An Update From The CEO

ILoveMoonPig

Re: An Update From The CEO

by ILoveMoonPig » 16 Jun 2023 13:57

Royal_jimmy
ILoveMoonPig I'm confused. Are we in actual trouble? Or have we just become the next basket-case club?

I think there's a bit of irrationality from fans but it feels worrying.

Yeah, that's where I am too. I'd love to just assume it's some overreaction from some fans, but I've been hearing whispers about financial problems for a while now and this is starting to seem like potentially a big deal. Can't quite shrug the feeling that this might actually be serious

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 16 Jun 2023 13:59

katweslowski
leon
katweslowski
Well done buddy, that is one of your more intellectually superior and articulate posts. With more time, you'll be speaking like a grown up in no time. Way to go!

Is was about all your posting deserves tbh.

Why are you so bitter m8? Is your pillow not hugging you back these days?

that is so hurtful

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jun 2023 14:52

Royal_jimmy I don't understand why anyone is goading so called 'bed wetters'. The club is in their blood, they are concerned about what's happening and our demise. If you don't like those posters on Twitter then don't use it, simples. Don't slate their opinion or reactions. You may be calm about it but other people can voice their views.

Personally, without setting myself on fire I am calm but it's hard to feel anything but worried about what's going on upstairs. It won't help the players either.

Because they're pissing their knickers like bedwetting toddlers throwing social media tantrums based on total rumours and stupid expectations.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jun 2023 14:52

Brogue
leon
katweslowski
I agree and I don't agree.

I think the title "bedwetters" is justified when looking back over recent weeks and even years when fans continually, daily bang on about Wilder, or "announce xyz" day-after-day. Or the ones that write a player off and vilify then before they've even kicked a ball.

I also would categorise those who somehow blame Liam Moore for some of these issues. He was offered a contract, and that contract includes a salary, it includes treatment, probably insurance of some kind, access to physios, facililties, coaches, all the other stuff. Why should he voluntarily turn away from all of that just because he's injured and just because the club overstretched themselves.

I do agree though that I'm deeply concerned and I don't see anything to be positive about at this point. So those who are concerned or replying to genuine meaningful news updates I would say have a good point.

I think you're full of shit.

:D

Brobot isn’t it?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 16 Jun 2023 21:20

Snowflake Royal
Royal_jimmy I don't understand why anyone is goading so called 'bed wetters'. The club is in their blood, they are concerned about what's happening and our demise. If you don't like those posters on Twitter then don't use it, simples. Don't slate their opinion or reactions. You may be calm about it but other people can voice their views.

Personally, without setting myself on fire I am calm but it's hard to feel anything but worried about what's going on upstairs. It won't help the players either.

Because they're pissing their knickers like bedwetting toddlers throwing social media tantrums based on total rumours and stupid expectations.

Well that's their choice, no need to have a dig at them. With how bad we've been run you can't blame fans for having fear if there's speculation on something that paints us in bad light can you? We've hardly had any good news or signs the clubs been well run.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 16 Jun 2023 21:27

It sounds like we’re going to fight back against the charges.
https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/spor ... e-payment/

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 17 Jun 2023 19:45

katweslowski Some fans :roll: :roll:

He's taking the piss.

He's the equivalent of hobnob for the twitter world.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Jun 2023 09:23

Sounds like a massive bellend.

katweslowski

by katweslowski » 18 Jun 2023 09:33

Let's invite him on here, he would fit right in

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 18 Jun 2023 10:41

Snowflake Royal Sounds like a massive bellend.

Yep. Someone from here (DD) screenshot me calling him a bellend earlier in this thread and sent it to him. He then tried to give it the big one on Twitter, scary. :roll:

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 18 Jun 2023 12:08

For once I have to agree that Ian called this right months ago. Dai out.

First everything he's ****ed up.
Then the recent extra deduction charge.
And now potentially the worse manager signing in the history of our club.

It goes from awful to worse to shocking.

Dai - piss off and leave our club alone. Focus on amassing wealth through corruption instead of football as you have done your whole life.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 18 Jun 2023 18:49

Ian picks up his fair share of detractors but he's rarely wrong.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 18 Jun 2023 20:48

NathStPaul Ian is never ever EVER wrong.

