Selles out

859 posts

Should Selles be shown the door now before the inevitable mid season sacking

Yes (and appoint Ian)
46%
No (it's a wonderful appointment and he'll get the club to scale heights never before seen at Reading)
43%
He won't be appointed in the first place
10%

Total votes: 69
Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Selles out

by Brogue » 28 Oct 2023 18:19

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 28 Oct 2023 18:20

He won't be sacked unfortunately

7 defeats in 8 is definitely sackable, especially in league one. We should be doing better than we are and he's not getting the best out of these players. Even if we did sack him we'll hire another nobody manager than no one's ever heard of.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 28 Oct 2023 18:21

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 28 Oct 2023 19:17

Royal_jimmy He won't be sacked unfortunately

7 defeats in 8 is definitely sackable, especially in league one. We should be doing better than we are and he's not getting the best out of these players. Even if we did sack him we'll hire another nobody manager than no one's ever heard of.

Not if we change ownership first. I genuinely think we're only a couple of weeks away from it being sorted. I have no evidence to support my blind optimism, but rumours have been ongoing for weeks and HMRC aren't trying to wind us up which is very unlike them.

Rax

by Rax » 28 Oct 2023 19:19

morganb Felt his throw on two strikers substitution today was the sign of a manager who knows he's in last chance saloon. That and letting the keeper go up at the end... He'll be gone this week one way or another

...let's hope so, I've not seen such an incompetent manager and let's face it, we've had a few!

I know Noel Hunt didn't exactly do well in the games he had last season, but I'd give him another shot - it cannot get any worse!

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 28 Oct 2023 19:20

Rax
morganb Felt his throw on two strikers substitution today was the sign of a manager who knows he's in last chance saloon. That and letting the keeper go up at the end... He'll be gone this week one way or another

...let's hope so, I've not seen such an incompetent manager and let's face it, we've had a few!

I know Noel Hunt didm't exactly do well in the games he had last season, but I'd give him another shot - it cannot get any worse!

He’s terrible

Rax

by Rax » 28 Oct 2023 19:24

leon
Rax

I know Noel Hunt didm't exactly do well in the games he had last season, but I'd give him another shot - it cannot get any worse!

He’s terrible

Based on what Leon??

Half a dozen games when we were for all intents and purposes already relegated?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Oct 2023 19:37

Rax
leon
Rax

He’s terrible

Based on what Leon??

Not the answer - he chopped and changed, couldn’t motivate them for a dire performance in a crucial game vs Wigan and won 2 points in 5 games wasnt it?

Bowen should have another go if anyone - same situation as Wimbledon a few years ago who he managed and he has the general experience for the job.

Definitely not ideal but think it’d be the best realistic bet unless Warnock or Eustace want to come and do the job for free

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 28 Oct 2023 19:50

Yeah it can't be Hunt, said it before he's not ready for the job yet and the job isn't for someone like him either. Not that there is much to base it on, but what you can say is Hunt basically offered nothing different when given the job last year, which is a big disappointment. If we saw a change, a win and still went down then maybe you could have argued differently, but we didn't.

I don't really want it to be Bowen either just because he has another job to do, I'm not sure how limited the options would be to be honest without even trying. The financial situation is dire, although possibly good enough to change manager who knows. We wouldn't have to try and tempt anyone from another club, plenty of out of work managers it's just trying to get the right one. Someone would still be daft enough to take it on, as it's an opportunity.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Oct 2023 19:54

Hunt also doing a good job with the U21. I reckon that’s his calling, let him get on with it

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 28 Oct 2023 20:24

Rax
leon
Rax

He’s terrible

Based on what Leon??

No. Not Hunt, Selles.

If I’m ever reincarnated I’d like to be a football manager that watches what happens in my teams games and then reacts accordingly learning from things that went wrong and not just right.

Reckon I’d clean up if our managers from the last 10 years are anything to go by. This current clown in particular.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 28 Oct 2023 20:28

YorkshireRoyal99 Yeah it can't be Hunt, said it before he's not ready for the job yet and the job isn't for someone like him either. Not that there is much to base it on, but what you can say is Hunt basically offered nothing different when given the job last year, which is a big disappointment. If we saw a change, a win and still went down then maybe you could have argued differently, but we didn't.

I don't really want it to be Bowen either just because he has another job to do, I'm not sure how limited the options would be to be honest without even trying. The financial situation is dire, although possibly good enough to change manager who knows. We wouldn't have to try and tempt anyone from another club, plenty of out of work managers it's just trying to get the right one. Someone would still be daft enough to take it on, as it's an opportunity.

If we wait for the club sale and it takes too long we’ll be down under this manager. The logical option is stabilise (win some fcuking games) under Bowen and bring in a new manager when the sale happens.

Unless it’s imminent but even then get Bowen to be caretaker. It really couldn’t be worse.

royal67

by royal67 » 28 Oct 2023 20:40

Ainsworth has just been sacked..... Surely fate must play some part in him being appointed as our new manager?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Oct 2023 20:54

skipper Bugger it. I'm on the Selles Out bandwagon

You're going to have to run pretty hard to catch up with it and climb on, Mr slow.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Oct 2023 21:00

Hound
Rax
leon He’s terrible

Based on what Leon??

Not the answer - he chopped and changed, couldn’t motivate them for a dire performance in a crucial game vs Wigan and won 2 points in 5 games wasnt it?

Bowen should have another go if anyone - same situation as Wimbledon a few years ago who he managed and he has the general experience for the job.

Definitely not ideal but think it’d be the best realistic bet unless Warnock or Eustace want to come and do the job for free

Bowen's the preference, but I think Hunt would do better than Selles. And both are just stop gaps until the ownership changes anyway.

Hunt was Carroll idiocy away from getting a win and probably finishing stronger.
Last edited by Snowflake Royal on 28 Oct 2023 21:02, edited 1 time in total.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Oct 2023 21:02

royal67 Ainsworth has just been sacked..... Surely fate must play some part in him being appointed as our new manager?

Not without a new owner

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Oct 2023 21:03

Snowflake Royal
Hound
Rax
Based on what Leon??

Bowen's the preference, but I think Hunt would do better than Selles.
He was Carroll idiocy away from getting a win and probably finishing stronger.

Hmm not sure about that. We were only 1-0 up and Luton had battered us first half. No guarantee we’d have held in, loads of time left

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Oct 2023 21:04

Hound
Snowflake Royal
Hound

Bowen's the preference, but I think Hunt would do better than Selles.
He was Carroll idiocy away from getting a win and probably finishing stronger.

Hmm not sure about that. We were only 1-0 up and Luton had battered us first half. No guarantee we’d have held in, loads of time left

I guarantee it. :wink:

Plus Carroll would have been available rather than suspended.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Oct 2023 21:36

Snowflake Royal
royal67 Ainsworth has just been sacked..... Surely fate must play some part in him being appointed as our new manager?

Not without a new owner

New owner or not i'd be on the the phone now trying to persuade him to take the role. Just so sick of the no mark nonentities, that it's obvious will be failures before they're even appointed, that the club keep finding.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 28 Oct 2023 21:41

YorkshireRoyal99 Yeah it can't be Hunt, said it before he's not ready for the job yet and the job isn't for someone like him either. Not that there is much to base it on, but what you can say is Hunt basically offered nothing different when given the job last year, which is a big disappointment. If we saw a change, a win and still went down then maybe you could have argued differently, but we didn't.

"I don't really want it to be Bowen either just because he has another job to do"
What other job ? we can't buy anyone till 2025 what the fukk else has he got to do between now and 2025

859 posts