New embargo incoming

232 posts
The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

Re: New embargo incoming

by The Royal Forester » 22 Jun 2023 21:25

Pepe the Horseman
Elm Park Kid
NathStPaul You'll know far more than me on this so I'll ask you.

The owner is an extremely rich man, he can easily pay off any loan fees, wages, tax bill etc. Is he prohibited from doing so by the EFL rules or can he just not be arsed? I know that may be a silly question but I try to avoid all financial matters in football if I can.

There are a number of potential reasons:
1. This could just be pure incompetence and the tax bill hasn't been paid due to administrative oversights.
2. The owner might be facing difficulties in accessing/transferring capital from China. Either due to government/legal interference or decisions that he has taken which has 'tied up' his wealth.
3. The owner might simply have decided for whatever reason to stop funding the club. Maybe he's had enough - maybe he has other priorities.

This has nothing to do with EFL restrictions.

If it's 3 what happens next?

We follow his two other clubs into oblivion.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 22 Jun 2023 21:29

Pepe the Horseman
Elm Park Kid
NathStPaul You'll know far more than me on this so I'll ask you.

The owner is an extremely rich man, he can easily pay off any loan fees, wages, tax bill etc. Is he prohibited from doing so by the EFL rules or can he just not be arsed? I know that may be a silly question but I try to avoid all financial matters in football if I can.

1. This could just be pure incompetence and the tax bill hasn't been paid due to administrative oversights.
2. The owner might be facing difficulties in accessing/transferring capital from China. Either due to government/legal interference or decisions that he has taken which has 'tied up' his wealth.
3. The owner might simply have decided for whatever reason to stop funding the club. Maybe he's had enough - maybe he has other priorities.

The owner can choose to put the club into administration, at which point independent administrators takeover and will look to sell the club to new owners in order to pay off taxes and other outstanding debts. This is what happened with Derby, and it requires new owners paying enough to satisfy whatever HMRC demand to clear the tax bill AND our obligations to pay a certain percentage of our footballing debts (I forget the figure). All non-footballing debts (including what the owner has lent us) would be wiped away. We'd have to accept a 12 point deduction for next season (along with whatever else the EFL are going to give us).

If the owners don't don't that then i'm not 100% sure. I think that HMRC can just wind up the club and assets sold to pay out the tax bill/debts.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Jun 2023 21:31

Elm Park Kid
windermereROYAL
Elm Park Kid "Non-Payment of PAYE Owed to HMRC" has now been added to our list of Transfer Embargo reasons.

You said yourself in your latest post that this issue is nothing to do with the EFL so why would it impact the embargo process?

I meant that the EFL restrictions wouldn't stop us from paying our tax bill. But non-payment of taxes is obviously an offense under EFL regulations:

16.14 Each Club must by 7 April in each Season provide evidence to The League to confirm that, subject to Regulation 16.15.2:

16.14.1 it has satisfied all Transfer Fee, Compensation Fee, Loan Fee or subsequent payments which had by the 31 December (Relevant Date) become due under the terms of any transfer; and

16.14.2 it had as at the Relevant Date paid all sums due and payable to or in respect of an employee employed during the relevant calendar year (including national insurance contributions and income tax deducted under the ‘pay as you earn’ system).

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/ef ... n-4-clubs/

So by that it could be that the EFL aren't satisfied with documentation rather than HMRC not getting paid.

It won't be though and this summer gets worse.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 22 Jun 2023 21:36

Stranded
Elm Park Kid
windermereROYAL
You said yourself in your latest post that this issue is nothing to do with the EFL so why would it impact the embargo process?

I meant that the EFL restrictions wouldn't stop us from paying our tax bill. But non-payment of taxes is obviously an offense under EFL regulations:

16.14 Each Club must by 7 April in each Season provide evidence to The League to confirm that, subject to Regulation 16.15.2:

16.14.1 it has satisfied all Transfer Fee, Compensation Fee, Loan Fee or subsequent payments which had by the 31 December (Relevant Date) become due under the terms of any transfer; and

16.14.2 it had as at the Relevant Date paid all sums due and payable to or in respect of an employee employed during the relevant calendar year (including national insurance contributions and income tax deducted under the ‘pay as you earn’ system).

