CONFIMRED - Relegation

197 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: CONFIMRED - Relegation

by Sutekh » 05 May 2023 07:15

Royal_jimmy
Crowbar6753 I really thought I'd feel much worse, maybe deep inside i must have resigned myself to this eventuality lol, well hopefully that'll be the EFL off our backs for a while now that they've finally got their wish!!!

So we've finally got that big chance to reset the club!! hopefully Dai will buy into this and allow Bowen to work his magic, which must start with the correct appointment of a new manager. I actually believe we are an attractive appointment for any new manager!! and should have no problem once Bowen deliver's his sales pitch.

Attracting young hungry players know we are out of the embargo shouldn't be to much of an issue with our Academy and facilities...and with the right appointments i really believe we should be aiming at a healthy mid table to play-off push which after these past five seasons will feel like a breath of fresh air!!

This will probably be the most excited I've been looking forward to an off season in a long time.

Onwards and upwards....URZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

What's exciting about playing Stevenage and Port Vale twice?

What’s exciting about playing Luton and Stoke twice? Same dreary areas of the country same cr@ppy types of ground. Least IF Reading did bounce straight back (and they have done that before after a relegation with the club in a mess (83-84)) the club will be better off as it would have had a winning season which is lot better to have than another struggling load of god awful cr@p in the higher division.

Just want next season to start now so we can see how the club stacks up.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 05 May 2023 07:17

Royal_jimmy
Snowflake Royal
Brogue
sadly for some of the behind the scenes staff Reading FC life will not go on.

:| no one died

You got your wish of relegation, wanting people losing jobs etc. People I know who might lose theirs now. No guarantee we'll get back to the championship immediately although we should be knocking on the door for promotion, if the owner walks away etc. we are really screwed and could end up doing a Southend.

Hate criticizing other fans but please in future be careful what you wish for.

People lose jobs all the time, why are you fixated on that?

Did you give a toss about any of the other relegated teams and jobs being lost?

Weak sauce bro

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 05 May 2023 07:18

Royal_jimmy
Loafer
Royal_jimmy
No it isn't to fans who genuinely care about the football club. If my missus said that to me I'd be pretty pissed

:lol:

Did anybody die

Mate I've lost a lot of my family, some to Covid. That is worse but this hurts. Sorry for me being a passionate fan

Can't believe you're putting covid in a sentence and comparing it to a team going down

Ffs give your head a wobble

Go watch non league like I do, it's much better

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 05 May 2023 07:30

It has happened now, so we have to embrace the fact and get prepared as best we can for League 1 next season.

There is one key person right now - Bowen. He can drive things forward in a positive manner and be an agent of reconstruction.

Top of the agenda; a new Manager. Do we keep Noel? He does know the younger players - players who are going to be vital for us next season (and beyond) and obviously knows the club. If we get rid of Noel, who to bring in? Can we afford 6 months of disruption as a new guy beds in?

Next item - get rid of the overpaid players; frankly, we can't afford them any longer, especially as they haven't prevented us from getting relegated.

Finally, decide what sort of team we are going to have next season and play a system to their strengths and to maximise our competitiveness.

League 1 will be a slog; just ask Pompey, Derby, Bolton and Sheffield Wednesday fans. But it may also herald new opportunities for the club - we just have to make the best of it.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 05 May 2023 07:59

Royal_jimmy
Uke Oh well, Posh away next season…

But no Cambridge

Cambridge is a shit ground

I know, but I missed shit grounds which inevitably have more character than a soulless modern stadium

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 May 2023 08:23

I've woken up more pissed off at Paul Ince laughing and joking on Sky Sports than us actually getting relegated. What a pcunt.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 05 May 2023 08:25

Sutekh
Royal_jimmy
Crowbar6753 I really thought I'd feel much worse, maybe deep inside i must have resigned myself to this eventuality lol, well hopefully that'll be the EFL off our backs for a while now that they've finally got their wish!!!

So we've finally got that big chance to reset the club!! hopefully Dai will buy into this and allow Bowen to work his magic, which must start with the correct appointment of a new manager. I actually believe we are an attractive appointment for any new manager!! and should have no problem once Bowen deliver's his sales pitch.

Attracting young hungry players know we are out of the embargo shouldn't be to much of an issue with our Academy and facilities...and with the right appointments i really believe we should be aiming at a healthy mid table to play-off push which after these past five seasons will feel like a breath of fresh air!!

This will probably be the most excited I've been looking forward to an off season in a long time.

Onwards and upwards....URZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

What's exciting about playing Stevenage and Port Vale twice?

What’s exciting about playing Luton and Stoke twice? Same dreary areas of the country same cr@ppy types of ground. Least IF Reading did bounce straight back (and they have done that before after a relegation with the club in a mess (83-84)) the club will be better off as it would have had a winning season which is lot better to have than another struggling load of god awful cr@p in the higher division.

Just want next season to start now so we can see how the club stacks up.

Better players

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 05 May 2023 08:28

Loafer
Royal_jimmy
Snowflake Royal :| no one died

You got your wish of relegation, wanting people losing jobs etc. People I know who might lose theirs now. No guarantee we'll get back to the championship immediately although we should be knocking on the door for promotion, if the owner walks away etc. we are really screwed and could end up doing a Southend.

Weak sauce bro

As I told you I have close contacts who might lose a job. Wishing people out of work is spiteful. Maybe when you lose your job when you have mortgage/rent and bills to pay I'll say that to you? But yes life goes on

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 05 May 2023 08:32

Royal_jimmy
Loafer
Royal_jimmy

Weak sauce bro

As I told you I have close contacts who might lose a job. Wishing people out of work is spiteful. Maybe when you lose your job when you have mortgage/rent and bills to pay I'll say that to you? But yes life goes on

I did lose my job. Got a part time one to tie us over for a bit and sucked it up even though it was just driving deliveries for tesco during covid 1st lot, and then got a new full time job after 3 months.

