Selles out

859 posts

Should Selles be shown the door now before the inevitable mid season sacking

Yes (and appoint Ian)
46%
No (it's a wonderful appointment and he'll get the club to scale heights never before seen at Reading)
43%
He won't be appointed in the first place
10%

Total votes: 69
Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Selles out

by Pepe the Horseman » 11 Nov 2023 17:17

Snowflake Royal 69% loss rate.
19% win rate.

There's not any question this is the worst manager we have ever had.

But, but, but he's an exceptional coach, based on absolutely nothing.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 11 Nov 2023 17:23

Pepe the Horseman
19% win rate.

imagine if we had an actual manager?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Nov 2023 17:24

leon
Pepe the Horseman
19% win rate.

imagine if we had an actual manager?

I seem to remember we used to have those once upon a time.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 11 Nov 2023 17:25

If the time taken to sack Pauno and Ince is anything to go by, this carries on for another month.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 11 Nov 2023 17:27

WestYorksRoyal If the time taken to sack Pauno and Ince is anything to go by, this carries on for another month.

And Clement and Stam....

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Nov 2023 17:31

WestYorksRoyal If the time taken to sack Pauno and Ince is anything to go by, this carries on for another month.

I feel like it already has carried on for another month.

3 October our record was P10, W3, D1, L6 - that's immediate turn around or your're out territory.

Since then it has been P6, W0, D1, L5

We now have a couple of weeks between League games. Absolutely perfect opportunity to sack USelles get Bowen or Hunt, or Mad Aunt Gemima in to coach the first team squad without distraction and have some impact.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Nov 2023 17:34

I'm going to call it now in fact. Selles will be gone by 11.30 am Tuesday.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Nov 2023 17:34

I get the feeling Bowen is very tied up with the sale of the club.

Hunt doing a top job with the u21s

Badly need to change it in sone way though

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Nov 2023 17:35

Snowflake Royal I'm going to call it now in fact. Selles will be gone by 11.30 am Tuesday.

Agree think the manner of that may be the final nail

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 11 Nov 2023 17:42

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 11 Nov 2023 17:42

Hound I get the feeling Bowen is very tied up with the sale of the club.

I get there are "bigger" issues at play, but at the same time what is as important as 1st team performance? It's what clubs spend their entire life trying to maximise.

The new owner will have an enormous rebuilding job. It will take years to rebuild the culture and undo Dai's era. If we have a chance of doing it from L1, we should absolutely be trying to do that. Maybe once a new owner comes in and appoints a full time manager, Hunt can return to the U21s. But he shouldn't be wasted with the U21s while the 1st team burns.

I actually thought we were the better team most of today. Certainly for the 1st hour, and even after then we kept them at arms length until injury time. It was stupid subs and our mentality thar lost us the game. That should give us confidence that a new manager can turn things around.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Nov 2023 17:44

Sutekh

Mine needs some work if his is in hand.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Nov 2023 17:47

WestYorksRoyal

I get there are "bigger" issues at play, but at the same time what is as important as 1st team performance? It's what clubs spend their entire life trying to maximise.

The new owner will have an enormous rebuilding job. It will take years to rebuild the culture and undo Dai's era. If we have a chance of doing it from L1, we should absolutely be trying to do that. Maybe once a new owner comes in and appoints a full time manager, Hunt can return to the U21s. But he shouldn't be wasted with the U21s while the 1st team burns.

I actually thought we were the better team most of today. Certainly for the 1st hour, and even after then we kept them at arms length until injury time. It was stupid subs and our mentality thar lost us the game. That should give us confidence that a new manager can turn things around.

I didn’t rate the job Hunt did last year but accept we’re getting desperate and it’d be an upgrade on Selles

I’m sure Selles can coach and has good ideas etc but he is incapable of management. Mentality is wrong, so weak. His subs were verging on ridiculous today. He’s lost any plot he ever had.

Maybe one of the players dads is available to step in again

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 11 Nov 2023 17:50

Hound
WestYorksRoyal

I didn’t rate the job Hunt did last year but accept we’re getting desperate and it’d be an upgrade on Selles

I’m sure Selles can coach and has good ideas etc but he is incapable of management. Mentality is wrong, so weak. His subs were verging on ridiculous today. He’s lost any plot he ever had.

Maybe one of the players dads is available to step in again

In my view Hunt's opportunity was a difficult job with arguably the weakest squad in the league. I'd like to see what he can do with a squad potentially capable of the top half.

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 11 Nov 2023 18:00

Tim Dellor: "In any other club he'd be long gone."

And that my friends is our reality.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 11 Nov 2023 18:02

Selles: "I tell you don’t forget the situation we are in. Before those points deductions we were in a good situation. Those elements hurt us a lot. It is not an excuse. We have not been good enough for one reason or another and I am the man responsible." #readingfc

It is an excuse, and it seems like every other team who gets a points deduction has an us against the world attitude, and fight for survival, whereas Reading capitulate.
Last edited by Orion1871 on 11 Nov 2023 18:21, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 11 Nov 2023 18:11

Orion1871 Selles: "I tell you don’t forget the situation we are in. Before those points deductions we were in a good situation. Those elements hurt us a lot. It is not an excuse. We have not been good enough for one reason or another and I am the man responsible." #readingfc

It is an excuse, and it seems like every other team who gets a points deduction has an us against the world attitude,and fight for survival, whereas Reading capitulate.

You could possibly use the points deduction as an excuse if it was 12 points but it is 4 points ffs

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Nov 2023 18:11

Orion1871 Selles: "I tell you don’t forget the situation we are in. Before those points deductions we were in a good situation. Those elements hurt us a lot. It is not an excuse. We have not been good enough for one reason or another and I am the man responsible." #readingfc

It is an excuse, and it seems like every other team who gets a points deduction has an us against the world attitude,and fight for survival, whereas Reading capitulate.

Yeah fair point that

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 11 Nov 2023 18:19

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 11 Nov 2023 18:22

Mr Optimist

You could possibly use the points deduction as an excuse if it was 12 points but it is 4 points ffs

Derby had a real go at surviving with -21. I think in 2019, Birmingham had -9 and pulled away. In 2020 Wigan nearly made it out with -12, and are doing okay this year on -8.

But we have -6 or -4 and it's a free pass for players and managers to play like shit and make excuses. Culture of the club rotten.

859 posts