Selles out

859 posts

Should Selles be shown the door now before the inevitable mid season sacking

Yes (and appoint Ian)
46%
No (it's a wonderful appointment and he'll get the club to scale heights never before seen at Reading)
43%
He won't be appointed in the first place
10%

Total votes: 69
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Selles out

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Dec 2023 13:13

It's not up to fans

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 11 Dec 2023 22:59

Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal
Snowflake Royal I can't. Either we have the right set up and we're too big a job for him, or we have the wrong set up and he should avoid us like the plague.

If we get the right set up, we don't become a big job overnight. There would be a L2/L1 rebuild job.

He's done big expectations and failed before. Our expectations with the right ownership would be essentially instant promotion from L2 or at least pushing for L1 play offs first full season.

His recent success is NL and L2 with bags of money to buy success, whilst we can't pay for a signing for at least another year.

If we were where we are now 10 years ago, yeah.

So who are these players that Wrexham has signed for bags of money?

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 11 Dec 2023 23:09

karbota
Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal If we get the right set up, we don't become a big job overnight. There would be a L2/L1 rebuild job.

He's done big expectations and failed before. Our expectations with the right ownership would be essentially instant promotion from L2 or at least pushing for L1 play offs first full season.

His recent success is NL and L2 with bags of money to buy success, whilst we can't pay for a signing for at least another year.

A familiar name for one, George Evans from Millwall . Reckoned to be on around £7k a week.

Total player wage bill is over £ 5 million a year.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 11 Dec 2023 23:13

Fans seem to have delusions of mediocrity on here. Even with new owners, our options will be limited when replacing Selles.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 12 Dec 2023 09:00

Lower West
karbota
Snowflake Royal He's done big expectations and failed before. Our expectations with the right ownership would be essentially instant promotion from L2 or at least pushing for L1 play offs first full season.

A familiar name for one, George Evans from Millwall . Reckoned to be on around £7k a week.

Total player wage bill is over £ 5 million a year.

Ovie Ejaria is on £7,800 per week, and Wrexham's total wage bill is very similar to Readings.

Bags of money, No.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 12 Dec 2023 10:25

Don't rise to that one guys. No one is that willfully thick to not know the difference.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 12 Dec 2023 11:33

Orion1871 Don't rise to that one guys. No one is that willfully thick to not know the difference.

My point is that Parky has built that winning team through a mixture of shrewd free-transfer deals, player loans, and the use of homegrown talent, rarely dipping into the transfer market and then only paying small fees.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Dec 2023 22:11

16.7% career win rate for Selles in the league.

This guy is guilty of fraud.

scumbag

by scumbag » 12 Dec 2023 22:31

Get rid.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 12 Dec 2023 22:42

Snowflake Royal 16.7% career win rate for Selles in the league.

Stop bringing his Soton record into it. His record here doesn't need dragging down to make your point.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 Dec 2023 22:45

Kits had a real go at things. A team that tries to play academy nonsense safeball rather than taking risks. Not understanding why you would leave wifi on the bench in such a "go nowhere" nonperformance. Players don't seem to be all that fit, would be surprised if any player beat a 12k on the night.

Separately don't believe Selles handles confrontation well. Yet another "yes man" manager, eg Hutchinson practically disappears after his Shrewsbury comments - might well explain why other players go awol for periods of time.

Wish you could pin all these dreadful managerial appointments onto one person at the club, but over 6 years now you can't do that so really don't know why and how they keep finding and employing them.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Dec 2023 22:46

WestYorksRoyal
Snowflake Royal 16.7% career win rate for Selles in the league.

Stop bringing his Soton record into it. His record here doesn't need dragging down to make your point.

His career performance is relevant to his quality as a manager and whether this is just down to our circumstances. And appointing him in the first place.

You're welcome to add the RFC exclusive stat yourself if you want.

It's not much different at 20%.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Dec 2023 22:57

Getting to the point of not wanting to watch us with Selles in charge now

Think that was about the worst we’ve played this season. No excuse with having our first choice 11 on the pitch

Subs just like for like when we are playing crap. No plan b. Plan a just to run Azeez, Knibbs and Smith into the ground and hope they conjure something

Awful

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 12 Dec 2023 23:34

Hound Getting to the point of not wanting to watch us with Selles in charge now

Think that was about the worst we’ve played this season. No excuse with having our first choice 11 on the pitch

Subs just like for like when we are playing crap. No plan b. Plan a just to run Azeez, Knibbs and Smith into the ground and hope they conjure something

Awful

I completely agree with this.

I can’t face the thought of watching us play anymore while Selles remains in charge. I am going out of habit and because I am worrying about us not finishing the season.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Dec 2023 00:43

blythspartan
Hound Getting to the point of not wanting to watch us with Selles in charge now

Awful

I completely agree with this.

I can’t face the thought of watching us play anymore while Selles remains in charge. I am going out of habit and because I am worrying about us not finishing the season.

Yeah, it's getting a bit Incey.

Although I'm sure someone will tell us we've only lost 3 of our last 10 games soon, so we're getting better.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 13 Dec 2023 09:05

One Selles quote from post match I think says a lot about our problems:

"We are not there yet where we can dominate for 95-100 minutes".

I think that is genuinely the end game he is working towards, and we see 20-30 minute flashes of how it could work. Unfortunately, no team in L1 will maintain it for an entire game and it's also very rare in the Championship. You need a big, fit squad where every player is capable.

We need simple plans and plans for phases of the game where we're on the back foot. That's how you win games; you keep teams out when they're on top and score when you're on top. Trying a build a L1 Man City is a road to nowhere.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Dec 2023 10:24

The guy is a deluded incompetent.

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 13 Dec 2023 12:57

Snowflake Royal The guy is a deluded incompetent.

Nice sig, etc.

I used to think there was a decent coach hidden somewhere inside him. He sort of looks the part.

I don't think that any more.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 Mar 2024 17:20

Still hopeless.

859 posts