“ Sell before we Dai “ supporters action group v2.0

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: “ Sell before we Dai “ supporters action group

by Brogue » 22 Jun 2023 23:37

maffff Well, I'm here and keeping an eye on any meaningful contributions that we could take on board as ideas. :D

Can we hire a plane that tows a banner with dai out on it and fly it over bearwood ?

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 22 Jun 2023 23:39

Can we do a just stop oil style protest and glue ourselves to the entrance of the training round?

Needle

by Needle » 23 Jun 2023 00:01

Brogue Can we do a just stop oil style protest and glue ourselves to the entrance of the training round?

You'd be stopping what, 7 players from training?

Squad's small enough to go down Goals instead

elrey

by elrey » 23 Jun 2023 06:49

Tilehurstsouthbank
elrey
When a black theatre group said "only blacks should watch our play", nobody battered an eyelid. Apparently only white people can be racists.

Not quite what they said mate. They said they would prefer if on one particular night they had pre-arranged that it would be black audience members preferable.

Imagine if a white person had said this "We'd prefer it if this night only white people turned up", you can imagine the uproar.

elrey

by elrey » 23 Jun 2023 06:54

Orion1871
Tilehurstsouthbank
elrey
When a black theatre group said "only blacks should watch our play", nobody battered an eyelid. Apparently only white people can be racists.

Not quite what they said mate. They said they would prefer if on one particular night they had pre-arranged that it would be black audience members preferable.

You can't expect bigots to read.

You think I'm a bigot because I show the difference between what would happen if the same thing were done by white people?

This is someone who has spent the last 12 years living in China, married to a Chinese person, also spend five years living in other countries, travelled around the world in Africa, Asia, North and South America... and I'm a bigot because..... you think I "can't read"?

https://blackoutnite.com/#about

"A BLACK OUT is the purposeful creation of an environment in which an all-Black-identifying audience"

So, if I had a "WHITE OUT" and made it with an "all-White-identifying audience", how do you think that would go down?

And this sounds exactly like "only blacks should watch our play" to me.

elrey

by elrey » 23 Jun 2023 06:55

NathStPaul RACISTS ASSEMBLE!

And who are the racists?

The ones who say "only people of this race should come to see our performance" or the ones who say "if this were white people saying this about the white race, there'd be uproar"?????

elrey

by elrey » 23 Jun 2023 06:56

Winston Biscuit
elrey When a black theatre group said "only blacks should watch our play", nobody battered an eyelid. Apparently only white people can be racists

They didn't say that. You are doing that weird thing of making something up that someone said then getting upset at the thing you have made up.

"A BLACK OUT is the purposeful creation of an environment in which an all-Black-identifying audience "

How do you get an "all-Black-identifying audience" without saying "white people don't turn up"?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Jun 2023 07:04

:roll:

Can we keep the political cr@pola on the AE board please?

For the record they have stated they want a black identifying audience not "no whites", in this day and age no doubt there are white people who identify as black out there so presumably they'd be quite welcome to attend.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Jun 2023 07:08

elrey
Orion1871
Tilehurstsouthbank

You think I'm a bigot because I show the difference between what would happen if the same thing were done by white people?

This is someone who has spent the last 12 years living in China, married to a Chinese person, also spend five years living in other countries, travelled around the world in Africa, Asia, North and South America... and I'm a bigot because..... you think I "can't read"?

"A BLACK OUT is the purposeful creation of an environment in which an all-Black-identifying audience"

So, if I had a "WHITE OUT" and made it with an "all-White-identifying audience", how do you think that would go down?

Yeah, because only a bigot would try to make the comparison you make with no consideration of how the history of oppression and racism against black people changes the context of the action and has no comparison to white people.

It's like saying the mobo awards are racist, where are the mowo awards.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 23 Jun 2023 08:16

elrey
Winston Biscuit
elrey When a black theatre group said "only blacks should watch our play", nobody battered an eyelid. Apparently only white people can be racists

They didn't say that. You are doing that weird thing of making something up that someone said then getting upset at the thing you have made up.

"A BLACK OUT is the purposeful creation of an environment in which an all-Black-identifying audience "

How do you get an "all-Black-identifying audience" without saying "white people don't turn up"?

just done a quick search in that link for the words you put in speech marks as you claimed they said. Surprisingly they can't be found!

elrey

by elrey » 23 Jun 2023 08:36

Snowflake Royal
elrey
Orion1871

Yeah, because only a bigot would try to make the comparison you make with no consideration of how the history of oppression and racism against black people changes the context of the action and has no comparison to white people.

It's like saying the mobo awards are racist, where are the mowo awards.

So, you're saying it's racist for a white person to exclude black people, but it's not racist for black people to exclude white people because....???

Wait, get this, most black people in the UK don't have heritage in the UK going back to the slave trade. So, most black people in the UK have not been subject to "oppression" any more than white people have, slavery existing mostly during the Roman times.

So, there are different "rules" in place for people based on their race? That sounds kind of.... racist to me.

elrey

by elrey » 23 Jun 2023 08:38

Winston Biscuit
elrey
Winston Biscuit

just done a quick search in that link for the words you put in speech marks as you claimed they said. Surprisingly they can't be found!

Are you serious? Do you really think that when I put it in speech marks that I was actually directly quoting someone? Oh my word.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 23 Jun 2023 08:44

Classic Team Board , a thread about a fans movement and protest against the owners and it descends into a race flame war ffs.

Can everyone just stop :roll: how about we get back to the matter at hand yeah? You bunch of massive vvankers :roll:

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 23 Jun 2023 09:16

Brogue Classic Team Board , a thread about a fans movement and protest against the owners and it descends into a race flame war ffs.

Can everyone just stop :roll: how about we get back to the matter at hand yeah? You bunch of massive vvankers :roll:

Racist?

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 23 Jun 2023 09:25

NathStPaul
Brogue Classic Team Board , a thread about a fans movement and protest against the owners and it descends into a race flame war ffs.

Racist?

I'm not no, i have a black cat so i can't be.

hobnob
Site Admin

by hobnob » 23 Jun 2023 09:33

Locking this so we can get back onto the subject on a new or existing thread.