I didn't expect a pity party from anybody.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 05 May 2023 08:35

genome I've woken up more pissed off at Paul Ince laughing and joking on Sky Sports than us actually getting relegated. What a pcunt.

Yep, wound me right up.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 05 May 2023 08:35

Mr Angry It has happened now, so we have to embrace the fact and get prepared as best we can for League 1 next season.

There is one key person right now - Bowen. He can drive things forward in a positive manner and be an agent of reconstruction.

Top of the agenda; a new Manager. Do we keep Noel? He does know the younger players - players who are going to be vital for us next season (and beyond) and obviously knows the club. If we get rid of Noel, who to bring in? Can we afford 6 months of disruption as a new guy beds in?

Next item - get rid of the overpaid players; frankly, we can't afford them any longer, especially as they haven't prevented us from getting relegated.

Finally, decide what sort of team we are going to have next season and play a system to their strengths and to maximise our competitiveness.

League 1 will be a slog; just ask Pompey, Derby, Bolton and Sheffield Wednesday fans. But it may also herald new opportunities for the club - we just have to make the best of it.

Post of the thread. We're going to be against some huge dross but at least our overpaid dress will be gone. There's very few players I want here next season, they'll be lucky to get championship clubs. João, Ince and Meite will but the rest won't.

The club needs to get on with it and appoint a new manager as soon as possible, not in July when we've got past pre-season. Bowen has a big summer ahead and I feel for the guy a bit, he's had to pick up the pieces since he returned. I love Noel but I hope he doesn't get the job, rather see it go to someone with experience of the league for a change (Cowley, Wellens even Karl Robinson :oops:).
Last edited by Royal_jimmy on 05 May 2023 08:37, edited 1 time in total.

Steve_Upper_West

by Steve_Upper_West » 05 May 2023 08:36

genome Finger pointing is difficult.

It's hard to pin it on one individual or thing. It's a whole catalogue of blame.

Sadly for me it all began a long way back in our 2nd Premiership season. The team lost focus after we fielded the reserves against Cardiff in the FA cup and lost. It started a dire run of games which ultimately led to relegation. Had we survived 2nd season syndrome we may well have emulated Bournemouth or Brighton, all the pieces were in place including plans to expand the stadium.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 May 2023 08:38

Royal_jimmy
Loafer
Royal_jimmy

Weak sauce bro

No one wants anyone to lose a job, but it's a reality of football.

Where were your complaints about people losing jobs in any of the last 3 seasons where we cut back because of Covid or slashed our wage bill by almost £10m a season?

No where, because you're only bringing it up to make personal attacks on people who aren't acting like the manchild you are.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 05 May 2023 08:42

Steve_Upper_West
genome Finger pointing is difficult.

It's hard to pin it on one individual or thing. It's a whole catalogue of blame.

Sadly for me it all began a long way back in our 2nd Premiership season. The team lost focus after we fielded the reserves against Cardiff in the FA cup and lost. It started a dire run of games which ultimately led to relegation. Had we survived 2nd season syndrome we may well have emulated Bournemouth or Brighton, all the pieces were in place including plans to expand the stadium.

That 2-0 defeat to Cardiff was in the championship in the first season back.

That relegation has certainly seen us decline massively. I feel for John Madejski. He was under pressure when Zingarevich went AWOL and sold to the Thai's and now Dai, if Anton was genuine we may have emulated those clubs. Absolute embarrassment of an owner who shouldn't have been near buying us.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 05 May 2023 08:43

Jimmy will you moan about relegation all summer or is there a cut off point?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 05 May 2023 08:44

Snowflake Royal
Royal_jimmy
Loafer People lose jobs all the time, why are you fixated on that?

Weak sauce bro

No one wants anyone to lose a job, but it's a reality of football.

Where were your complaints about people losing jobs in any of the last 3 seasons where we cut back because of Covid or slashed our wage bill by almost £10m a season?

No where, because you're only bringing it up to make personal attacks on people who aren't acting like the manchild you are.

I love your empathy...

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 May 2023 08:44

Indeed. I'm already exhausted. We get it, Jimmy

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 05 May 2023 08:44

Stranded Deserved and very calm about it but my job doesn't depend on it. Worth pointing out, that even without the deduction, we would be having to go to Huddersfield not being certain of safety, thats how bad we've been for the last few months.

Not buying into the existensial crisis - we'll be fine, may take a few years to rebuild but half the clubs in the Championship have been in a similar position or worse and to be honest, with no restrictions and different spending rules, the rebuild may well be easier in L1 now.

It's not great but its happened.

We will still need to comply with FFP on massively reduced revenue, so I’m not convinced about the ‘no restrictions’ bit yet

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 05 May 2023 08:45

NathStPaul Jimmy will you moan about relegation all summer or is there a cut off point?

I'll be ok in a few weeks once the heart break goes

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 05 May 2023 08:46

Franchise FC
Stranded Deserved and very calm about it but my job doesn't depend on it. Worth pointing out, that even without the deduction, we would be having to go to Huddersfield not being certain of safety, thats how bad we've been for the last few months.

Not buying into the existensial crisis - we'll be fine, may take a few years to rebuild but half the clubs in the Championship have been in a similar position or worse and to be honest, with no restrictions and different spending rules, the rebuild may well be easier in L1 now.

It's not great but its happened.

We will still need to comply with FFP on massively reduced revenue, so I’m not convinced about the ‘no restrictions’ bit yet

At least Dai can donate money if he wants to

197 posts