#SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

2661 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: “ Sell before we Dai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group v2.3 sponsored by Dunlop Tennis Balls

by Hound » 02 Nov 2023 13:21

windermereROYAL
Snowflake Royal
Hound Don’t think anyone is excusing the non payment of tax. It’s a disgrace, esp as it seems to be a predetermined position by Dai only to pay it when he has to/can be arsed

Honestly think it’s one for HMrC to sort out not the EFL though. And they have done so with the winding up order

If you want to leave it to HMRC, they'll just wind up any club that doesn't pay.

And it`s not a winding up order.

Well it will be if we don’t pay

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

Re: “ Sell before we Dai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group v2.3 sponsored by Dunlop Tennis Balls

by tmesis » 02 Nov 2023 16:06

Hound
windermereROYAL
Snowflake Royal If you want to leave it to HMRC, they'll just wind up any club that doesn't pay.

It is a winding up order, although only the courts can make that happen, and they don't tend to be trigger happy on these things. I think Southend had about 30 of them.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 03 Nov 2023 08:42

tmesis
Hound
windermereROYAL

It is a winding up order, although only the courts can make that happen, and they don't tend to be trigger happy on these things. I think Southend had about 30 of them.

Just 25 or so to go then :P

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 03 Nov 2023 11:25

Hound I guess the difficulty for a lot of fans, and myself to an extent is

Is paying tax late cheating (in sporting terms)?
Is paying wages a day late cheating?
Is not putting 125% of wages in an account cheating?

Yes realise points deductions and expulsion are about the only things the EFL has up its sleeve, but it doesn’t feel a great punishment for the crime.
How about this:
EFL fixtures are put on by the EFL, they take all the ticket sales and distribute these back to the clubs, The same with stadium advertising and TV revenue, Might as well have a combined EFL club shop for all teams. The result is the EFL hold most of the clubs revenue and they can then have rules about holding on to it so they can hold some back for wages/tax etc if they feel they have to in order to ensure these bills are met.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Nov 2023 12:46

Forbury Lion

Yes realise points deductions and expulsion are about the only things the EFL has up its sleeve, but it doesn’t feel a great punishment for the crime.
How about this:
EFL fixtures are put on by the EFL, they take all the ticket sales and distribute these back to the clubs, The same with stadium advertising and TV revenue, Might as well have a combined EFL club shop for all teams. The result is the EFL hold most of the clubs revenue and they can then have rules about holding on to it so they can hold some back for wages/tax etc if they feel they have to in order to ensure these bills are met.

Alright, Lenin.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 04 Nov 2023 16:02

Snowflake Royal
Forbury Lion

How about this:

Alright, Lenin.
Feel free to suggest a better idea.

Without the league, the club is worthless. The league have more power than they think.... as long as they don't piss all the teams off at once because without any teams the league is also worthless.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Nov 2023 16:31

Forbury Lion
Snowflake Royal
Forbury Lion How about this:

Alright, Lenin.

Without the league, the club is worthless. The league have more power than they think.... as long as they don't piss all the teams off at once because without any teams the league is also worthless.

The league is the teams.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 06 Nov 2023 10:51

Snowflake Royal
Forbury Lion
Snowflake Royal Alright, Lenin.

The league is the teams.

I was just listening to a podcast about this today, the EFL don't make the rules, They are all agreed by the teams. The EFL just enforce them.

As a result, no team is going to vote for stricter F&PP tests because that will either scupper a deal to sell the club on to whoever comes along with the biggest bag of money or just cause the price to drop as fewer eligible parties will mean no bidding war.

The current F&PP tests are just to see off timewasters who can't afford to pay the owners, not to see off those who can't afford to or lack the ability to run a club.

I don't blame Sir John for selling the club, but I do believe his interests were in part driven by the desire to walkaway with a load of money (not necessarily a profit), as he had expensive declining (at the time) businesses to support (print media/property), a lifestyle to maintain and his familly to think about. Would he have really been in favour of stricter F&PP criteria other than making sure the person had the funds to complete the deal? - I suspect he would have taken a lower offer to an extent if it was someone better able to keep his legacy afloat (unless he secretly likes the idea that nobody else since has/will be as good as him?)

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Nov 2023 10:58

Forbury Lion
Snowflake Royal
Forbury Lion Feel free to suggest a better idea.

The league is the teams.

I was just listening to a podcast about this today, the EFL don't make the rules, They are all agreed by the teams. The EFL just enforce them.

