Other (please state)
8%

Total votes: 99
YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Revised new manager poll

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 01 May 2023 14:06

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99 I'm genuinely not so sure that a manager would last that long if we were to be labouring about in 16th in League One, even with all the changes that we will need to make this summer. I'm still expecting us to be in the play off places really at a minimum, anything less is an underachievement in my opinion, so I doubt anyone would be staying if we were 16th.

Can't keep sacking a manager every year.

Hope for better, but unless you're in serious danger of relegation, give them at least two summer transfer windows and 18 months, preferably 2 years.

I expect us to be a fair bit better than 16th, but we're going to need a lot of work on the squad and be relying on quite a few young players. Our midfield will be entirely new again in all probability.

We should have a three year plan and not panic if year one is a bit of a struggle.

Whilst I don't necessarily disagree, I don't think someone would be staying in charge if we were in the bottom half of the table. I'm still hoping we can go up next season if we are to go down, or at least be in the play off positions which we should be doing. A lot of changes needed, but Sheff Wednesday and Derby needed a lot of changes as well and they are both still in the play offs at least.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 01 May 2023 15:34

I've gone with the very unpopular (for many) choice of Nathan Jones.

However, if we have to rebuild with youth and up and coming prospects/older players with a point to prove), I wouldn't be adverse to Noel and Eddie being given the chance. If the scouting team can identify the right sort of players, I think Noel and Eddie could possibly do something with them.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 May 2023 15:54

Noel has shown nothing to get the role imo. Same form as under Ince, played the youth then binned them again quickly. No real improvement in play other than a bit more energy.

He isn’t ready to be a full time manager.

I think we should be top 10 next year. There’s an awful lot of crap in the division and we’ve still got the core of borderline champ/good L1 players in the squad. I’d be very suprised if we weren’t

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 01 May 2023 16:51

Hound I think we should be top 10 next year.

That very much depends on the squad that's available, Physical and mental demands will make it extremely though for any academy boys to be consistent over the course of the entire season.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 May 2023 17:16

Hound Noel has shown nothing to get the role imo. Same form as under Ince, played the youth then binned them again quickly. No real improvement in play other than a bit more energy.

I think we should be top 10 next year. There’s an awful lot of crap in the division and we’ve still got the core of borderline champ/good L1 players in the squad. I’d be very suprised if we weren’t

Bit harsh, could you really see Ince getting draws against Burnley and Luton? And we might have won Luton without the red card.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 01 May 2023 17:32

Snowflake Royal
Hound Noel has shown nothing to get the role imo. Same form as under Ince, played the youth then binned them again quickly. No real improvement in play other than a bit more energy.

Bit harsh, could you really see Ince getting draws against Burnley and Luton? And we might have won Luton without the red card.

Yes - both were playing at 50% and had nothing to play for.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 May 2023 17:38

Mid Sussex Royal
Snowflake Royal

Still enough to comfortably beat Ince's negative hoofball.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 01 May 2023 17:46

Snowflake Royal
Mid Sussex Royal
Snowflake Royal Bit harsh, could you really see Ince getting draws against Burnley and Luton? And we might have won Luton without the red card.

Not for me, I'd say Hunt has brought minor differences, but not improvements. Instead of just hoofing it, we have a little bit more energy, but just as little quality.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 May 2023 17:46

Mid Sussex Royal
Snowflake Royal

Yeah, tbf to Ince (and don’t get me wrong he had to go) he got a draw at Bristol and was a minute and some awful defending from one at promotion chasing PNE

Just don’t think we’ve looked really like winning any of the games under hunt except 15m against Luton (and first half we were piss poor)

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 01 May 2023 18:07

windermereROYAL O`Shea leading, the other two ex Man U players worked out very well didn`t they, okay so Carrick is doing well but I wouldn`t take the risk.

If you’re going to to ignore the obvious, then I’ll point out that the other two ex-Man Utd players got us to a surprise play-off final and our best ever finish including record points

Clearly both statements are wrong

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 01 May 2023 18:09

Franchise FC
windermereROYAL O`Shea leading, the other two ex Man U players worked out very well didn`t they, okay so Carrick is doing well but I wouldn`t take the risk.

If you’re going to to ignore the obvious, then I’ll point out that the other two ex-Man Utd players got us to a surprise play-off final and our best ever finish including record points

Clearly both statements are wrong

Al Al Habsi and Kermorgant got us to a fluke Play Off Final and the other one of "the other two" was clearly meant as Ince.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 01 May 2023 18:11

windermereROYAL
SCIAG

Coppell and Stam?

Don`t let the fact we reached the play-off final cloud your vision, the football was horrible, and so it proved in his 2nd season when teams figured out how to play against us, 7 wins in a calendar year told it`s own sorry story..

Best football we'd played in a long time. Not quite as good as under Pauno but still.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 May 2023 18:16

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
Mid Sussex Royal

Not for me, I'd say Hunt has brought minor differences, but not improvements. Instead of just hoofing it, we have a little bit more energy, but just as little quality.

Well Hunt isn't Paul Daniels so I'm not sure where you thought he was going to magic any quality from.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 May 2023 18:17

SCIAG
windermereROYAL
SCIAG Coppell and Stam?

Don`t let the fact we reached the play-off final cloud your vision, the football was horrible, and so it proved in his 2nd season when teams figured out how to play against us, 7 wins in a calendar year told it`s own sorry story..

Best football we'd played in a long time. Not quite as good as under Pauno but still.

You are absolutely insane.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 01 May 2023 18:21

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal Still enough to comfortably beat Ince's negative hoofball.

Well Hunt isn't Paul Daniels so I'm not sure where you thought he was going to magic any quality from.

Well normally when you change your manager you'd see some sort of improvement, I can't really say that we have seen that. Just seen some differences in Hunt to Ince, but we are still just as bad.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 May 2023 18:23

Well I can't help you see.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 01 May 2023 18:25

SCIAG
windermereROYAL
SCIAG Coppell and Stam?

Literally 12 months previously with Blackman in the form of his life under Clarke was far better than anything Mr Negative and his passing it around the back for eternity managed.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 01 May 2023 18:26

Orion1871
SCIAG
windermereROYAL

Literally 12 months previously with Blackman in the form of his life under Clarke was far better than anything Mr Negative and his passing it around the back for eternity managed.

Good shout. Lasted about six or seven games before Tshibola and Quinn got injured.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 01 May 2023 18:29

I honestly don’t know who I want as our next manager. I originally wanted Nathan Jones but I have since changed my mind. I want someone who can get us promoted in the next 1 to 3 years and can also make us competitive in the Championship. Realistically, can we find a long term manager who is capable of doing that?

I wouldn’t be totally against Joey Barton but I can appreciate that he wouldn’t be a popular choice. I had a good chat with Dave Challinor (Stockport manager) at a friend’s barbecue a while back and he impressed me. I like Michael Duff too but not sure we he’d want to leave Barnsley for us.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 May 2023 18:35

It’s got to be somebody (on the ‘off-chance’ that we get promoted before he is already sacked) capable of managing us to success in the Championship.

Otherwise, it’s just another rinse and repeat.

Obviously.

256 posts