CONFIMRED - Relegation

197 posts
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: CONFIMRED - Relegation

by CountryRoyal » 04 May 2023 22:51

Sutekh
Hound Was basically resigned to it as soon as the points deduction happened. So it’s very disappointing but used to the idea now

A particularly shitty Cherry on top of a miserable 5-6 years or so

The main damage was done that awful summer when we spent a fortune on rubbish - the likes of Aluko etc. this was always the inevitable outcome - thank god it’s now at a time when we should be in a position to recover

The blame is the owner and the conveyer belt of appointments of utter ******* useless nobwits as manager to spend the colossal fortune. And not just appointing them but letting them go on and on and on and on when it was quite obvious they were out of their depth or just not up to it. Least you can’t say Reading don’t give their managers time :roll:

Yeah you can’t say it’s not been coming.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 May 2023 22:51

Finger pointing is difficult.

It's hard to pin it on one individual or thing. It's a whole catalogue of blame.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 04 May 2023 22:51

Been a car crash almost from the day we got promoted back up to the Prem. Signing wasters like Guthrie and Pogrebnyak (in which the fans sided with these sort of “players” over the real ones that had got us promoted), this is the consequence

Lesson to be learnt in how to operate successfully in the transfer market, being astute into actually signing players that can bring value into a squad rather than just “splashing the cash”

Nothing screams out where we’ve gone so wrong as to spending 7 million on an erratic attacking midfielder and asking him to hug the touchline and the fans predictably turning on the player when in reality, he didn’t stand a chance

Dreadful management, appointment after appointment and this is what happens

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 04 May 2023 22:52

What does COMFINRED mean?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 May 2023 22:53

Orion1871
Millsy
Lower West Inevitable

No doubt the owners will continue to remain absent.

Though the danger is that their interest will wane. As there's no longer £ to be played for.

Bigger danger is demonstrations against the clueless corrupt tossers.

:lol: , "demonstrations". This isn't Derby where thousands walked through the streets protesting. When our fans had a "protest" last year there were about 100-150 outside the club shop.

There is a 20+ page thread on here asking people what they're looking forward to about League 1. People, outside of a few 100, aren't going to be demonstrating.

If signing Aluko for £7.5m doesn’t get people out demonstrating then relegation certainly won’t.

Rax

by Rax » 04 May 2023 22:53

Sutekh
Hound Was basically resigned to it as soon as the points deduction happened. So it’s very disappointing but used to the idea now

A particularly shitty Cherry on top of a miserable 5-6 years or so

The main damage was done that awful summer when we spent a fortune on rubbish - the likes of Aluko etc. this was always the inevitable outcome - thank god it’s now at a time when we should be in a position to recover

The blame is the owner and the conveyer belt of appointments of utter ******* useless nobwits as manager to spend the colossal fortune. And not just appointing them but letting them go on and on and on and on when it was quite obvious they were out of their depth or just not up to it. Least you can’t say Reading don’t give their managers time :roll:

This - although I had a lot of sympahy for Gomes as it was clear this was his dream job - got us Oliveira on loan and kept us up just about (rinse and repeat) - the slide actually started when Brian 2 was fired and Stam took over - it took a season for clubs to work us out but even in that play off season we took a couple of tonkings!

fartdad
Hob Nob Regular

by fartdad » 04 May 2023 22:54

you see a team like Brighton who were playing at a shit hole like the withdean and get a Madejski-like figure at the helm and turn a team into premier league play off contenders… but hey we got good youth facilities :roll: our ownership represents our team, our stadium, our city.. soulless - soulless owners who don’t give a shit about the team or city.. our team who doesn’t give a shit about winning.. and our stadium a soulless flat pack shit hole !! Poor Noel hunt.. he tried.. but he’s from that era that has passed.. that identity is gone and we’ve never discovered a new one.. can’t even buy fecking jerseys for holibobs..

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 May 2023 22:55

CountryRoyal
genome Well, there you go. I had held out hope probably longer than most that we might randomly pull something miraculous out but it's League One football next season. If, for one, might get a season ticket. :lol:

How are you all feeling at this moment?

