#SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

2661 posts
WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: “ Sell before we Dai “ supporters action group v2.2

by WestYorksRoyal » 27 Sep 2023 09:03

Stranded
Lower West Difficult to see what protesting is going to achieve. The direction of travel is totally outside the control or influence of the fans. We are mere helpless bystanders. The club needs a new whiteknight.

I guess it boils down to the choice of doing nothing which will definitely have no impact or doing something, that may, just may change something.

Not really sure what else could have been done. National media attention, political engagement, support of the manager.

People asking for more are basically asking for vigilante action or violence to force him into selling which is clearly illegal.

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 27 Sep 2023 09:14

Loafer surely we need to have a violent protest with flares and seats being ripped up and directors box being stormed?

You crack me up Loafer :lol: You're like Citizen Smith of the current revolution.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 27 Sep 2023 09:24

Loafer surely we need to have a violent protest with flares and seats being ripped up and directors box being stormed?

No one is stopping you if that is what you feel is needed but I don't think you'll find support from an "official" group working offical channels as well as arranging demos that the majority would feel comfortable joining in with.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 27 Sep 2023 09:30

Given the trouble Pompey have been through in the past is it not worth reaching out to them to see if they would be interested to join the march before the game?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 27 Sep 2023 09:31

Brum Royal Given the trouble Pompey have been through in the past is it not worth reaching out to them to see if they would be interested to join the march before the game?

There we go, a great idea. We are getting somewhere.

Should have been thought of and organised ages ago imo.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Sep 2023 09:33

The Cap A protest march before the Pomps game could prove interesting. Anybody on here remember, going back in time, when Y25/26 were taunting Pompey fans with "Who's that coming over the hill, is it the tax man, is it the tax man?" Alongside "This is your funeral, this is your funeral". Karma works in its own way and own time.

The main difference here is Pomepy fans revelled in the success their cheating caused and denied that they should be punished.

Whilst we're trying to get shot of the cause of our issues.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 27 Sep 2023 09:37

Snowflake Royal
The Cap A protest march before the Pomps game could prove interesting. Anybody on here remember, going back in time, when Y25/26 were taunting Pompey fans with "Who's that coming over the hill, is it the tax man, is it the tax man?" Alongside "This is your funeral, this is your funeral". Karma works in its own way and own time.

The main difference here is Pomepy fans revelled in the success their cheating caused and denied that they should be punished.

If Dai had cheated successfully we'd have loved it. Promotion in 2019, agreeing a fine with the EFL a few years later for FFP breaches like Bournemouth and Leicester did. Wonderful outcome.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Sep 2023 09:39

WestYorksRoyal
Snowflake Royal

If Dai had cheated successfully we'd have loved it. Promotion in 2019, agreeing a fine with the EFL a few years later for FFP breaches like Bournemouth and Leicester did. Wonderful outcome.

Speak for yourself.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 27 Sep 2023 09:39

The Cap

You crack me up Loafer :lol: You're like Citizen Smith of the current revolution.

who the oxf*rd is that

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Sep 2023 09:44

Loafer
The Cap

who the oxf*rd is that

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 27 Sep 2023 10:19

Stranded
Lower West Difficult to see what protesting is going to achieve. The direction of travel is totally outside the control or influence of the fans. We are mere helpless bystanders. The club needs a new whiteknight.

I guess it boils down to the choice of doing nothing which will definitely have no impact or doing something, that may, just may change something.

Indeed. At least, the tennis ball protest, for example, attracted the attention of the national sports press.

It's not like The Athletic are going to be scouring these pages for gems of wisdom.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 27 Sep 2023 10:22

NathStPaul
Brum Royal Given the trouble Pompey have been through in the past is it not worth reaching out to them to see if they would be interested to join the march before the game?

Off you pop and organise that then. I'm sure there are hordes of supporters who feel shut out by the SbwD gang, that would be thrilled to join you.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 27 Sep 2023 10:33

muirinho
NathStPaul

Off you pop and organise that then. I'm sure there are hordes of supporters who feel shut out by the SbwD gang, that would be thrilled to join you.

No, I am not one of the organisers. We have been through this.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 27 Sep 2023 10:42

The thing I've taken from all this is that I can buy 60 mini tennis balls for £3.99 and I reckon I can sell them for £1 each at the ground. Only need to sell 4 to break even then the rest is profit :D (But I won't)

https://www.networldsports.co.uk/tennis ... age-1.html

These red/green ones will probably show up better on TV
https://www.networldsports.co.uk/tennis ... age-3.html

or orange/green if you prefer
https://www.networldsports.co.uk/tennis ... age-2.html

mad79

by mad79 » 27 Sep 2023 11:35

Bring back that anton z song. Slight change. We don’t care about Dai Yongge( w**nker) he don’t care about us( c**t) all we care about is Reading FC. That will teach the kids programme for schools this week a lesson.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 27 Sep 2023 12:55

No-one outside of Reading gives a toss do they? There was more fuss about Bury.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 27 Sep 2023 12:58

genome No-one outside of Reading gives a toss do they? There was more fuss about Bury.

I think it will gain a lot of traction once we get to the do or die stage. The wider public normally only end up caring when it is slightly too late.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 27 Sep 2023 13:13

NathStPaul
genome No-one outside of Reading gives a toss do they? There was more fuss about Bury.

I think it will gain a lot of traction once we get to the do or die stage. The wider public normally only end up caring when it is slightly too late.

I wonder if we'll get a Sky Sports countdown.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 27 Sep 2023 13:15

All a bit doom and gloom all this...has something been posted that the wages aren't being paid on Friday?

The HMRC thing has happened 3 out of the last 4 months so hardly new...

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 27 Sep 2023 13:34

Mid Sussex Royal All a bit doom and gloom all this...has something been posted that the wages aren't being paid on Friday?

The HMRC thing has happened 3 out of the last 4 months so hardly new...

Witcoop at the Mirror posted something suggesting the players had been told not to expect a full pay check on Friday but then local boy Earnshaw said that was essentially bollocks - so god knows what will happen on Friday.

2661 posts