Selles out

859 posts

Should Selles be shown the door now before the inevitable mid season sacking

Yes (and appoint Ian)
46%
No (it's a wonderful appointment and he'll get the club to scale heights never before seen at Reading)
43%
He won't be appointed in the first place
10%

Total votes: 69
leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Selles out

by leon » 11 Nov 2023 18:27

WestYorksRoyal
Mr Optimist
Orion1871 Selles: "I tell you don’t forget the situation we are in. Before those points deductions we were in a good situation. Those elements hurt us a lot. It is not an excuse. We have not been good enough for one reason or another and I am the man responsible." #readingfc

It is an excuse, and it seems like every other team who gets a points deduction has an us against the world attitude,and fight for survival, whereas Reading capitulate.

You could possibly use the points deduction as an excuse if it was 12 points but it is 4 points ffs

Derby had a real go at surviving with -21. I think in 2019, Birmingham had -9 and pulled away. In 2020 Wigan nearly made it out with -12, and are doing okay this year on -8.

But we have -6 or -4 and it's a free pass for players and managers to play like shit and make excuses. Culture of the club rotten.

....and whose fault is that?

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 11 Nov 2023 18:27

People need to get used to the idea that he's not going to go until the takeover. Whatever anyone says, it will cost money if he leaves his position, and I think Dai has zero interest in that.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 11 Nov 2023 18:30

Elm Park Kid People need to get used to the idea that he's not going to go until the takeover. Whatever anyone says, it will cost money if he leaves his position, and I think Dai has zero interest in that.

why do we persist with this line? remove him from post

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 11 Nov 2023 18:35

I’m actually very pro-Selles and I love it

I thought he gave great clear answers. I know exactly what he's up to.

Yeah, he was very clear what he said. I think you know exactly what's going to happen. I’m reassured, you’re reassured

I think he’s right to say, basically, let’s not predict, let’s just see what happens next week. I think he did the right thing there…

scumbag

by scumbag » 11 Nov 2023 20:51

Uke I’m actually very pro-Selles and I love it

I thought he gave great clear answers. I know exactly what he's up to.

Yeah, he was very clear what he said. I think you know exactly what's going to happen. I’m reassured, you’re reassured

I think he’s right to say, basically, let’s not predict, let’s just see what happens next week. I think he did the right thing there…

:lol:

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 12 Nov 2023 10:07

Just sack him for sheer incompetence and not fit for purpose. It may be too late but were heading one way with this clown at the helm!
If he whines about his contract not being paid up, let him join the list of debtors.

International break. Time to act!

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 12 Nov 2023 16:35

Still here then?

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 12 Nov 2023 16:40

I don’t like him

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 12 Nov 2023 17:18

I am beginning to think that Selles uses a random name picker device for team selections and substitutions.

He shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near a real football club and just stick to virtual games where his decisions can’t do any damage. He seriously has to be the worst manager we have had in my lifetime.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 12 Nov 2023 17:23

When did we last appoint a manager who didn't make us think "wtf?".

I'd say McDermott round 2 and Clarke were sensible. Clement had also done OK at Derby. But generally every appointment has come out of nowhere and made no sense.

Hopefully new owners do better.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Nov 2023 17:29

WestYorksRoyal When did we last appoint a manager who didn't make us think "wtf?".

I'd say McDermott round 2 and Clarke were sensible. Clement had also done OK at Derby. But generally every appointment has come out of nowhere and made no sense.

Bowen.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 12 Nov 2023 17:41

Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal When did we last appoint a manager who didn't make us think "wtf?".

Bowen.

Bowen did well, but it was very much a "wtf?" appointment.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 12 Nov 2023 17:50

Remember the days when we had some hope to cling on to even if it was faint

I miss those days

ILoveMoonPig

by ILoveMoonPig » 12 Nov 2023 18:00

I'm actually approaching a point of just accepting relegation. We're starting to fall behind now and don't look like winning anything. I just hope that we can start bedding in foundations of a team to compete in league 2.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 12 Nov 2023 18:04

ILoveMoonPig I'm actually approaching a point of just accepting relegation. We're starting to fall behind now and don't look like winning anything. I just hope that we can start bedding in foundations of a team to compete in league 2.

I did warn that relegation would be a disaster

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 12 Nov 2023 18:10

ILoveMoonPig I'm actually approaching a point of just accepting relegation. We're starting to fall behind now and don't look like winning anything. I just hope that we can start bedding in foundations of a team to compete in league 2.

Same I’m resigned to relegation

I just hate how numb I feel to it all, is this the same club I used to so and my days driving 120mi round trips to watch us and how much I enjoyed keeping tabs on transfers, checking results , looking at league tables getting online to grab PO tickets etc

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 12 Nov 2023 18:10

Royal_jimmy

A few of us did. But no it was the great reset. What we needed.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 12 Nov 2023 18:12

leon
Royal_jimmy

A few of us did. But no it was the great reset. What we needed.

Great reset mk2 next year

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 12 Nov 2023 18:19

Reset happens IF we get good new owners. If Dai stays or we get another disaster, the slide continues.

Obviously it would be preferable if the reset is in L1 instead of L2, but either way if we can get together a team who we enjoy watching and whom can compete in the league we're in, it will be more enjoyable than now.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Nov 2023 19:01

WestYorksRoyal
Snowflake Royal

Bowen.

Bowen did well, but it was very much a "wtf?" appointment.

Disagree entirely.

859 posts