No
17%

Total votes: 69
YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Will we go down, yes or no?

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 27 Apr 2023 15:51

Loafer
Millsy If we beat Wigan there's mathematically no way we can go down. If also beat Huddersfield and all other results go our way.

:| :| :| :| :| :| :|

another Millsy "zinger"

He's right, we can't go down this weekend if we beat Wigan.

Although survival is out of our hands at the moment I think. A bit hard to tell though as teams are playing against each other. But if we won both of our games, Huddersfield won their other 2 games (lose to us, beat Cardiff and Sheff Utd), Cardiff won their other 2 games (lose to Huddersfield, beat Rotherham and Burnley) and Rotherham won their other 2 games (lose to Cardiff, beat Wigan and Middlesbrough) then we would still go down.

We need one of these sides still within reach to drop points and/or lose somewhere, including QPR as well. I've not counted Blackpool and Wigan.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 27 Apr 2023 16:22

Orion1871 Yes.

In fact, I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if we pick up another point this season.
I'd be surprised if we didn't finish bottom of the table.

If I had to put money on us staying up or going down and the odds offered were the same I would put it on us going down and if that happens, we can't blame anyone else other than the club. Yes the 6 point deduction was a kick in the teeth but we knew it was coming and could have and should have picked up enough of a points buffer to stay above the line. The blame doesn't stop with the manager, it goes right to the top to those who failed to get rid of him or take some form of action sooner. I hear Bowen wanted to make the change sooner but there were delays/hesitation above him, Perhaps a lesson there for the Owner?

I'm not voting Yes or No because this is football and stranger things have happened, We might win our next two games and then go undefeated all next season and win the league - unlikely, but we're not down until we're mathematically down.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 27 Apr 2023 16:52

Forbury Lion
Orion1871 Yes.

In fact, I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if we pick up another point this season.
I'd be surprised if we didn't finish bottom of the table.

If I had to put money on us staying up or going down and the odds offered were the same I would put it on us going down and if that happens, we can't blame anyone else other than the club. Yes the 6 point deduction was a kick in the teeth but we knew it was coming and could have and should have picked up enough of a points buffer to stay above the line. The blame doesn't stop with the manager, it goes right to the top to those who failed to get rid of him or take some form of action sooner. I hear Bowen wanted to make the change sooner but there were delays/hesitation above him, Perhaps a lesson there for the Owner?

I'm not voting Yes or No because this is football and stranger things have happened, We might win our next two games and then go undefeated all next season and win the league - unlikely, but we're not down until we're mathematically down.

Shows another example of how grossly incompetent our owner is. He should let Bowen have a big say in it

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Apr 2023 17:37

YorkshireRoyal99
Loafer
Millsy If we beat Wigan there's mathematically no way we can go down. If also beat Huddersfield and all other results go our way.

:| :| :| :| :| :| :|

another Millsy "zinger"

He's right, we can't go down this weekend if we beat Wigan.

Although survival is out of our hands at the moment I think. A bit hard to tell though as teams are playing against each other. But if we won both of our games, Huddersfield won their other 2 games (lose to us, beat Cardiff and Sheff Utd), Cardiff won their other 2 games (lose to Huddersfield, beat Rotherham and Burnley) and Rotherham won their other 2 games (lose to Cardiff, beat Wigan and Middlesbrough) then we would still go down.

We need one of these sides still within reach to drop points and/or lose somewhere, including QPR as well. I've not counted Blackpool and Wigan.

It's not about whether he's right or not, it's about how unbelievably unfunny he is.

fred sharpes nose

by fred sharpes nose » 27 Apr 2023 20:15

Cardiff 1-0 up at Rotherham 12 minutes payed

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 28 Apr 2023 09:14

fred sharpes nose Cardiff 1-0 up at Rotherham 12 minutes payed

Rotherham 1-2 Cardiff FT