I’ll get one if not just for Oxford away alone.

Looking forward to ticking off some new grounds but the football will be shit, and I reckon we’d go down sooner than going back up.

And the actual difference is?

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 04 May 2023 22:55

I really thought I'd feel much worse, maybe deep inside i must have resigned myself to this eventuality lol, well hopefully that'll be the EFL off our backs for a while now that they've finally got their wish!!!

So we've finally got that big chance to reset the club!! hopefully Dai will buy into this and allow Bowen to work his magic, which must start with the correct appointment of a new manager. I actually believe we are an attractive appointment for any new manager!! and should have no problem once Bowen deliver's his sales pitch.

Attracting young hungry players know we are out of the embargo shouldn't be to much of an issue with our Academy and facilities...and with the right appointments i really believe we should be aiming at a healthy mid table to play-off push which after these past five seasons will feel like a breath of fresh air!!

This will probably be the most excited I've been looking forward to an off season in a long time.

Onwards and upwards....URZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 04 May 2023 22:59

Lower West
Millsy
Lower West Inevitable

No doubt the owners will continue to remain absent.

Though the danger is that their interest will wane. As there's no longer £ to be played for.

Bigger danger is demonstrations against the clueless corrupt tossers.

Why would they care? Football is just another business to them.

I very much doubt that. They wouldn't have got as rich as they have if they'd chosen football as their business to make a fortune. If it is a 'business' it's very different from any normal businesses, with the exception of the very biggest, richest clubs in the top leagues around the world.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 04 May 2023 23:03

BUGGER, good night.

Bristol Paul

by Bristol Paul » 04 May 2023 23:06

Loafer i called it 7 years ago

Lol. Not exactly mystic Meg

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 04 May 2023 23:07

We were relegated weeks ago. It could have happened any time in the last 5 years. I am worried about the future e have no idea who the owners are except there previous 2 clubs went out of business.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 May 2023 23:10

CountryRoyal
genome

Distressing use of capital letters aside, it seems Carroll will be staying.

I’d say “he’ll fcuking destroy that league” but at this point, with Reading, I don’t even know anything anymore.

Sorry I’m not au fait with whatever app this text purporting to be Andy is from, is it actually for real or is it just a fan or someone dribbling into their world view?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 May 2023 23:14

Jackson Corner We were relegated weeks ago. It could have happened any time in the last 5 years. I am worried about the future e have no idea who the owners are except there previous 2 clubs went out of business.

Not exactly previous clubs as he owned all three at the same time so perhaps the other two were just quietly “dropped” to allow him to concentrate on the club in the highest profile league.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 04 May 2023 23:16

Jackson Corner We were relegated weeks ago. It could have happened any time in the last 5 years. I am worried about the future e have no idea who the owners are except there previous 2 clubs went out of business.

Serious question, are you this miserable in real life? I don`t think I`ve ever seen a positive post from you. chill the fuck out man.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 May 2023 23:23

Brogue
NathStPaul Life goes on.

sadly for some of the behind the scenes staff Reading FC life will not go on.

:| no one died

Rax

by Rax » 04 May 2023 23:23

Sutekh
CountryRoyal
genome

Distressing use of capital letters aside, it seems Carroll will be staying.

I’d say “he’ll fcuking destroy that league” but at this point, with Reading, I don’t even know anything anymore.

Sorry I’m not au fait with whatever app this text purporting to be Andy is from, is it actually for real or is it just a fan or someone dribbling into their world view?

AC does use that style of text on Twitter and has the verified tick so first impression says it's genuine....

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 May 2023 23:28

Thank oxf*rd that's finally over and we can move on.

Be nice to get a morale boosting win away on the final day, but whatever, as long as we put this shit season and shitter ten years behind us with some actual good decision making and sound running of the club.

Been pretty likely for years now.

Here's to a better season next year.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 04 May 2023 23:30

Snowflake Royal
Brogue
NathStPaul Life goes on.

sadly for some of the behind the scenes staff Reading FC life will not go on.

:| no one died

You callous c[u]nt. :lol:

197 posts