MATCHWATCH : Huddersfield Town (a)

192 posts
Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Huddersfield Town (a)

by Notts Royal » 08 May 2023 21:42

Royal_jimmy Our away record has been absolutely diabolical. Joint worst ever away record we've had below the premier league in our history.

Needs to improve massively the way we're set up. Hopefully signing a new crop of players should help us do that as this shit team would lose at teams like Forest Green and Morecambe.

Well just as well we won’t have to face Forest Green or Morecambe next season then!

biff

by biff » 08 May 2023 21:43

Joao had the heart of a mouse. Fucck off

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 08 May 2023 21:47

Sutekh Noel Hunt revealed post match he’s not at all happy with Joao who apparently called him on Thursday to say he didn’t want to be involved today. Thank god Lucas won’t be here next season.

A big LOL at Ian Royal.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 08 May 2023 21:50

It took him failing to turn up for the last game of his time at the club for people to catch on.

Oh well.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 08 May 2023 21:54

Snowflake Royal
Vision Reading players going over to the Reading fans and getting the middle finger and oxf*rd signs. :lol:

I get that for some of the major disappointments, but that's unnecessary for the likes of CBC, Holmes, McIntyre, Senga, Azeez, Camara, Mbengue, Abrefa et al.

Here we go again, "You don't win anything with foreign players and kids" btw where is your other favourite Loum? did he also refuse to play?

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 08 May 2023 21:58

Snowflake Royal
Vision Reading players going over to the Reading fans and getting the middle finger and oxf*rd signs. :lol:

I get that for some of the major disappointments, but that's unnecessary for the likes of CBC, Holmes, McIntyre, Senga, Azeez, Camara, Mbengue, Abrefa et al.

A lot of those have been significant parts of the reason we finished where we did. Whilst I don't like to see it, they won't just not get the same treatment because they are/were an academy/young player (or both). Obviously unfair on the likes of CBC, Camara, Senga and Abrefa who have featured very little, but not the rest.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 May 2023 22:14

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal

A lot of those have been significant parts of the reason we finished where we did. Whilst I don't like to see it, they won't just not get the same treatment because they are/were an academy/young player (or both). Obviously unfair on the likes of CBC, Camara, Senga and Abrefa who have featured very little, but not the rest.

Holmes, McIntyre and Mbengue are the only ones in that bunch to start more than 5 games. Mbengue has no experience and has actually done alright. Holmes was easily our best defender early season and has done okish since, and McIntyre has been played here there and everywhere and done ok. And the former two cannot be faulted for effort or commitment even if you don't think they're good enough.

The team that ended the match was mostly Academy graduates.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 May 2023 06:31

Getthebeerens
Sutekh Noel Hunt revealed post match he’s not at all happy with Joao who apparently called him on Thursday to say he didn’t want to be involved today. Thank god Lucas won’t be here next season.

Loum, Fornah and Rahman also decided they didn’t want to play despite being fit.

All loans and I wouldn’t want any of them back anyway, though I believe Rahman was actually classed out injured for the season. Overall, if true, it’s extremely unprofessional and hope their parent clubs take some disciplinary action against them as it won’t help those player’s reputations.

Getthebeerens

by Getthebeerens » 09 May 2023 07:06

Sutekh
Getthebeerens

Loum, Fornah and Rahman also decided they didn’t want to play despite being fit.

All loans and I wouldn’t want any of them back anyway, though I believe Rahman was actually classed out injured for the season. Overall, if true, it’s extremely unprofessional and hope their parent clubs take some disciplinary action against them as it won’t help those player’s reputations.

It just shows the kind of characters we have had to recruit. All about themselves rather than the team. Really hope we avoid so many loans next season.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 09 May 2023 07:06

AthleticoSpizz
Royal_jimmy
paultheroyal Utterly dreadful and no positives for anyone today.

That is Noel Hunt toast for the job full time which is hopefully a good thing.

Massive clear out incoming. There is a spine of a team we can build from but an exciting summer build incoming.

Bowen needs to back his statement and help build a team, starting with the right appointment of manager and back room staff.

Some good games to look forward to next year and excited about the bit of unknown but still hurts to see Huddersfield celebrating and other teams above us.

URZ.

I'm just happy this miserable season is over now tbh. These players have nearly given me a mental breakdown on numerous occasions.
yes of course DD

:?

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 09 May 2023 08:35

Sutekh
Getthebeerens

Well, what a surprise, and Ejaria?

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 09 May 2023 08:50

Getthebeerens
Sutekh
Getthebeerens

It just shows the kind of characters we have had to recruit. All about themselves rather than the team. Really hope we avoid so many loans next season.

And all we were saying at the start of the campaign was that this team was a bunch of fighters and we will have had the spirit that we haven't had for a few years previous (myself included in that as well at times). Shows what we know. Then again, can we blame loanees for not wanting to play in a dead rubber?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 09 May 2023 08:52

Yes we can. HTH.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 09 May 2023 08:53

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal I get that for some of the major disappointments, but that's unnecessary for the likes of CBC, Holmes, McIntyre, Senga, Azeez, Camara, Mbengue, Abrefa et al.

