“ Sell before we Dai “ supporters action group v2.0

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

Re: “ Sell before we Dai “ supporters action group

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 21 Jun 2023 12:12

Brogue
YorkshireRoyal99
Brogue I would like to think that with a thread-bare squad on low wages, and assuming the debt gets written off as part of the sale, a well-run league one club doesn't need the deep pockets you need to have in the champ or prem. We just need someone with medium wealth now, don't we? Which should open the door for a larger pool of interested buyers, maybe :?

At which stage it would take someone with deep pockets at this level to come in and write the debts off almost instantly alongside the sale. Not to say it would stop someone buying the club, with a large proportion of the debts remaining and then being paid off over time.

The biggest problem for me we are losing about £400k a week on operating costs, that's what needs to come down for the club to be run sustainably. Either that or we need to be selling players on for sizeable fees each season (possibly even each window) in order to cover those costs as well, let alone profit or have something that we can then actually spend.

where has the 400k per week figure come from? that is £20 million over the year. The 21/22 accounts published we had pre tax loses of £17.3m Total outgoings were £42.2m of which £25.3m were wages and £16.9m other.

That may have been last year, rather than this year so it does seem like it's decreased a little. Kieran Maguire has also said he believes we are still losing about £2m a month, but that's with everything included. Still though, specifics aside, £16.9m is still £325k a week in costs, so yes it seems like it's reduced but it's still "high". However, what it doesn't show is what other clubs at Championship level costs are excluding wages. I know Bristol City's and Birmingham's are/were particularly high, but not sure whether that's a true reflection.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 21 Jun 2023 12:21

YorkshireRoyal99
Brogue
YorkshireRoyal99
At which stage it would take someone with deep pockets at this level to come in and write the debts off almost instantly alongside the sale. Not to say it would stop someone buying the club, with a large proportion of the debts remaining and then being paid off over time.

The biggest problem for me we are losing about £400k a week on operating costs, that's what needs to come down for the club to be run sustainably. Either that or we need to be selling players on for sizeable fees each season (possibly even each window) in order to cover those costs as well, let alone profit or have something that we can then actually spend.

where has the 400k per week figure come from? that is £20 million over the year. The 21/22 accounts published we had pre tax loses of £17.3m Total outgoings were £42.2m of which £25.3m were wages and £16.9m other.

That may have been last year, rather than this year so it does seem like it's decreased a little. Kieran Maguire has also said he believes we are still losing about £2m a month, but that's with everything included. Still though, specifics aside, £16.9m is still £325k a week in costs, so yes it seems like it's reduced but it's still "high". However, what it doesn't show is what other clubs at Championship level costs are excluding wages. I know Bristol City's and Birmingham's are/were particularly high, but not sure whether that's a true reflection.

I think football has moved on in the SJM era. Relative to L1, we effectively bank rolled promotion, but in the Championship we incurred losses we he considered sustainable and were able to compete at the top of the table doing that.

Now parachute payments have increased and the Championship is packed with ambitious owners willing to bet big. Could we be like Millwall and Preston who comfortably survive? Or even Luton? Yes, but we could also be like Rotherham who are just happy to survive.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 21 Jun 2023 12:24

Green
Winston Biscuit Not keen on the name. Its like calling it Sell Before We Geoff. The owner could potentially think its a campaign to support him.

Came in to say the opposite, I like it. We must keep a sense of humour, and indeed humility.

Presumably little thought given to the acronym though "SBWD" Should've had it spell out STUFFED or SCREWED.

Live Fast, Dai Yongge

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Jun 2023 12:25

We know roughly how much Dai sold himself the stadium and training ground. So our cost is about that combined given the actual team is worth piss all and we've since been relegated. Maybe less as his sales were clearly a financial fiddle.

I struggle to see how our non-wage costs are legitimately so high. The Academy should cost maybe £2.5m a year. Women's team similar if that's even included. Ok electricity prices soared and we use a lot of water... but really?

Good for this group by the way. Thesooner Dai goes the better. Doesn’t mean he'll sell to anyone better, but we can't carry on like this. The argument for not wanting him to go because we might get worse isn't popular when it comes to sacking managers is it.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 21 Jun 2023 12:42

WestYorksRoyal
YorkshireRoyal99
Brogue

I think football has moved on in the SJM era. Relative to L1, we effectively bank rolled promotion, but in the Championship we incurred losses we he considered sustainable and were able to compete at the top of the table doing that.

Now parachute payments have increased and the Championship is packed with ambitious owners willing to bet big. Could we be like Millwall and Preston who comfortably survive? Or even Luton? Yes, but we could also be like Rotherham who are just happy to survive.