As a result, no team is going to vote for stricter F&PP tests because that will either scupper a deal to sell the club on to whoever comes along with the biggest bag of money or just cause the price to drop as fewer eligible parties will mean no bidding war.

The current F&PP tests are just to see off timewasters who can't afford to pay the owners, not to see off those who can't afford to or lack the ability to run a club.

I don't blame Sir John for selling the club, but I do believe his interests were in part driven by the desire to walkaway with a load of money (not necessarily a profit), as he had expensive declining (at the time) businesses to support (print media/property), a lifestyle to maintain and his familly to think about. Would he have really been in favour of stricter F&PP criteria other than making sure the person had the funds to complete the deal? - I suspect he would have taken a lower offer to an extent if it was someone better able to keep his legacy afloat (unless he secretly likes the idea that nobody else since has/will be as good as him?)

Can we now call it the OD (Owners & Directors) test not FPP as that is both wrong and especially confusing when the club is currently failing FFP related things all over the place.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 06 Nov 2023 11:55

Sutekh
Forbury Lion
Snowflake Royal The league is the teams.

Can we now call it the OD (Owners & Directors) test not FPP as that is both wrong and especially confusing when the club is currently failing FFP related things all over the place.
What do the EFL call it though?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Nov 2023 12:05

Forbury Lion
Sutekh
Forbury Lion I was just listening to a podcast about this today, the EFL don't make the rules, They are all agreed by the teams. The EFL just enforce them.

Owners and Directors test. For about a decade. And about the 300th time Ive said this.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 06 Nov 2023 12:09

Snowflake Royal
Forbury Lion
Sutekh

Owners and Directors test. For about a decade. And about the 300th time Ive said this.
Maybe get someone with a higher profile to say it, if you can.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

Re: “ Sell before we Dai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group v2.3b sponsored by Sports Direct Tennis Ba

by morganb » 06 Nov 2023 21:21

Bit of discussion going on on Twitter regarding throwing tennis balls tomorrow -

should they be thrown knowing there is the chance the game will be called off/we could suffer a points deduction/matches behind closed doors

or

should they not be thrown as they've achieved all they are going to achieve/we need all the points we can get/people don't want to miss the Oxford game

What's the consensus on here?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: “ Sell before we Dai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group v2.3b sponsored by Sports Direct Tennis Ba

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Nov 2023 21:49

If there's a chance of points deductions or games behind closed doors, they shouldn't be thrown until we have no chance of staying up.

I'd probably say throw them as the players come out for the second half but before the game starts. Still disruption, still needs clearing up, still delays the game, but doesn't actually interrupt the game in play.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 08 Nov 2023 19:39

Adjournment debate took place on the independent regulator and Reading FC in Parliament tonight, with thanks to Matt Rodda MP for making it happen: https://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/9 ... n=18:37:28

Delboy

by Delboy » 12 Nov 2023 07:02

Dai has agreed to sell it is only a time issue . Selles will be sacked by a new owner 100 % , should direct efforts now to get him removed or on garden leave asap

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 30 Nov 2023 18:51

Strong statement issued today by the action group.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 30 Nov 2023 19:18

A go fund me has been set up to pay the staff. Now how does this work. Surely we can’t just give money to the club isn’t that against the rules?

https://www.gofundme.com/f/37j3jlh920?u ... e=customer

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 30 Nov 2023 19:52

Brogue A go fund me has been set up to pay the staff. Now how does this work. Surely we can’t just give money to the club isn’t that against the rules?

I understand that this is helping out ordinary people at Christmas, but the idea that we fundraise to pay the wages for a Billionaire's business is just . . . .. it's disgusting. And to think that there are still people who argue against things like an independent regulator or any idea that the people that make millions from football should also pay for its failures.

There should be an EFL guarantee that says that every single employee and supplier to all of its club will 100% be paid regardless of what happens. And if necessary that money comes out of the tv rights deal before the rest is distributed to the clubs. I promise you you'd see some pretty strict new rules introduced overnight. The moment that a bad owner becomes everyone's problem is the moment that we no longer have bad owners.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 30 Nov 2023 21:32

Brogue A go fund me has been set up to pay the staff. Now how does this work. Surely we can’t just give money to the club isn’t that against the rules?

I feel for the non playing staff and it’s totally wrong of Dai people have mortgages to pay on time but I read they will get paid on Tuesday? How would the gofundme money reach them by midnight tonight to pay their mortgages?

Also maybe I’m heartless or less well off than some but people giving £100 quid ti this good on them but I can’t spare £100 to go to I don’t know where

2661 posts