The squad in July

644 posts
Crowbar6753

Re: The squad in July

by Crowbar6753 » 26 Jul 2023 19:00

Hound Guess with Dai’s latest abomination we prob need to focus on who we have already here

Still don’t think it’s at all bad if just relying more on youth than would be hoped - performances of Abbey, Craig, Senga etc can provide some encouragement.

Got quantity but not quality at the back, quality but not quantity in the midfield, couple of good strikers

Prob area that concerns me most are the attacking mids - Knibbs looks good, Azeez hasn’t impressed in preseason, Ejaria been crap for 2 years and injured. Time for one or two of the younger chaps to step forward there I think

Hi Hound, I'm hoping Camara might be that guy who can up his game and fill that AM role which we desperately need filling. To be honest, with the players that we have to come back into the squad, plus the new signings and the promising academy players we're not to far away from having a competitive squad.
Even with the embargo, maybe three more players and we're good.

Andresson

Yiadom Mbengue Holmes NGW

Wing Savage

Azeez Camara Knibbs

Smith

That's not a poor starting eleven, maybe a bit lightweight in the middle but the attacking flair should be there. The good thing though, there's no mercenaries or overpriced, over paid entitled player's just there for the pay check.....i would be happy to watch a team like this give their all for club. :D

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 26 Jul 2023 19:24

Crowbar6753
Hound Guess with Dai’s latest abomination we prob need to focus on who we have already here

Still don’t think it’s at all bad if just relying more on youth than would be hoped - performances of Abbey, Craig, Senga etc can provide some encouragement.

Got quantity but not quality at the back, quality but not quantity in the midfield, couple of good strikers

Prob area that concerns me most are the attacking mids - Knibbs looks good, Azeez hasn’t impressed in preseason, Ejaria been crap for 2 years and injured. Time for one or two of the younger chaps to step forward there I think

Hi Hound, I'm hoping Camara might be that guy who can up his game and fill that AM role which we desperately need filling. To be honest, with the players that we have to come back into the squad, plus the new signings and the promising academy players we're not to far away from having a competitive squad.
Even with the embargo, maybe three more players and we're good.

Andresson

Yiadom Mbengue Holmes NGW

Wing Savage

Azeez Camara Knibbs

Smith

That's not a poor starting eleven, maybe a bit lightweight in the middle but the attacking flair should be there. The good thing though, there's no mercenaries or overpriced, over paid entitled player's just there for the pay check.....i would be happy to watch a team like this give their all for club. :D

Yeah, that doesn’t look too bad, I certainly think Andresson should be our number one choice. Senga in Midfield has something about him as does Craig.

Anyway, I now feel confident that all will be good.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 26 Jul 2023 19:47

Were the new signings lied to? why else would they join a club in such a mess?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 26 Jul 2023 19:51

windermereROYAL Were the new signings lied to? why else would they join a club in such a mess?

It’s public knowledge and not exactly hush hush so they’d be aware, I’d imagine that Robbie would have made his son aware of joining a basket case club but here we are.

644 posts