New embargo incoming

232 posts
WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: New embargo incoming

by WestYorksRoyal » 17 Jun 2023 10:10

Snowflake Royal
blythspartan
WestYorksRoyal I'm a bit baffled. Wigan players were unpaid for weeks at a time, got publicly warned and then punished when it happened again. We were a couple of days late due to admin, heard nothing from the EFL and are now being charged several months later.

I agree we should fix this and stop it happening again, but this feels like EFL overreach. Even if all we get is a slap on the wrist, the timing is awful as the uncertainty undermines manager and player recruitment.

We are going to fight the decision and I think we should. It feels like the EFL are trying to make an example of us and won’t be happy until we’re in the National League. Their timing is terrible and Dai should threaten to sue the oxf*rd.

He should probably focus more on being less shit at owning and running a football club than picking a fight with the league.

Maybe the EFL should admit some culpability instead of dishing out punishment, after they're the ones who approved the takeover after Dai's consortium failed the Premier League FPP process the previous year.

Surely working behind the scenes on an arrangement where Dai needs to provide 6 months funding at a time, for example, would stop this happening again and be far more constructive.

Dai deserves a lot of blame, but the EFL have so much to answer too. Sooner this independent regulator comes along and castrates them the better.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 17 Jun 2023 10:25

I would suggest to you guys that you need to read between the lines with what's going on right now. If everything was 'ok' at the club do you really think the EFL would have bothered to charged us over a few historic technical breaches of the rules? Why do you think they took the extraordinary step of calling out the owner by name? Don't forget that we've also had non-payment of loan player wages added to our list of issues - everyone on here assumed that that was another 'technicality' over appearance requirements. But what if it's not. Why do you think Wilder turned us down?

I can't elaborate further, so fair enough if you want to call me a bed wetter or just dismiss this. All I can say is that I would wait for a bit more of the facts to come out before you blame the EFL . . . . .

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 17 Jun 2023 11:11

Elm Park Kid I would suggest to you guys that you need to read between the lines with what's going on right now. If everything was 'ok' at the club do you really think the EFL would have bothered to charged us over a few historic technical breaches of the rules? Why do you think they took the extraordinary step of calling out the owner by name? Don't forget that we've also had non-payment of loan player wages added to our list of issues - everyone on here assumed that that was another 'technicality' over appearance requirements. But what if it's not. Why do you think Wilder turned us down?

I can't elaborate further, so fair enough if you want to call me a bed wetter or just dismiss this. All I can say is that I would wait for a bit more of the facts to come out before you blame the EFL . . . . .

Fair enough.

Nothing would surprise me tbh. I have even wondered whether it’s political because we have a Chinese owner and the ongoing situation in Ukraine.

I have got my season ticket and I still plan to go to every game home and away. All I want to see is a more entertaining brand of football and a few more wins.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Jun 2023 11:38

WestYorksRoyal
Snowflake Royal
blythspartan
We are going to fight the decision and I think we should. It feels like the EFL are trying to make an example of us and won’t be happy until we’re in the National League. Their timing is terrible and Dai should threaten to sue the oxf*rd.

He should probably focus more on being less shit at owning and running a football club than picking a fight with the league.

Maybe the EFL should admit some culpability instead of dishing out punishment, after they're the ones who approved the takeover after Dai's consortium failed the Premier League FPP process the previous year.

Surely working behind the scenes on an arrangement where Dai needs to provide 6 months funding at a time, for example, would stop this happening again and be far more constructive.

Dai deserves a lot of blame, but the EFL have so much to answer too. Sooner this independent regulator comes along and castrates them the better.

For the 17 billionth time, the ownership checks have nothing to do with competency and intention.

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 17 Jun 2023 13:01

blythspartan
Elm Park Kid I would suggest to you guys that you need to read between the lines with what's going on right now. If everything was 'ok' at the club do you really think the EFL would have bothered to charged us over a few historic technical breaches of the rules? Why do you think they took the extraordinary step of calling out the owner by name? Don't forget that we've also had non-payment of loan player wages added to our list of issues - everyone on here assumed that that was another 'technicality' over appearance requirements. But what if it's not. Why do you think Wilder turned us down?

Fair enough.

Nothing would surprise me tbh. I have even wondered whether it’s political because we have a Chinese owner and the ongoing situation in Ukraine.

I have got my season ticket and I still plan to go to every game home and away. All I want to see is a more entertaining brand of football and a few more wins.

From what I heard yesterday, from someone who is close to the club, the fun hasn't even started yet. It was quite depressing.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Jun 2023 14:29

Who Moved The Goalposts?
blythspartan

Fair enough.

