#SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

2661 posts
windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: “ Sell before we Dai “ supporters action group v2.2

by windermereROYAL » 26 Sep 2023 10:35

The march for the Portsmouth game could be interesting, it had an impact during the Maxwell saga that`s for sure, no roads are not busy on a Saturday afternoon, there could be quite some disruption if enough people turn out.
Might need to cooperate with the old bill first though.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 26 Sep 2023 10:45

It won't work.

HTH.

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 26 Sep 2023 11:20

Royal Ginger
Mid Sussex Royal If wages aren't paid on Friday need to look at more,

Cricket balls?

Footballs?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 26 Sep 2023 11:21

Snowflake Royal
Mid Sussex Royal Tennis balls back on for Sat, 16th min. Just hope we're not defending a corner.

If wages aren't paid on Friday need to look at more, we carried a coffin draped with scarves from town when Maxwell was kicking off.

I'd rather it was as the teams were lining up to kick off first or second half, or as the whistle goes at HT.
+1

Would get a mention on Soccer Saturday , Game delayed due to balls on the pitch, If they time it right the could throw a second wave of balls just as they've cleared the first lot up and then repeat just before the second half kicks off.

In theory, if our players are aware this will happen too they can prepare mentally and not be affected, might give us a small advantage over the opposition when the whistle blows

If the balls on the pitch at the wrong time cause either a lapse of concentration leading to an opposition goal or a fluffed chance for us to score a goal then that could doom the club because it may cost us points or even just goal difference at the end of the season because with further points deductions, it will be tight at end of season and relegation to league 2 would kill the club.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 26 Sep 2023 11:25

MartinRdg
Royal Ginger
Mid Sussex Royal If wages aren't paid on Friday need to look at more,

Cricket balls?

Footballs?

Try getting a couple of hundred of them through the turnstiles

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Sep 2023 12:47

windermereROYAL
MartinRdg
Royal Ginger Cricket balls?

Footballs?

Knives?

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 26 Sep 2023 13:52

windermereROYAL
MartinRdg
Royal Ginger Cricket balls?

Footballs?

Players (on both sides) could help out in the warm-up by booting as many balls as possible into the crowd (like they do most weeks) but this time the crowd doesn't returning them.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 26 Sep 2023 13:53

NathStPaul It won't work.

HTH.

I'm not sure it "working" is really much of the point anymore.

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 26 Sep 2023 13:57

I have not trawled back through the entire thread to see if this has been addressed already, but prior to the Bolton game, I was given a more attentive frisk than I've had since the Elm Park days. What was the stewards' attitude to tennis balls in coat pockets or bags? Do we have reason to think they will try to confiscate them on Saturday?

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 26 Sep 2023 14:21

East Grinstead Royal I have not trawled back through the entire thread to see if this has been addressed already, but prior to the Bolton game, I was given a more attentive frisk than I've had since the Elm Park days. What was the stewards' attitude to tennis balls in coat pockets or bags? Do we have reason to think they will try to confiscate them on Saturday?

I wondered the same and also under what part of the Ground Regulations (https://www.readingfc.co.uk/club/polici ... gulations/) tennis balls could be confiscated (aka stolen)?

The act that breaks the regs is the actual throwing:

The following acts are offences under the Football (Offences) Act 1991 (as amended):
11.1 the throwing of any object within the Ground without lawful authority

Delboy

by Delboy » 26 Sep 2023 15:21

if everyone had black balloons let off on the 16th minute, stewards could not detect, cheap on line or in shops, would look effective , tell press in advance . all stands could join in.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 26 Sep 2023 15:27

Yeah that will show them Delboy.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 26 Sep 2023 15:38

NathStPaul Yeah that will show them Delboy.

And your alternative plan is?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 26 Sep 2023 15:45

muirinho

Not my job I'm afraid. The protest group deliberately excluded HNA, they have made their choices and will have to live with them.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 26 Sep 2023 15:53

NathStPaul
muirinho

Not my job I'm afraid. The protest group deliberately excluded HNA, they have made their choices and will have to live with them.

Ah right, so if only they had issued a gold-plated invitation to you personally, you'd be able to give them the benefit of your wisdom and expertise.

Reaching out, via all the mechanisms that were available, contacting any of the people involved via Star, via DM'ing the posters on HNA that are involved, via Twitter, via facebook, all of this is totally beneath you, because you're too important for all of that.

And without that, you're more invested in their failure than any possible benefit to the club.

Well colour me surprised.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 26 Sep 2023 16:00

muirinho
NathStPaul
muirinho

Ah right, so if only they had issued a gold-plated invitation to you personally, you'd be able to give them the benefit of your wisdom and expertise.

Reaching out, via all the mechanisms that were available, contacting any of the people involved via Star, via DM'ing the posters on HNA that are involved, via Twitter, via facebook, all of this is totally beneath you, because you're too important for all of that.

And without that, you're more invested in their failure than any possible benefit to the club.

They invited every other supporter group to the table barring HNA, they alienated a lot of the clubs older and experienced supporters in the process. If you are ok with that then thats fine, you do you. I think it is massively disrespectful personally so my stance is to not get involved in it all.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 26 Sep 2023 16:13

NathStPaul
muirinho

I'd suggest you have a read back through this (and the previous) thread, generally but with extra scrutiny of your own posts, and do some real soul searching on why HNA wasn't consulted at the outset.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 26 Sep 2023 16:14

Can't help but feel this would have all been nipped in the bud ages ago if they'd listened to my suggestion to do something at the Swansea game.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 26 Sep 2023 16:17

maffff
NathStPaul
muirinho

I'd suggest you have a read back through this (and the previous) thread, generally but with extra scrutiny of your own posts, and do some real soul searching on why HNA wasn't consulted at the outset.

Sure.

Go blow up some balloons.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 26 Sep 2023 16:18

muirinho
NathStPaul
muirinho

Indeed, plenty have been involved and engaged from reaching out.

Nath knows he's had routes and opportunities but opted not to use them. He still can.

Nothing is a closed shop - there are several associates now engaged from those that have reached out. SBWD don't have monopoly on this, but are trying - and learning as they to.

A whole forum is a slightly different setup to the other groups and doesn't have a natural hierarchy - who is the king here? Ian Royal?

2661 posts