Corrected for you.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 18 Jun 2023 22:07

Refusing to make any public statement to fans for weeks post relegation then choosing to do so simply to get out ahead of the EFL statement and avoid having to comment on that and reveal the true scale of incompetence just absolutely stinks. And the statement itself is so lacking in substance it might as well have been written by chat GPT. They're taking us for mugs
Last edited by blueroyals on 18 Jun 2023 22:08, edited 1 time in total.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 18 Jun 2023 22:08

Ian Royal love coming from the poster who spent a year bullying him.

Nice.

katweslowski

by katweslowski » 19 Jun 2023 08:42

blueroyals Refusing to make any public statement to fans for weeks post relegation then choosing to do so simply to get out ahead of the EFL statement and avoid having to comment on that and reveal the true scale of incompetence just absolutely stinks. And the statement itself is so lacking in substance it might as well have been written by chat GPT. They're taking us for mugs

Yet many fans for some mental reason have renewed and proudly sharing this fact. I just can't comprehend it.

I'm a huge fan, had a ST for over a decade, probably 15 years now. Not a chance in hell I am renewing until we have a manager, some proper information, some proper direction and I feel that this club is actually going somewhere.

There's been years of utter shite now and I'm sick of seeing it. I'm also sick of season-after-season of dross, changing managers, instability and just feeling like I wasted my Saturday afternoon.

I agree with your statement. It makes it worse seeing all the other social media outputs - I don't blame the team behind that, they're doing what they've been paid for. But seeing stuff like "Here's our top 10 highlights from the last 10 years", or "Will you be there? Hurry up and renew" or some other rubbish is just galling.

Oh and I say all of that as someone that isn't obsessing over these stupid rumours and updates, but more just sick of waiting and sick of the speculation.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 19 Jun 2023 11:16

katweslowski
blueroyals Refusing to make any public statement to fans for weeks post relegation then choosing to do so simply to get out ahead of the EFL statement and avoid having to comment on that and reveal the true scale of incompetence just absolutely stinks. And the statement itself is so lacking in substance it might as well have been written by chat GPT. They're taking us for mugs

Yet many fans for some mental reason have renewed and proudly sharing this fact. I just can't comprehend it.

I'm a huge fan, had a ST for over a decade, probably 15 years now. Not a chance in hell I am renewing until we have a manager, some proper information, some proper direction and I feel that this club is actually going somewhere.

There's been years of utter shite now and I'm sick of seeing it. I'm also sick of season-after-season of dross, changing managers, instability and just feeling like I wasted my Saturday afternoon.

I agree with your statement. It makes it worse seeing all the other social media outputs - I don't blame the team behind that, they're doing what they've been paid for. But seeing stuff like "Here's our top 10 highlights from the last 10 years", or "Will you be there? Hurry up and renew" or some other rubbish is just galling.

Oh and I say all of that as someone that isn't obsessing over these stupid rumours and updates, but more just sick of waiting and sick of the speculation.

Tbf - For many fans, football is about going to matches with their friends and family and just being part of something larger than themselves. As long as they spend time with people they love and get to talk/moan about the club together then that is good enough for them - being a fan doesn't have to mean that you are motivated by any kind of success on/off the pitch. Obviously other fans (such as most of the people on here) take the game itself more serious and are motivated by wanting to see a club that tries as hard as it can to achieve success.

It's like - would you stop going to watch your kid in his Sunday League matches, even if he stopped practicing and played crap every week?

katweslowski

by katweslowski » 19 Jun 2023 11:36

Elm Park Kid would you stop going to watch your kid in his Sunday League matches, even if he stopped practicing and played crap every week?

Do you want my honest answer? :? :wink:

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 19 Jun 2023 11:38

leon Ian Royal love coming from the poster who spent a year bullying him.

Nice.

You seem to be quite hung up on the past Leon. Maybe time to realise people can change and move on?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Jun 2023 12:24

leon Ian Royal love coming from the poster who spent a year bullying him.

Nice.

Tried to.

Had as much success as you do. I.e. none. Why don't you sod off back to AE if you've nothing to say about football.