New embargo incoming

232 posts
RG30
Hob Nob Addict

Re: New embargo incoming

by RG30 » 16 Jun 2023 13:50

Needle Dai (rightly) catching the flak but please don't forget that Gourlay's sticky fingerprints are all over this mess

:| This has absolutely nothing to do with Gourlay

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 16 Jun 2023 13:57

Good news everybody. I went to ASDA and there's a new Um Bongo incoming

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 16 Jun 2023 14:09

Probably not a good idea to give Um Bongo to the bedwetters...

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 16 Jun 2023 14:16

who's this

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 16 Jun 2023 14:23

genome who's this

Steve fishwick, it says it there at the top
Last edited by Brogue on 16 Jun 2023 14:23, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Jun 2023 14:23

genome who's this

Badger finger. Rip.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 16 Jun 2023 20:43

Having calmed down a bit since this morning...2 of those late payment dates were last year, and fixed very quickly within a few days. Why did the EFL not issue a warning publicly, when Wigan were operating under a suspended sentence? It does feel like a bolt from the blue and the EFL making it up as they go along.

Maybe they want to see the fans forcing out these basket case owners who they didn't block, despite them failing the PL FPP test.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 16 Jun 2023 21:06

The charge including missed payments from October and November is what stands out to me. Why wait until now to charge the club with this? It was reported at the time it happened as well - so it's not as if this is new information that's been uncovered.

I hope the club challenges the charge at this point.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jun 2023 22:02

Nice to see people are catching on that the owner is shit.

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 16 Jun 2023 22:24

Wow..... This is all a bit like Brexit....

We are hundreds of millions of pounds in debt and the owner need to find a few million a month just to keep the club afloat.

Relegation means a 66% drop in income.

What did people think was going to happen????????

Common sense left the building a good few years ago - but slagging off the person single handedly keeping the club solvent always seemed like a good plan...

Good work lads!

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 17 Jun 2023 07:27

Seeing Pang quoted as saying that they contest the charges, I`m assuming they will use the problems in getting money out of China as a defence, not really sure if that will hold any water, but it might make the punishment a little less severe.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 17 Jun 2023 08:14

What I don't understand is this happened last season. It was made public last season and the issue resolved swiftly.

Why wait until this season to punish us? If punished last season it would have been done and dusted in the same season as the other points deduction/embargo and we would be free to rebuild without restrictions.

Also, what is the likely punishment? Are there precedents for cases like this?

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 17 Jun 2023 08:43

Clyde1998 The charge including missed payments from October and November is what stands out to me. Why wait until now to charge the club with this? It was reported at the time it happened as well - so it's not as if this is new information that's been uncovered.

I hope the club challenges the charge at this point.

Should go on the offensive and sue the EFL for reputational damage. Wouldn't win, but would show that we're sick of their meddling.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Jun 2023 08:57

Linden Jones' Tash Wow..... This is all a bit like Brexit....

We are hundreds of millions of pounds in debt and the owner need to find a few million a month just to keep the club afloat.

Relegation means a 66% drop in income.

What did people think was going to happen????????

Common sense left the building a good few years ago - but slagging off the person single handedly keeping the club solvent always seemed like a good plan...

Good work lads!

The guy who put us in this position?

Defending him is like stockholm syndrome.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 17 Jun 2023 09:14

If the wages are being paid from CNY or CNH bank accounts into a GBP bank account then only the bank custodians can perform these rather than an open market FX so if it is a weekend or bank holiday then this does sounds plausible for the delay, however these currencies being restricted is well known so should be well factored in before hand.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 17 Jun 2023 09:42

So being pragmatic, what are the likely repercussions?

Points deduction and then we move on? How many?

Another transfer embargo?

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 17 Jun 2023 09:51

I'm a bit baffled. Wigan players were unpaid for weeks at a time, got publicly warned and then punished when it happened again. We were a couple of days late due to admin, heard nothing from the EFL and are now being charged several months later.

I agree we should fix this and stop it happening again, but this feels like EFL overreach. Even if all we get is a slap on the wrist, the timing is awful as the uncertainty undermines manager and player recruitment.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Jun 2023 09:53

Depends what the issue is and what our defence is.

If its late payment of wages, probably a warning, maybe suspended 4 point deduction. That's in line with Wigan who were much worse offenders.

If its refusing to pay some or all of wages for a loan player because of a contract dispute, embargo until dispute resolved or fees paid. Unclear on anything else.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 17 Jun 2023 09:56

WestYorksRoyal I'm a bit baffled. Wigan players were unpaid for weeks at a time, got publicly warned and then punished when it happened again. We were a couple of days late due to admin, heard nothing from the EFL and are now being charged several months later.

I agree we should fix this and stop it happening again, but this feels like EFL overreach. Even if all we get is a slap on the wrist, the timing is awful as the uncertainty undermines manager and player recruitment.

We are going to fight the decision and I think we should. It feels like the EFL are trying to make an example of us and won’t be happy until we’re in the National League. Their timing is terrible and Dai should threaten to sue the oxf*rd.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Jun 2023 10:02

blythspartan
WestYorksRoyal I'm a bit baffled. Wigan players were unpaid for weeks at a time, got publicly warned and then punished when it happened again. We were a couple of days late due to admin, heard nothing from the EFL and are now being charged several months later.

We are going to fight the decision and I think we should. It feels like the EFL are trying to make an example of us and won’t be happy until we’re in the National League. Their timing is terrible and Dai should threaten to sue the oxf*rd.

He should probably focus more on being less shit at owning and running a football club than picking a fight with the league.

232 posts