#SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

2661 posts
Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: “ Sell before we Dai “ supporters action group v2.2

by Royal_jimmy » 31 Jul 2023 14:53

Snowflake Royal On the other hand, oxf*rd spending any more of my time at the depression bowl than I absolutely have to.

Remember you wanted league one football. Your wish is granted :wink:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Jul 2023 14:59

Royal_jimmy
Snowflake Royal On the other hand, oxf*rd spending any more of my time at the depression bowl than I absolutely have to.

Remember you wanted league one football. Your wish is granted :wink:

The level is immaterial. And we'll do better in L1 this season than we would have done in the Championship. So piss off.

What I wanted was Dai out, a reset and some decent planning. Halfway there on two of them.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 31 Jul 2023 15:00

Linden Jones' Tash
Brogue
Linden Jones' Tash so I am seeing on social media that Dia maybe at the training ground showing around a prospective owner...

and people on social media are suggesting going down there to protest...

not sure a prospective new owner seeing the previous owner getting abuse from the fan base is a good way to get a prospective new owner to part with a significant sum and commit to losing money every year with little chance of ever making it back..

none of them virgins are going to go to the training ground. they haven't got the minerals

just strikes me as massively counter-productive strategy.....

I still have trouble processing the protest because the owner spent too much....

I'm old enough to remember the abuse Boards and Chairmen got in the past for not spending money....

But hey ho, modern life is rubbish

Who cares how much he has spent, he's also sold off the clubs assets to fund half of it.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 31 Jul 2023 15:57

Forbury Lion PAP - Protest After Peterborough

Anyone go to the original PAP - Party After Peterborough?, was organised by a bunch of nobbers at the Holiday Inn after the last game of the season against the Posh, There were some special guests including Phil Parkinson and Sir John Madejski.... or possibly just John Madejski back then. A Walsall fan also travelled down for it as they were a regular on here after joining in the build up to us playing them.

Doubt there are many still on here who went, were around at the time or even recall being in league 1/Divison 2.

Sadly some who went are no longer with us - I know one isn't but considering how long ago it was and how old some were, possibly a few more have departed.

What was the Walsall fan's name?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 31 Jul 2023 17:01

BarryWhiteRFC

Anyone go to the original PAP - Party After Peterborough?, was organised by a bunch of nobbers at the Holiday Inn after the last game of the season against the Posh, There were some special guests including Phil Parkinson and Sir John Madejski.... or possibly just John Madejski back then. A Walsall fan also travelled down for it as they were a regular on here after joining in the build up to us playing them.

Doubt there are many still on here who went, were around at the time or even recall being in league 1/Divison 2.

Sadly some who went are no longer with us - I know one isn't but considering how long ago it was and how old some were, possibly a few more have departed.

Oh yeah, I went to that, under a different guise back then. Was a good night. What I remember of it! And it was just John Madejski who turned up, no Phil Parkinson. Sadly.
I might have imagined Phil Parkinson - Thought he was there early then shot off long before Sir John arrived.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 31 Jul 2023 17:03

Pepe the Horseman

What was the Walsall fan's name?
Hobnob name was Saddlersbabe, can't remember her real name. Did have it and her address as she was in need of a charger for Siemens S25 mobile phone and I had one spare after upgrading to a Nokia 3310 or 3330.... all I remember is the address was in Walsall.

Also, there was allegedly an incident in one of the bedrooms in which a light got knocked over and the fingers were pointed at her and another nobber.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 31 Jul 2023 17:37

Royal_jimmy
Who cares how much he has spent, he's also sold off the clubs assets to fund half of it.

this is not fundamentally true. He sold Hogwood (to himself) and the stadium (to himself) purely to create an accounting profit which was allowed at the time under the EFL's P&S rules. He'd already put the money into the club at that stage; this was just a way to get around some of the rules.

If he had sold it to a third party I'd be much more concerned (look at the recent Peterborough news, same with Derby and, back in the day, Portsmouth and I'm sure there's plenty of others). Even when Zingaravich borrowed money from Vibrac as an advance against parachute payments, meant we were in a worse position. We need to be just as concerned if any investor is a "financial investor" as opposed to someone who just wants to buy a football club and throw money at it (which is what Dai has done to date).

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 01 Aug 2023 10:09

I was there and remember Saddlersbabe!
:) :) :)

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 01 Aug 2023 11:01

seems dai was at bearwood yesterday. Not a single #sellbeforewedai turned up. surely that was their opportunity to make themselves noticed by the great man himself. Someone on Twitter is throwing them some pelters for it. it does seem this is all a waste of time, im really not sure why noone attended

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 01 Aug 2023 11:02

Brogue seems dai was at bearwood yesterday. Not a single #sellbeforewedai turned up. surely that was their opportunity to make themselves noticed by the great man himself. Someone on Twitter is throwing them some pelters for it. it does seem this is all a waste of time, im really not sure why noone attended

Yep appreciate people have jobs etc. But seriously is there ever was a time to protest it was then, guess sitting up in the corner when Dai is back in China will do the trick though.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 01 Aug 2023 11:15

Brogue seems dai was at bearwood yesterday. Not a single #sellbeforewedai turned up. surely that was their opportunity to make themselves noticed by the great man himself. Someone on Twitter is throwing them some pelters for it. it does seem this is all a waste of time, im really not sure why noone attended

How do you know he was? would that be the same source that told you the embargo would be lifted today?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 01 Aug 2023 11:16

3points
Royal_jimmy

this is not fundamentally true. He sold Hogwood (to himself) and the stadium (to himself) purely to create an accounting profit which was allowed at the time under the EFL's P&S rules. He'd already put the money into the club at that stage; this was just a way to get around some of the rules.

If he had sold it to a third party I'd be much more concerned (look at the recent Peterborough news, same with Derby and, back in the day, Portsmouth and I'm sure there's plenty of others). Even when Zingaravich borrowed money from Vibrac as an advance against parachute payments, meant we were in a worse position. We need to be just as concerned if any investor is a "financial investor" as opposed to someone who just wants to buy a football club and throw money at it (which is what Dai has done to date).

This is so very true.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 01 Aug 2023 11:17

windermereROYAL

How do you know he was? would that be the same source that told you the embargo would be lifted today?

HI WR, you sound hot what are you wearing :?:

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 01 Aug 2023 11:25

Brogue
windermereROYAL

HI WR, you sound hot what are you wearing :?:

Just a little number a threw on this morning, luckily I haven`t left the house yet.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 01 Aug 2023 11:43

Theroyalbox

Yep appreciate people have jobs etc.

Most of the Sellbeforewedaiers are on school holibobs though?

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 01 Aug 2023 11:51

Silver Fox
Theroyalbox

It would make sense as to why they can't organise anything!

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 01 Aug 2023 11:55

3points
Royal_jimmy

If he had sold it to a third party I'd be much more concerned

Perhaps the money to fund the transactions was borrowed.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 01 Aug 2023 12:12

Silver Fox
Theroyalbox

and STAR were on a coach to Weymouth on a OAP special.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Aug 2023 12:15

windermereROYAL

SBWD obviously have not got the sources amongst them to tip them off so they wouldn't have known Dai was there or perhaps they should always be there cluttering up the place and making themselves a nuisance, which'll really help persuading players to join.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Aug 2023 12:22

I don’t think a couple of dozen people turning up at the training ground will get as much notice as hundreds, maybe thousands engaging in protest at games.

We all choose how we protest. If you don't like how others do it, and think you have a better approach, do it.

Always easy to sit back and criticise what others are trying to do, whilst doing nothing yourself. Was exactly the same with C1871.

2661 posts