CONFIMRED - Relegation

197 posts
Rax

Re: CONFIMRED - Relegation

by Rax » 04 May 2023 23:31

Rax
Sutekh
CountryRoyal
I’d say “he’ll fcuking destroy that league” but at this point, with Reading, I don’t even know anything anymore.

Sorry I’m not au fait with whatever app this text purporting to be Andy is from, is it actually for real or is it just a fan or someone dribbling into their world view?

AC does use that style of text on Twitter and has the verified tick so first impression says it's genuine....

Looking at AC's real Twitter would suggest it's fake, unfortunately....

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 May 2023 23:33

Orion1871
Snowflake Royal
Brogue
sadly for some of the behind the scenes staff Reading FC life will not go on.

:| no one died

You callous c[u]nt. :lol:

This 'oh won't someone think of the jobs' stick to beat people up with is oxf*rd bullshit. Like any of you gave a toss before it came to point scoring on here or about any of the staff at Blackpool, Wigan or Huddersfield if it had been them instead.

Three clubs get relegated. Every. Single. Season.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 May 2023 23:34

Rax
Rax
Sutekh
Sorry I’m not au fait with whatever app this text purporting to be Andy is from, is it actually for real or is it just a fan or someone dribbling into their world view?

AC does use that style of text on Twitter and has the verified tick so first impression says it's genuine....

Looking at AC's real Twitter would suggest it's fake, unfortunately....

That's Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr1eF-7LzmG/

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 04 May 2023 23:35

Snowflake Royal
Orion1871
Snowflake Royal :| no one died

This 'oh won't someone think of the jobs' stick to beat people up with is oxf*rd bullshit. Like any of you gave a toss before it came to point scoring on here or about any of the staff at Blackpool, Wigan or Huddersfield if it had been them instead.

Besides, how many jobs were even left? Looking at the financial reports we already slashed staff numbers massively over recent seasons.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 04 May 2023 23:45

RoyalBlue
Lower West
Millsy
Bigger danger is demonstrations against the clueless corrupt tossers.

Why would they care? Football is just another business to them.

I very much doubt that. They wouldn't have got as rich as they have if they'd chosen football as their business to make a fortune. If it is a 'business' it's very different from any normal businesses, with the exception of the very biggest, richest clubs in the top leagues around the world.

I suspect that their way of doing business has a lot to do with their success. As in Russia. People don't become billionaires by chance. The fact that the 6 point deduction was nailed on months ago sums up their deceitful nature towards us the supporters.

Not sure that the Dai's other investments are going that well. Seems that he is party to guaranteeing some £133 million of loans. Their business empire shares having been suspended since the end of October.

http://www.diligrp.com/webfile/upload/2 ... 436561.pdf

A lot more going on. That could have a direct impact on the club. Given that it is China we are talking about. Jack Ma of Alibaba fame being an example of what can happen to you when the party disapproves.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 May 2023 23:48

Uke Oh well, Posh away next season…

But no Cambridge

Cambridge are not yet relegated.

1 point behind Morcambe and MK Dons with1 game to play.

They're at home v bottom of the table Forest Green, whilst Morcambe and MK are against mid-table Exeter and the Burton side that just beat the Us.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 04 May 2023 23:50

Snowflake Royal
Orion1871
Snowflake Royal :| no one died

Can't believe I'm agreeing with the 2nd biggest bellend on the board

But Ian Is right

Clubs get relegated all the time

People lose jobs all the time

Life moves on

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 04 May 2023 23:56

Lower West
RoyalBlue
Lower West
Why would they care? Football is just another business to them.

I very much doubt that. They wouldn't have got as rich as they have if they'd chosen football as their business to make a fortune. If it is a 'business' it's very different from any normal businesses, with the exception of the very biggest, richest clubs in the top leagues around the world.

I suspect that their way of doing business has a lot to do with their success. As in Russia. People don't become billionaires by chance. The fact that the 6 point deduction was nailed on months ago sums up their deceitful nature towards us the supporters.

Not sure that the Dai's other investments are going that well. Seems that he is party to guaranteeing some £133 million of loans. Their business empire shares having been suspended since the end of October.

http://www.diligrp.com/webfile/upload/2 ... 436561.pdf

A lot more going on. That could have a direct impact on the club. Given that it is China we are talking about. Jack Ma of Alibaba fame being an example of what can happen to you when the party disapproves.

Exactly this. There's a world of difference between someone who's made it rich in a relatively proper democratic country and those who have 'achieved' it in sh*thole corrupt places. Absolutely disgusting and shocking the level of incompetence displayed by these tossers.
Last edited by Millsy on 04 May 2023 23:59, edited 1 time in total.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 04 May 2023 23:57

Orion1871
Millsy
Lower West Inevitable

No doubt the owners will continue to remain absent.

Though the danger is that their interest will wane. As there's no longer £ to be played for.

Bigger danger is demonstrations against the clueless corrupt tossers.

:lol: , "demonstrations". This isn't Derby where thousands walked through the streets protesting. When our fans had a "protest" last year there were about 100-150 outside the club shop.

There is a 20+ page thread on here asking people what they're looking forward to about League 1. People, outside of a few 100, aren't going to be demonstrating.