Holmes, McIntyre and Mbengue are the only ones in that bunch to start more than 5 games. Mbengue has no experience and has actually done alright. Holmes was easily our best defender early season and has done okish since, and McIntyre has been played here there and everywhere and done ok. And the former two cannot be faulted for effort or commitment even if you don't think they're good enough.

Exactly, so Holmes, McIntyre and Mbengue have played significant parts in why we finished where we did, rightfully criticised. Azeez to a lesser extent but still can come in for criticism as he was very poor yesterday and obviously the others it will apply to less because they haven't featured too much.

It's not necessarily about whether I think they're good enough or not (I think all 3 can play at Championship standard), but they've been part of a very poor side for much of this season so do deserve criticism. Individually, they aren't our worst performers, but collectively they can come in for criticism, or at least I understand it anyway.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 May 2023 09:30

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99

Exactly, so Holmes, McIntyre and Mbengue have played significant parts in why we finished where we did, rightfully criticised. Azeez to a lesser extent but still can come in for criticism as he was very poor yesterday and obviously the others it will apply to less because they haven't featured too much.

It's not necessarily about whether I think they're good enough or not (I think all 3 can play at Championship standard), but they've been part of a very poor side for much of this season so do deserve criticism. Individually, they aren't our worst performers, but collectively they can come in for criticism, or at least I understand it anyway.

:|

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 09 May 2023 14:54

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal

There is a difference between giving someone "criticism" and giving them the finger.

As long as players have given fans respect then they should get it back. Booing, jeering, swearing, that should either be heat of the moment or reserved for disrespectful Mills-like behaviour. Swearing at someone who has come over to acknowledge you is just a dick move.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 09 May 2023 15:20

SCIAG
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal I get that for some of the major disappointments, but that's unnecessary for the likes of CBC, Holmes, McIntyre, Senga, Azeez, Camara, Mbengue, Abrefa et al.

There is a difference between giving someone "criticism" and giving them the finger.

As long as players have given fans respect then they should get it back. Booing, jeering, swearing, that should either be heat of the moment or reserved for disrespectful Mills-like behaviour. Swearing at someone who has come over to acknowledge you is just a dick move.

Tbh they deserve worse then that , getting the finger is kind for the crap that they've given this year

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 May 2023 16:00

karbota
Sutekh
Getthebeerens

Well, what a surprise, and Ejaria?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 10 May 2023 12:43

Hound
URZZZZ

So about the same contribution as last weekend then? Must win game against Wigan and he was dreadful. Didn’t look remotely interested

Another poor signing, 3 months here and there doesn’t cut it. Glad we’re shot of him

He’s a weird one. Goals almost got us to the play offs and kept us up last year. Could be unplayable or terrible. Don’t think he could be classed as a poor signing with his record and actually thought he was ok last week in generally poor and negative performance by the team mind you

I think he can be classed as a pretty poor signing overall. One of our major downfalls in recent seasons has been a lack of consistency within the “key” players. The odd good run here and there doesn’t cut it. It’s not good enough.

Let’s see:
- Poor under Gomes
- Injured under Bowen (aside from that “4” game Christmas period)
- Very good for the first 5 months under Paunovic
- Yet ultimately a big reason as to why we didn’t make the playoffs, offered very little post January
- Injured most of last season
- Offered nothing this season

Sure, comparatively to our other “big name” signings, he’s stood out but has he represented value for money? No chance. Maybe on reflection, poor signing is harsh but I’m not particularly enamoured for a 5/6 million signing that was pretty much invisible for 75% of the time he was here (through injury or poor form)

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 10 May 2023 13:09

URZZZZ
Hound
URZZZZ
So about the same contribution as last weekend then? Must win game against Wigan and he was dreadful. Didn’t look remotely interested

Another poor signing, 3 months here and there doesn’t cut it. Glad we’re shot of him

He’s a weird one. Goals almost got us to the play offs and kept us up last year. Could be unplayable or terrible. Don’t think he could be classed as a poor signing with his record and actually thought he was ok last week in generally poor and negative performance by the team mind you

I think he can be classed as a pretty poor signing overall. One of our major downfalls in recent seasons has been a lack of consistency within the “key” players. The odd good run here and there doesn’t cut it. It’s not good enough.

Let’s see:
- Poor under Gomes
- Injured under Bowen (aside from that “4” game Christmas period)
- Very good for the first 5 months under Paunovic
- Yet ultimately a big reason as to why we didn’t make the playoffs, offered very little post January
- Injured most of last season
- Offered nothing this season

Sure, comparatively to our other “big name” signings, he’s stood out but has he represented value for money? No chance. Maybe on reflection, poor signing is harsh but I’m not particularly enamoured for a 5/6 million signing that was pretty much invisible for 75% of the time he was here (through injury or poor form)

Might have done something useful this season had negative Nigel actually sat down and developed an attacking strategy but would agree was largely a complete waste of money. Think he'll return to the continent where his "style" might be a better fit.

192 posts