Yeah and that's what I mean about whether that's just the "going rate" for Championship level losses now. It does seem like a lot of clubs have to sell a player in a lot of cases in order to keep their losses sustainable, even Preston's finances recently were poorer than usual, although they put it down to Covid losses.

We just have to find that balance and we probably need to understand and accept (as hard as that's been for Dai) that we will need to let go of a few players in order to achieve that balance financially.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 21 Jun 2023 13:17

YorkshireRoyal99
WestYorksRoyal
YorkshireRoyal99

Yeah and that's what I mean about whether that's just the "going rate" for Championship level losses now. It does seem like a lot of clubs have to sell a player in a lot of cases in order to keep their losses sustainable, even Preston's finances recently were poorer than usual, although they put it down to Covid losses.

We just have to find that balance and we probably need to understand and accept (as hard as that's been for Dai) that we will need to let go of a few players in order to achieve that balance financially.

Some sort of fan led consortium with money injected by SJM and the SCL guys is a great idea for romantics, but we'd face this reality pretty quickly. But then I could happily accept that to be a well run community club again.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 21 Jun 2023 13:19

Out of interest what fan groups is this?

Assume TTE, STAR?? Who else is there aside from a few twitter idiots with half a dozen people following them

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 21 Jun 2023 13:21

Mid Sussex Royal Out of interest what fan groups is this?

Assume TTE, STAR?? Who else is there aside from a few twitter idiots with half a dozen people following them

It is largely the same people associated to multiple groups from what I have seen.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 21 Jun 2023 13:27

I'll be honest, I don't have much issue with Dai staying, but he has to relinquish control and just be the financier. Pang needs to go and be replaced with a CEO who knows what he is doing (it shows how good Nigel Howe was) and has the final say on all decisions within the budgets he has been set.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 21 Jun 2023 13:44

Dai is too stubborn to do that

elrey

by elrey » 21 Jun 2023 13:47

Winston Biscuit Not keen on the name. Its like calling it Sell Before We Geoff. The owner could potentially think its a campaign to support him.

"Dai" in Chinese is said like "die" in English.

On Strings

by On Strings » 21 Jun 2023 13:49

Mid Sussex Royal Out of interest what fan groups is this?

All of them. STAR, TTE, C1871, EPR and one or two more.

elrey

by elrey » 21 Jun 2023 13:51

Elm Park Kid I was told on here yesterday that making a pun using a Chinese name was 'casual racism' . . . . . .

Surely even calling him "Chinese" is casual racism, or even actually mentioning him at all.

I live in China, and the ease with which "China" can get offended it ridiculous.

They got "offended" that the Lanzhou marathon had all foreigners at the front of race. It's literally the way ALL marathon function with the fastest runners at the front (so they don't end up hitting the slower runners).

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 21 Jun 2023 13:55

elrey
Elm Park Kid I was told on here yesterday that making a pun using a Chinese name was 'casual racism' . . . . . .

Surely even calling him "Chinese" is casual racism, or even actually mentioning him at all.

I live in China, and the ease with which "China" can get offended it ridiculous.

They got "offended" that the Lanzhou marathon had all foreigners at the front of race. It's literally the way ALL marathon function with the fastest runners at the front (so they don't end up hitting the slower runners).

FFS everything said in society is racist in this country :roll:

elrey

by elrey » 21 Jun 2023 13:59

Royal_jimmy
elrey

Not everything.

When a black theatre group said "only blacks should watch our play", nobody battered an eyelid. Apparently only white people can be racists.

Oh, and the black Man Citeh "fan" who said they should take the ships off of the Man Citeh crest because they represented the slave trade (even though the slave trade had been banned by the time Manchester had ships coming into its port, but hey, facts are a little inconvenient these days too).

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 21 Jun 2023 14:03

elrey

I am aware. But its his name so he will read it as Sell Before We Elrey

elrey

by elrey » 21 Jun 2023 14:06

Winston Biscuit
elrey

I am aware. But its his name so he will read it as Sell Before We Elrey

Well, if he does then it's because he's employing bad translators.

It's pretty obvious what it means, and in a saving face society like China, it's probably going to read more like "Sell Before We DAI IS A COMPLETE LOSER"

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Jun 2023 14:09

Royal_jimmy
elrey

These days you get arrested and thrown in jail if you say your English

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Jun 2023 14:11

leon
Royal_jimmy
elrey

These days you get arrested and thrown in jail if you say your English

When did this come in?

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 21 Jun 2023 14:15

Wycombe Royal I'll be honest, I don't have much issue with Dai staying, but he has to relinquish control and just be the financier. Pang needs to go and be replaced with a CEO who knows what he is doing (it shows how good Nigel Howe was) and has the final say on all decisions within the budgets he has been set.

That was my view at the end of the season. Look how that's working out. He will never step back and leave it to footballing people