From what I heard yesterday, from someone who is close to the club, the fun hasn't even started yet. It was quite depressing.

I heard the opposite and actually the fun has just ended.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 17 Jun 2023 14:39

Who Moved The Goalposts?
blythspartan

Fair enough.

Well don't just keep us in suspenders.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 17 Jun 2023 15:00

I have now resigned myself to the fact that it’s going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better. A time to batton down the hatches and ride out the storm.

All I have been told by a good mate who worked at TV Trader back in the day and is good friends with some of the old hierarchy is not to get too excited about any new signings.

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 17 Jun 2023 16:47

Orion1871
Who Moved The Goalposts?
blythspartan
Fair enough.

Well don't just keep us in suspenders.

It appears Dai isn't looking to sell, but rather seeking new inward investment. Now why one of the wealthiest people in China would need to do this is the question, perhaps all those theories of the Chinese authorities clamping down on cash outflows may have been correct. But if this search for investment isn't completed within 6 weeks, administration is very likely. Perhaps that recent injection of cash was his last.
Obviously this may not be true, but it does have plausibility.

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 17 Jun 2023 16:55

Threat of admin is very real. Then you’ll see the mark of the man when potential new buyers want the club but want the stadium and training ground as well.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 17 Jun 2023 21:12

What would be the point of administration?

The main creditor is himself.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 18 Jun 2023 09:11

From ya man Alan Nixon:

Reading cannot use the multi-million windfall of selling land to help them balance the books when the EFL make future checks on their spending.

That means the player and managerial budget will be less than hoped.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 18 Jun 2023 09:13

Pepe the Horseman From ya man Alan Nixon:

Reading cannot use the multi-million windfall of selling land to help them balance the books when the EFL make future checks on their spending.

Ugh. I understand why - asset stripping to fund the playing budget is hardly "sustainable". But it does feel like we're miles off where we wanted to be for the forthcoming season.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Jun 2023 09:30

Didn't think we had anything left to sell anyway.

Just think how oxf*rd we'd have been if all this was going on and we were still in the Championship. At least there's a chance we can be competetive in L1 while going through this.

And least the majority are starting to see how awful Dai Yongge is.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 18 Jun 2023 09:37

Yet last season the EFL were encouraging us to raise funds to balance the books through either player sales or selling an asset to the owner.
Last edited by Orion1871 on 18 Jun 2023 10:05, edited 1 time in total.

elrey

by elrey » 18 Jun 2023 09:54

RoyalBlue
elrey
Pepe the Horseman Surely there must be some Championship clubs they can pick on?

I trust the Football League a million times more than our owners.....

A million times zero =?

Both culpable in my view.

Why? The Football League has rules that are designed to stop this sort of thing happening to the best of their ability when each club is its own separate company. Companies choose to break the rules, so... they get in trouble, and clubs like Reading are examples to the others of what not to do if you want to succeed.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Jun 2023 12:07

Orion1871

Yet last season the EFL were encouraging us to raise funds to balance the books through either player sales or selling an asset to the owner.

In actual fact the FL said we couldn’t do it by selling things to the owner and that's why we got another points deduction.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Jun 2023 12:09

PATRIQT Threat of admin is very real. Then you’ll see the mark of the man when potential new buyers want the club but want the stadium and training ground as well.

Who will be the creditor that we can't pay in full that puts us into administration so we can agree a CVA with them and pay them off pence in the pound?

Or are you just pissing in the wind here.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 18 Jun 2023 13:39

RoyalBlue
Greatwesternline
Elm Park Kid
The football finance guy Kieran Maguire said that every time someone uses the excuse of 'difficulties in transferring money' it's complete bullshit. The international banking system doesn't ever close.

Yep. What they really mean is liquidity difficulties. I.e. the person sending the money didnt have the money to hand in time for whatever reason.

The money is presumably coming from China so could it be that the Chinese authorities are making it difficult for him and his bankers to move money? Either way it is unacceptable and is killing our club.

Dai has problems back home. Business related. RFC is colletate damage.

Weymouth Royal

by Weymouth Royal » 18 Jun 2023 14:14

As I mentioned last week, a family friend of ours wrote the statement on behalf of Pang last week, which I mentioned only because it was questioned if Pang wrote it himself or not. She says what's become public so far doesn't even scratch the surface. It's all rather depressing! There aren't many good people at the club any more, especially that date back to the SJM era, and those that are are absolutely heart broken and say the atmosphere at the club is "toxic".

232 posts