Tom Ince

DelBoyRodders
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Tom Ince

by DelBoyRodders » 23 Apr 2023 11:35

What has happened to Tom Ince.
Before he was sacked Paul Ince was saying he was injured - but if he is injured any idea if he'll be able to play in the final two games?
As usual when players get injured we never hear any more about them from official sources (website, social media etc) - injury update etc. the next time we read their name in print is an hour before kick-off when the teams are announced.
There was rumour s a few weeks ago Tom had fallen out with some of his team mates and wasn't injured at all.
If he is fit then regardless of any bad feeling with his team mates he needs to play in the final two games - the club's future is at stake!!
By all means sell him in the summer, but if he's fit and drawing a wage then he must play - he's been our best player for most of the season.

Webster750

Re: Tom Ince

by Webster750 » 23 Apr 2023 11:45

Noel Hunt said he wants to be here and was working to get back to fitness only 1-2 weeks ago. There's every chance he won't be back in time for the final few fixtures, though, so wouldn't surprise me if we find the answer out next season

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 23 Apr 2023 11:50

PInce said hopefully back for last 2 games at the time of the injury, but he had a follow up scan the week Ince was sacked.

Hunt said last week "one or two more" would be back in full training this week, hopefully he is one of them.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 23 Apr 2023 22:57

Hope he can play a part in the last two games but I don’t hold out much hope it will matter much

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Apr 2023 08:04

At the moment, the most I expect from him is a transfer fee in the summer, anything else is a bonus.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 24 Apr 2023 08:27

It was all too convenient that T Ince got injured the game after he threw an almighty hissy fit at anyone who didn't do the exact thing he wanted. I have a feeling we wont see him again this season until he has apologised to the team. As its been a while now I wont hold my breath.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 24 Apr 2023 09:15

If we can get him on the pitch, then I'd say do it because he should be in our starting XI really. If we can't get him on the pitch, whether that's due to injury or the club feeling we'd be better without him playing if there are issues in the dressing room, then don't try and play him.

Decide in the future what we are doing with him, depending on the division we are playing in. He could definitely still offer us something in the Championship and would bring in a fee if we were to drop to League One.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 24 Apr 2023 10:57

Real shame about Tom's injury or otherwise. Worked his butt off for us constantly. Only negative was his hissy fits.

Assuming he's fit, it's a tricky situation. Yes he's a pro and will do his best regardless, but he's also human and his dad has just been sacked. I believe he put the extra 10% effort for his dad's sake (as would I if I were him), and so not only will we lose that, but he may also have subconscious ill-feeling towards the club and not be so desperate to prove Noel comign in for Ince was a good move.

I think it's best for all involved for him to stay out of it. Tricky one though, I do like him and he'd normally be first on the team sheet for me.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 24 Apr 2023 11:23

Not a coincidence that our results trailed off with PInce's form. I feel like he was papering over a lot of problems with our squad this season.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 24 Apr 2023 11:26

Elm Park Kid Not a coincidence that our results trailed off with PInce's form. I feel like he was papering over a lot of problems with our squad this season.

I think you're getting your Inces mixed up, but I agree.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Apr 2023 12:54

Elm Park Kid Not a coincidence that our results trailed off with PInce's form. I feel like he was papering over a lot of problems with our squad this season.

He basically kept the team afloat early season

Was always going to be a major ask to keep his form and workrate up all season and looks like we broke him

Would be a massive boost if he could come back last two games

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Apr 2023 13:36

Hound

He basically kept the team afloat early season

Was always going to be a major ask to keep his form and workrate up all season and looks like we broke him

Would be a massive boost if he could come back last two games

Didn't help that his Dad basically decided to bypass him and the rest of midfield and forwards to just lump it at Carroll.

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 24 Apr 2023 15:06

Coppells Lost Coat It was all too convenient that T Ince got injured the game after he threw an almighty hissy fit at anyone who didn't do the exact thing he wanted. I have a feeling we wont see him again this season until he has apologised to the team. As its been a while now I wont hold my breath.

Yes. I didn't see this as a co-incidence that his 'injury' coincided with the hissy fit.

Once upon a time .

by Once upon a time . » 24 Apr 2023 16:10

I sympathise with Tom Ince , there’s him , a quality player , better than all the others , running his nuts off , and most of the rest , just not capable of putting in an adequate performance . Is it any wonder that he has a blast at them , I’m just amazed it took him so long .

Once upon a time .

by Once upon a time . » 24 Apr 2023 16:11

I sympathise with Tom Ince , there’s him , a quality player , better than all the others , running his nuts off , and most of the rest , just not capable of putting in an adequate performance . Is it any wonder that he has a blast at them , I’m just amazed it took him so long .

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 24 Apr 2023 16:44

Once upon a time . I sympathise with Tom Ince , there’s him , a quality player , better than all the others , running his nuts off , and most of the rest , just not capable of putting in an adequate performance . Is it any wonder that he has a blast at them , I’m just amazed it took him so long .

He definitely holds up this team and it's not surprising we've not won since he's been injured.

I'd rather get him back even if he's not 100% fit. He's our best player along with Joao and should be playing! I'm sure he won't be too affected by his dads sacking. He signed for us before PInce started. He's also contracted to us for the next 2 years so if we go down there's a chance he'll be playing league one football when I think he's too good for that league.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 25 Apr 2023 13:10

Once upon a time . I sympathise with Tom Ince , there’s him , a quality player , better than all the others , running his nuts off , and most of the rest , just not capable of putting in an adequate performance . Is it any wonder that he has a blast at them , I’m just amazed it took him so long .

Twice upon a time :wink:

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 26 Apr 2023 09:34

Royal_jimmy

He definitely holds up this team and it's not surprising we've not won since he's been injured.

I'd rather get him back even if he's not 100% fit. He's our best player along with Joao and should be playing! I'm sure he won't be too affected by his dads sacking. He signed for us before PInce started. He's also contracted to us for the next 2 years so if we go down there's a chance he'll be playing league one football when I think he's too good for that league.

Hopefully he'll be less of a diva and more of a team player now his old man's not around to blow smoke up his arse every interview. (Terrible management btw - praising your son. It's the worst bit of kids coaching)

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 27 Apr 2023 16:48

Well he's had surgery so there's a chance he's played his last game for us. I hope not though as he'd be quality in league one, possibly the best player in that division.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 28 Apr 2023 09:28

I imagine if we stay up, he might stay unless we get a good offer and he wants to go.

If we go down, he'll want to play in the Championship and once he's proven his fitness we'll undoubtedly get an offer for him which we will have to accept.

His Dad is his biggest fan, I don't see him being appointed manager anywhere anytime soon so we don't have to worry about him poaching his son to play for him.