The squad in July

644 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The squad in July

by Hound » 02 Jul 2023 21:26

Fwiw I think Ehib, Abrefa and Craig will be bench regulars coming on more often than not. Can see Abbey; Senga and Camara being semi regular in the squad and playing maybe 10-15 games all in. Carson and Clarke I don’t think have re-signed but to be sent out on loan or play u23 football tbh but will be involved a bit less than the others. Jahmari, Holzman and Jokull will look to be loaned out

CBC if he signs will be third choice or loaned out

That’s my own bit of guess work

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 02 Jul 2023 22:12

Need to start making some signings quickly. At this rate the team won't even have began gelling by the time the season starts.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 02 Jul 2023 22:25

Hound ...Jokull will look to be loaned out

CBC if he signs will be third choice or loaned out

That’s my own bit of guess work

If our youth keepers are both to be loaned -

Just wondering what we'll do for a first choice/bench keeper?

Are we going a new signing (or loan) plus Bouzanis (or vice versa)?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Jul 2023 07:46

Royal_jimmy Need to start making some signings quickly. At this rate the team won't even have began gelling by the time the season starts.

Sounds like Knibbs and Walcott are in Spain. That’s two. And reckon the lot out there will be a bit percentage of the side

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 03 Jul 2023 07:55

We seem to be without a central midfield again. Knibbs and Walcott are useful signings, but are we once again going to patch together a CM from loanees in August?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Jul 2023 08:10

WestYorksRoyal We seem to be without a central midfield again. Knibbs and Walcott are useful signings, but are we once again going to patch together a CM from loanees in August?

I'm sure they will have noticed the lack of midfielders and be working on it and/or have faith in some of the younger players already at the club.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Jul 2023 08:14

Stranded
WestYorksRoyal We seem to be without a central midfield again. Knibbs and Walcott are useful signings, but are we once again going to patch together a CM from loanees in August?

I'm sure they will have noticed the lack of midfielders and be working on it and/or have faith in some of the younger players already at the club.

Luke they've worked on it the last few seasons when's it consistently been a weak spot?

Expecting Craig and Senga to be our midfield is pretty desperate stuff, they've barely got a senior appearance between them.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 03 Jul 2023 08:28

Going to be honest, hoping that a load of youth players step up to the plate is what will have us closer to League Two than the Championship.

The club desperately needs to be honest about its financial position and learn to communicate. Something doesn’t add up.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Jul 2023 08:33

TiagoIlori Going to be honest, hoping that a load of youth players step up to the plate is what will have us closer to League Two than the Championship.

The club desperately needs to be honest about its financial position and learn to communicate. Something doesn’t add up.

A lot will become clear this week I reckon - we should see the P&S breach drop off the embargo list today and may well hear about the non-payment charge given Friday was the deadline to respond.

Selles should be announced given his visa has been approved - we are all pretty sure that Knibbs is done and training, Walcott potentially too. With luck we may see a raft of signings in the next week to 10 days.

If not, then we will likely be in for a very, very long season.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 03 Jul 2023 08:39

Stranded

I've no doubt they know. But if we're still under restrictions, we're fishing at the bottom of the pool which means it'll inevitably be loans and short term fixes too late in the window.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Jul 2023 08:50

5 or 6 more solid signings - esp in midfield - should see us pretty good. Still got loads of time yet

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 03 Jul 2023 08:51

TiagoIlori Going to be honest, hoping that a load of youth players step up to the plate is what will have us closer to League Two than the Championship.

That's my concern. I don't think these U23 players are all ready for it yet, just because they might be and just because we've dropped down a level. Assuming Dorsett resigns you'd imagine he will be involved in the first team given his age now and then a couple of others maybe.

But if we are in a position where we start relying on a high number of these players it could be tricky for us. I don't think we'd be anywhere near the bottom or anything though. That's all our own doing though.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 03 Jul 2023 12:47

Our midfield will be McIntyre and Hutchinson, which should last about ten minutes before one or both picks up a knee injury.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Jul 2023 17:32

SCIAG

Our midfield will be McIntyre and Hutchinson, which should last about ten minutes before one or both picks up a knee injury.

Christ that's a depressing first choice midfield. Two CB/DMs, yay.

At least it would fit with the usual plan to just hoof it to Carroll. No point not bypassing them.

Who is partnering Holmes at the back in this brave new world?

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 03 Jul 2023 17:44

Snowflake Royal Who is partnering Holmes at the back in this brave new world?

As with every transfer window, I'm hoping they bring in someone called Watson :D

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 03 Jul 2023 18:11

morganb

As with every transfer window, I'm hoping they bring in someone called Watson :D

Or Moriarty

Never seems to work though, we never found a Conan when Kevin Doyle was at the club

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 03 Jul 2023 18:33

Snowflake Royal
SCIAG

Christ that's a depressing first choice midfield. Two CB/DMs, yay.

At least it would fit with the usual plan to just hoof it to Carroll. No point not bypassing them.

Who is partnering Holmes at the back in this brave new world?

I dunno, Dorsett? Yiadom?
morganb

Pleased to say that not only have I seen Tom Holmes line up alongside Tennai Watson, but I've also been to a match where Tom Holmes and Ben House were both injured, so we were without House and Holmes.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Jul 2023 20:06

Sutekh
morganb

Or Moriarty

Never seems to work though, we never found a Conan when Kevin Doyle was at the club

We're more likely to sign Mrs Hudson.

retro royal

by retro royal » 07 Jul 2023 20:08

Leavy gone on loan to St Patricks https://twitter.com/stpatsfc/status/1676974780195512321 after coming back from Shelbourne

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Jul 2023 08:23

retro royal Leavy gone on loan to St Patricks https://twitter.com/stpatsfc/status/1676974780195512321 after coming back from Shelbourne

Kian isn't a Reading player, he was released at the end of June.

644 posts