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/ef ... n-4-clubs/

So by that it could be that the EFL aren't satisfied with documentation rather than HMRC not getting paid.

It won't be though and this summer gets worse.

I . . . . would suggest that it isn't a documentation problem . . . without going any further (sorry).

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 22 Jun 2023 21:43

My understanding is he just walked out of the other 2 clubs and left them to fester into non existence.
Doesn't look good does it.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 22 Jun 2023 22:26

Who still has faith in Dai Yongge then? :D

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 22 Jun 2023 22:38

So which smart cnut wants to make “bedwetting” comments now???

Anyone?

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 22 Jun 2023 22:41

leon So which smart cnut wants to make “bedwetting” comments now???

Anyone?

STFU, gloating because you were supposedly right about our club being in the shit.

oxf*rd Christ.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 22 Jun 2023 22:42

tidus_mi2

Anyone?

STFU, gloating because you were supposedly right about our club being in the shit.

oxf*rd Christ.

Oof. Leon are you going to take that.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 22 Jun 2023 22:44

Brogue
tidus_mi2

Anyone?

oxf*rd Christ.

Yasss, Slay Kween.

katweslowski

by katweslowski » 22 Jun 2023 22:44

Wasn't there £6m put into the club this week or last week? I recall seeing something, possible from companies house. What was that about?

I think Dai Yongge has just walked away or at least lost interest.

The club are silent, still nothing from Bowen or any meaningful statement as far as I know

Will the club even be allowed to start the season if we're in this much trouble or can the EFL say we're not eligible or somethin?

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 22 Jun 2023 22:49

NathStPaul
The owner is an extremely rich man, he can easily pay off any loan fees, wages, tax bill etc.

Have you asked him? Been plenty of information in the public domain for months that suggests there's serious financial challenges for our owner.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 22 Jun 2023 22:54

Lower West
NathStPaul
The owner is an extremely rich man, he can easily pay off any loan fees, wages, tax bill etc.

Have you asked him? Been plenty of information in the public domain for months that suggests there's serious financial challenges for our owner.

Is there? I can well believe it, but you keep alluding to things about him, but you never actually outright say anything or produce any concrete evidence to back up any claims.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 22 Jun 2023 23:11

NathStPaul
Pepe the Horseman
Elm Park Kid

We send Royal Jimmy over to China to take a shit through Dai's letterbox.

With pleasure

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 22 Jun 2023 23:17

It's been pretty obvious for the least 18 months to 2 years that all of this would happen. I don't think any of the radical ideas on Twitter are irrational given the situation, other clubs fans would be protesting big time.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 22 Jun 2023 23:20

tidus_mi2

Anyone?

oxf*rd Christ.

I’m pointing out that there’s been plenty of twats on here taking the piss out of people with genuine concerns.

Well here we fcuking are.

Edit: and I wasn’t one of those people
Last edited by leon on 22 Jun 2023 23:24, edited 1 time in total.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 22 Jun 2023 23:23

Brogue
tidus_mi2

Anyone?

oxf*rd Christ.

He’s just pissing his pants. He’ll be finished soon.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 22 Jun 2023 23:24

katweslowski I think Dai Yongge has just walked away or at least lost interest.

The club are silent, still nothing from Bowen or any meaningful statement as far as I know

Wasn't there a statement (however truthful it may or may not be) that Dai remains committed not so long ago?

If he is committed still, then obviously he'd say nothing, as he probably has no idea these conversations even exist. It's not being discussed in the media anywhere.

If he's not committed, then the same complete absence of media interest will see him feel under no pressure to make any kind of statement.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 23 Jun 2023 00:01

If he was committed to the club he'd make sure the bills are paid on time. Simple as

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 23 Jun 2023 00:15

In lighter news - Paul Ince is now bookies favourite for the Sheffield Wednesday job. Thought you all needed cheering up!

232 posts