference to how much the club can spend. Our debt makes no difference to the finances of the club or how much we can spend.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 22 Apr 2023 18:58

Seriously why aren't fans protesting against Dayong Pang as well? Does he even speak English yet he's in what was Howe's old role. I'm extremely angry and us fans shouldn't be tolerating this
Last edited by Royal_jimmy on 22 Apr 2023 19:03, edited 1 time in total.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 22 Apr 2023 19:02

Elm Park Kid
RoyalBlue

I appreciate this is a tricky subject, but it needs to be repeated that having new owners would make ZERO difference to how much the club can spend. Our debt makes no difference to the finances of the club or how much we can spend.

I just want an owner who can run the club sensibly

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 22 Apr 2023 20:18

Basingstoke Town got promoted as champions today in extraordinary fashion, so not all doom and gloom and softened the blow somewhat!

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 22 Apr 2023 20:41

I wonder if Dai reads hobnob

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 22 Apr 2023 21:24

If the boy Yonggey is serious about getting us back up and makes some good appointments then it's OK with me

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 22 Apr 2023 22:11

Winston Biscuit If the boy Yonggey is serious about getting us back up and makes some good appointments then it's OK with me

Look out for users browsing this forum

Dai_royal2012