It's almost like you're suggesting Reading FC is one of the most apathetic clubs in the country.

Oh hang on....

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 05 May 2023 00:00

windermereROYAL
Jackson Corner We were relegated weeks ago. It could have happened any time in the last 5 years. I am worried about the future e have no idea who the owners are except there previous 2 clubs went out of business.

Serious question, are you this miserable in real life? I don`t think I`ve ever seen a positive post from you. chill the fuck out man.

I am a very nice man but 40 years of supporting Reading does this to you. I love the club but it just hurts like hell the way we have gone not just this season. But the several previous ones. I look at other clubs and think why can’t we be like that? How can a poxy club like Bournemouth go from one game of dropping out the league to premiership in that rubbish ground. And it’s not new when we were at EP while we drifted in the bottom divisions. Watford went through the leagues. Oxford did so and won the league cup. Wimbledon who joined the league 50 years after us went all the way and won the cup. Even Swindon Have a league cup and a championship play off win. For a few glorious years I thought that’s it at worse we will be an average challenging team like Swansea. I never thought we would ever return to being a complete laughing stock and trust me there is nothing more depressing than playing Blackpool on a cold February evening in an empty stadium.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 05 May 2023 00:12

This relegation really really hurts. I am devastated. We deserve it because we've been so badly run. It just increases my hate towards the owner who has to fix this mess we're in. Start running the club properly, hire a proper manager and not throw money at shit overrated players.

I won't accept anything below a top 6 finish in league one next year, it's a massive drop in quality in that league. We should be going into every game expecting 3 points.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 05 May 2023 00:14

Loafer
Orion1871 Numb.

It doesn't feel real. Literally nothing went for us in the last few weeks whilst equally poor teams around us somehow pulled off miracles.

Will be a very long time until we are even near getting back to Championship level.

its just a game

No it isn't to fans who genuinely care about the football club. If my missus said that to me I'd be pretty pissed

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 05 May 2023 00:17

Uke Oh well, Posh away next season…

But no Cambridge

Cambridge is a shit ground

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 05 May 2023 00:27

Royal_jimmy
Loafer
Orion1871 Numb.

It doesn't feel real. Literally nothing went for us in the last few weeks whilst equally poor teams around us somehow pulled off miracles.

Will be a very long time until we are even near getting back to Championship level.

its just a game

No it isn't to fans who genuinely care about the football club. If my missus said that to me I'd be pretty pissed

:lol:

Did anybody die

Forest Gump

by Forest Gump » 05 May 2023 00:28

Webster750 Ah, and Paul Ince having a good laugh on Sky Sports to top it off. The guvna.

Best he sticks to punditry rather than something which requires thought and planning.

Hudders got Warnock. We got Ince. Hudders are staying up!

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 05 May 2023 00:32

Crowbar6753 I really thought I'd feel much worse, maybe deep inside i must have resigned myself to this eventuality lol, well hopefully that'll be the EFL off our backs for a while now that they've finally got their wish!!!

So we've finally got that big chance to reset the club!! hopefully Dai will buy into this and allow Bowen to work his magic, which must start with the correct appointment of a new manager. I actually believe we are an attractive appointment for any new manager!! and should have no problem once Bowen deliver's his sales pitch.

Attracting young hungry players know we are out of the embargo shouldn't be to much of an issue with our Academy and facilities...and with the right appointments i really believe we should be aiming at a healthy mid table to play-off push which after these past five seasons will feel like a breath of fresh air!!

This will probably be the most excited I've been looking forward to an off season in a long time.

Onwards and upwards....URZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

What's exciting about playing Stevenage and Port Vale twice?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 05 May 2023 00:36

Snowflake Royal
Brogue
NathStPaul Life goes on.

sadly for some of the behind the scenes staff Reading FC life will not go on.

:| no one died

You got your wish of relegation, wanting people losing jobs etc. People I know who might lose theirs now. No guarantee we'll get back to the championship immediately although we should be knocking on the door for promotion, if the owner walks away etc. we are really screwed and could end up doing a Southend.

Hate criticizing other fans but please in future be careful what you wish for.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 05 May 2023 00:38

Snowflake Royal Thank oxf*rd that's finally over and we can move on.

Be nice to get a morale boosting win away on the final day, but whatever, as long as we put this shit season and shitter ten years behind us with some actual good decision making and sound running of the club.

Been pretty likely for years now.

Here's to a better season next year.

Lol how is losing to shit like Lincoln City and Fleetwood better?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 05 May 2023 00:42

Loafer
Royal_jimmy
Loafer its just a game

:lol:

Did anybody die

Mate I've lost a lot of my family, some to Covid. That is worse but this hurts. Sorry for me being a passionate fan

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 05 May 2023 00:53

Stranded Deserved and very calm about it but my job doesn't depend on it. Worth pointing out, that even without the deduction, we would be having to go to Huddersfield not being certain of safety, thats how bad we've been for the last few months.

Not buying into the existensial crisis - we'll be fine, may take a few years to rebuild but half the clubs in the Championship have been in a similar position or worse and to be honest, with no restrictions and different spending rules, the rebuild may well be easier in L1 now.

It's not great but its happened.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This

197 posts