#SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

2661 posts
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: “ Sell before we Dai “ supporters action group v2.1

by RoyalBlue » 23 Jun 2023 15:12

Elm Park Kid Dai is unlikely to get any money himself for the club. The full amount would go on paying debtors (if we didn't pay HMRC any PAYE last year than has to be about £10m alone).

He'll get whatever the new owners are prepared to pay for stadium and training ground. Probably around that £30m mark.

I agree with your general point but I very much doubt that HMRC would've let us go a year without paying across PAYE that was due. Payments are due at least quarterly and, if we'd been late before, I suspect HMRC would already be insisting on monthly payments.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 23 Jun 2023 15:57

When we do enter administration, what happens to people who have already bought season tickets ? Would they get there money back?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Jun 2023 15:58

Why would they?

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 23 Jun 2023 17:11

Jackson Corner When we do enter administration, what happens to people who have already bought season tickets ? Would they get there money back?

Almost all of our debt is to Dai. What would be the point of going into administration?

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 23 Jun 2023 18:08

tmesis
Jackson Corner When we do enter administration, what happens to people who have already bought season tickets ? Would they get there money back?

Almost all of our debt is to Dai. What would be the point of going into administration?

If Dai is unprepared to put in any more capital to pay existing obligations then that might be the only option.

If the club is sold to someone else as part of the administration process then that has no impact on season ticket holders.

Obviously if the club folded completely then no one gets anything back.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 23 Jun 2023 18:52

Elm Park Kid
tmesis

If Dai is unprepared to put in any more capital to pay existing obligations then that might be the only option.

If the club is sold to someone else as part of the administration process then that has no impact on season ticket holders.

The obligations are mainly to the playing staff, and those obligations have to be paid in full.

If the club is liquidated then all creditors are paid out of the sale of the club assets, but there aren't many of those.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Jun 2023 19:31

tmesis
Elm Park Kid
tmesis Almost all of our debt is to Dai. What would be the point of going into administration?

The obligations are mainly to the playing staff, and those obligations have to be paid in full.

If the club is liquidated then all creditors are paid out of the sale of the club assets, but there aren't many of those.

Most disgusting of all is that football creditors get everything back or at least the priority over everyone else.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 23 Jun 2023 20:32

Sutekh
tmesis
Elm Park Kid

Most disgusting of all is that football creditors get everything back or at least the priority over everyone else.

I think that's only true for administration, not liquidation.

With the way transfer fees are paid over a number of years, I wonder if we still are paying for some of our signings.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

Re: “ Sell before we Dai “ supporters action group v2.0

by maffff » 23 Jun 2023 23:36

WestYorksRoyal
Needle I thought this was foolishness, wanting to get rid of an owner who is putting money into the club, albeit badly. Who is going to buy him out?

But the drip drip drip of financial bad news and incompetence just keeps coming, and we face a third season with points deductions. I'm 100% Dai out as of last night.

Administration, a 12pt penalty and a fresh start looks like the only way forward.

If you step back from the crisis, we still have loads of potential as a club. Stadium, training facilities, academy, large catchment area, relatively recent success.

A savvy investor would see the current crisis as an opportunity to make a bargain purchase, so I would expect interest.

and as a campaign, protests are just one element. We want to really showcase all that potential and try to help catch the eye of possible investors. Show what about the club makes it such a great investment opportunity, all the benefits of Reading (catchment area, ease of travel, major tech firms on doorstep etc etc...).

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

Re: “ Sell before we Dai “ supporters action group v2.0

by Orion1871 » 24 Jun 2023 02:42

maffff
WestYorksRoyal
Needle I thought this was foolishness, wanting to get rid of an owner who is putting money into the club, albeit badly. Who is going to buy him out?

But the drip drip drip of financial bad news and incompetence just keeps coming, and we face a third season with points deductions. I'm 100% Dai out as of last night.

Administration, a 12pt penalty and a fresh start looks like the only way forward.

If you step back from the crisis, we still have loads of potential as a club. Stadium, training facilities, academy, large catchment area, relatively recent success.

A savvy investor would see the current crisis as an opportunity to make a bargain purchase, so I would expect interest.

and as a campaign, protests are just one element. We want to really showcase all that potential and try to help catch the eye of possible investors. Show what about the club makes it such a great investment opportunity, all the benefits of Reading (catchment area, ease of travel, major tech firms on doorstep etc etc...).

Film studio on the doorstep too. The next Ryan Reynolds (and that other bloke) could be filming down the road.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 24 Jun 2023 04:13

Latest rumour is that we've paid of everything we owe and Selles has signed a contract. What's the move if it turns out to have been a big mistake? Too little, too late?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 24 Jun 2023 06:30

If they/you want a refund just call the TO, they are offering it.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 24 Jun 2023 11:39

Pepe the Horseman Latest rumour is that we've paid of everything we owe and Selles has signed a contract. What's the move if it turns out to have been a big mistake? Too little, too late?

The club shouldn't be owned by someone who (for whatever reason) would allow key obligations to go unpaid for any period of time.

If the guy is so rich then why not just put £10-20m in a UK emergency fund for the club that can be used for these scenarios.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 24 Jun 2023 17:34

tmesis

I doubt it is. Company structures can be complex across international borders. Highly possible there's external debt lurking somewhere.

dizzynewheights
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Waitin at a red light, Kentucky Fried Chicken in, Low End Theory tape in, bass crazy kicking in

by dizzynewheights » 24 Jun 2023 19:27

I listened back to the #SellBeforeWeDai podcast this morning and the way that little kid - who just wanted to talk about the manager - was treated was disgusting. I hope the jumped up, self important prick who thought it was OK to behave like that gets caught up with by the kids dad and gets his teeth knocked out, the prick

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 25 Jun 2023 16:35

dizzynewheights I listened back to the #SellBeforeWeDai podcast this morning and the way that little kid - who just wanted to talk about the manager - was treated was disgusting. I hope the jumped up, self important prick who thought it was OK to behave like that gets caught up with by the kids dad and gets his teeth knocked out, the prick

Mason was immediately spoken to separately and he was absolutely fine about it, there'll be plenty of opportunities to talk about the new manager and we'll ensure he's given opportunity through a separate forum. Seems like a good kid.

He didn't think we were rude and there was absolutely no intention to be. Apologies if that's how it came across to you.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 25 Jun 2023 16:41

Elm Park Kid The club shouldn't be owned by someone who (for whatever reason) would allow key obligations to go unpaid for any period of time.

This is key, even if we get organised over the summer, restrictions are lifted and we were to start to have some forms of success he's shown he cannot be trusted. The number of times there haven't been sufficient financial mitigations in place alongside continual errors of judgment have given plenty of reasons by now to say we will never be safe and secure under this owner.

RoyalJones

by RoyalJones » 25 Jun 2023 17:32

What are we wanting from a new owner if Dai sells up then?

Someone who pays players and staff on time and in full has to be a key priority, as well as hiring knowledgable people behind the scenes and giving them the power to make key decisions.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 25 Jun 2023 18:20

I wonder if fans would be happy with Mike Ashley.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 25 Jun 2023 19:06

Have STAR come out with a statement since they're backing this? Nothing on their website or here....

They are supposed to be link between club and fans....

2661 posts